Rome: "If I could go back, I'd wish he didn't get hurt but I don't think it would change my decision on the play"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Rome: "If I could go back, I'd wish he didn't get hurt but I don't think it would change my decision on the play"

In Response to Re: Rome: "If I could go back, I'd wish he didn't get hurt but I don't think it would change my decision on the play":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rome: "If I could go back, I'd wish he didn't get hurt but I don't think it would change my decision on the play" : you have inferred though, there are similarities between the Chara incident and Rome(in terms of being suspendable) I think there's a pretty big difference.  I thought Chara "rubbed" out Pacioretti.  Me thinks Rome "pounded" Horton.  Both resulted in serious injury, but the second was a more violent, flagrant foul. In any event, it's a moving target.  Pretty much anything resulting in injury will be suspendable moving forward.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

If you take the time to read through them carefully and when the Chara incident happened I said it was a hockey play gone wrong.  The only time I brought the Chara debate in this is when dez said that if the puck isnt there its a dirty hit.  He clarified.  I do have some issue with it.  B/C Chara knew exactly what he was doing.  But again, at the end of the day I think its a hockey play gone wrong.  The 1st Rome post I said it was a very late hit. 
    Just picking peoples brain in terms of how they think.  No more no less.  I think we can all agree that the Bruins have been the poster boys for concusions. 
    I still have issue with the victims and I dont think that will change.  Players arent taught to turn the numbers into the boards.  They arent taught to skate backwards when breaking out.  
    I think the hitters need to be respectful.  But I also think the victims need to stop putting themselves in vulnerable positions. B/C ultimately we lost a very good player.  

Gotta get my work done folks.  Good chats.  Looking fwd to tonight. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Rome: "If I could go back, I'd wish he didn't get hurt but I don't think it would change my decision on the play"

In Response to Re: Rome: "If I could go back, I'd wish he didn't get hurt but I don't think it would change my decision on the play":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rome: "If I could go back, I'd wish he didn't get hurt but I don't think it would change my decision on the play" : If you take the time to read through them carefully and when the Chara incident happened I said it was a hockey play gone wrong.  The only time I brought the Chara debate in this is when dez said that if the puck isnt there its a dirty hit.  He clarified.  I do have some issue with it.  B/C Chara knew exactly what he was doing.  But again, at the end of the day I think its a hockey play gone wrong.  The 1st Rome post I said it was a very late hit.  Just picking peoples brain in terms of how they think.  No more no less.  I think we can all agree that the Bruins have been the poster boys for concusions.  I still have issue with the victims and I dont think that will change.  Players arent taught to turn the numbers into the boards.  They arent taught to skate backwards when breaking out.   I think the hitters need to be respectful.  But I also think the victims need to stop putting themselves in vulnerable positions. B/C ultimately we lost a very good player.   Gotta get my work done folks.  Good chats.  Looking fwd to tonight. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

You keep saying that Chara knew exactly what he was doing? Could you clarify?

Knew he was rubbing him out? Knew he was doing to put him into the stanchion?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Crowls,

Do you believe he knew who he was hitting and what he was doing in regards to rubbing him out.  If not fine.  I believe he knew exactly what he was doing.  And if players are accountable for their actions he likely should of eased up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Crowls, Do you believe he knew who he was hitting and what he was doing in regards to rubbing him out.  If not fine.  I believe he knew exactly what he was doing.  And if players are accountable for their actions he likely should of eased up.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Wasn't necessarily drawing a conclusion, just trying to understand what you meant.  Still wondering.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Crowls.

a. I think he knew exactly who had the puck
    b. I think he intended to ram him into the boards/turnbuckle
    c. there is a negative history between the two
    d. i think he thought payback time

we can never get into his brain.  but i believe he meant to steamroll him.
    clearer?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think one significant difference between the Chara hit and the Rome hit is simply the options available.

Chara's only possible option to stop a breakaway there is to pin Pac off at the boards and take the interference penalty - it is actually a rational move.  No way Chara can give up a breakaway there in that game, against that team, and that player.  He either pins him into the boards or leaves it to Thomas to stop the breakaway.

Rome had tons of options.  No need for the hit there.  No need for it to be late or high.  No need to leave your feet.

I just think that one was more about stopping a breakaway (ruthlessly to be sure), and one was more about just taking a guy out.  Just my opinion.

I would have ripped Chara for letting Pac coast by him there, onto a breakaway.  Nobody would have even noticed if Rome decided he was too late and let up.  At best it would be a 2 on 2 for the Bruins with Lucic already being confronted at the blue line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sadbears. Show Sadbears's posts

Romer was standing there - Horton skated to him !! If he did not get hurt there is no suspension. What about Chara's hit. ??!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Romer was standing there - Horton skated to him !! If he did not get hurt there is no suspension. What about Chara's hit. ??!!
    Posted by Sadbears[/QUOTE]

you better put a helmet on and get in your foxhole.
    Incoming!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and I can't believe the Chara-Pacioretty debate again.  IT'S GAME 6 FOR PETE'S SAKE !!!
    And Rome deserved the suspension end of story. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]and I can't believe the Chara-Pacioretty debate again.  IT'S GAME 6 FOR PETE'S SAKE !!! And Rome deserved the suspension end of story. 
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

i agree