Rome to miss playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from uphere. Show uphere's posts

Rome to miss playoffs

They should let him play...always against Thorny and Luc instead of suspension!
    Rome gets 4 games!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Re: Rome to miss playoffs

Fair suspension I suppose. But the trade isn't even: Horton for Rome is insanely one-sided.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

Totally unfair that Rome misses the rest of the playoffs and Chara gets to play!! When Max ran his own head into the stan....I mean....when Chara and him....no wait....I know this one....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from uphere. Show uphere's posts

Yea..ok? Not even comparable hits...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Total chicken-sh*t move by the league.  They gave Paille 4 games for a hit that wasnt one-one thousandth as bad as Romes.  Gutless, as usual by the league.  I honestly think if the league doesnt crack down on head shots we really might see someone get killed out there.  The Cooke hit too in all honesty.  They were looking for a reason to give him a long one, and found it.  And how about whatshisnuts on the Islanders?  His hits werent half this bad.  I dont get what the league is doing.  Repeat offender or not, to send a message they need to suspend guys longer and longer and fine them more and more.  Its really that simple. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Exactly right, Kennedy.  Nothing to celebrate here.  Horton being out really hurts the top line.  The Canucks have Keith Ballard waiting for playing time too.

I don't even have any ill-will towards Rome.  He tried to hit a guy at the blue line, came in too late, and Horton happened to be looking the other way.  Not really malicious, and it is actually less offensive than the other antics from the Canucks, to me.

Hope Horty is okay, and hope that a rusty Ballard and Alberts combined with an injured Hamhuis and a suspended Rome = a very tired, sloppy D-core for Vancouver.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Rome to miss playoffs:
    Total chicken-sh*t move by the league.  They gave Paille 4 games for a hit that wasnt one-one thousandth as bad as Romes.  Gutless, as usual by the league.  I honestly think if the league doesnt crack down on head shots we really might see someone get killed out there.  The Cooke hit too in all honesty.  They were looking for a reason to give him a long one, and found it.  And how about whatshisnuts on the Islanders?  His hits werent half this bad.  I dont get what the league is doing.  Repeat offender or not, to send a message they need to suspend guys longer and longer and fine them more and more.  Its really that simple. 
    Posted by bigvig

I think Rome would rather miss the entire season then the rest of the Stanley Cup Finals. Funny thing is if Van had a healthy D corps Rome would be either a scratch or on the AHL squad.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Exactly right, Kennedy.  Nothing to celebrate here.  Horton being out really hurts the top line.  The Canucks have Keith Ballard waiting for playing time too. I don't even have any ill-will towards Rome.  He tried to hit a guy at the blue line, came in too late, and Horton happened to be looking the other way.  Not really malicious, and it is actually less offensive than the other antics from the Canucks, to me. Hope Horty is okay, and hope that a rusty Ballard and Alberts combined with an injured Hamhuis and a suspended Rome = a very tired, sloppy D-core for Vancouver.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Ditto all of that. I don't think Rome's intent was to put Horton in the hospital, but I don't think it matters what his intent was: a dirty late hit is a dirty late hit, and he has to pay for it.

Honestly,  as the King says above, I'd prefer to see longer suspensions become the general rule for these kinds of hits. Right now, though, that's the going rate.

Mostly, I hope Horton recovers quickly and is 100% for the start of training camp and next season. I don't ever want to see a guy deprived of his ability to play the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Fair.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from uphere. Show uphere's posts

Exactly right, Kennedy.  Nothing to celebrate here.  Horton being out really hurts the top line.  The Canucks have Keith Ballard waiting for playing time too. I don't even have any ill-will towards Rome.  He tried to hit a guy at the blue line, came in too late, and Horton happened to be looking the other way.  Not really malicious, and it is actually less offensive than the other antics from the Canucks, to me. Hope Horty is okay, and hope that a rusty Ballard and Alberts combined with an injured Hamhuis and a suspended Rome = a very tired, sloppy D-core for Vancouver.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Right on!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I could care less what Rome gets.  after giving Horton a hard time at the beginning of the year he has turned into what we all hoped.  I will miss his fire the rest of the way. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Too bad. I wanted to see Rome back so Lucic could open him up like a cheap can of tomatoes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

Fair suspension I suppose. But the trade isn't even: Horton for Rome is insanely one-sided.
    Posted by Kennedy97

Agreed.  Justice still hasn't been meted out yet... that will come next season and in Game 4.

It's time for Chara to whip out those big Slovak screws and drop the gloves.  Not that he hasn't tried, the Canucks are just wimpresses.

Now that will be the statement from the Bs I've been looking for.  It has got to come from one of the Bs most respected players.  Maybe Recchi.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmanning. Show tmmanning's posts

I would have gone 5 more to start next year for full effect.  That is really the textbook case of what the league is looking at supposedly trying to elminate. I think if you get more severe with the suspensions, you'll curb some of this.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

I agree. This doesnt barely hurts their teams ability with Ballard available and if you pushed it to 5 games next year it would send a message. This was blindside and to the head (intentional or not by leaving his feet his shoulder hit him in the head).

I think their should be a mandatory minimum of 4 game for blindside hit, 5 for hits to the head (this being both). They should also look at a 1 game suspension for leaving the feet on a check (as I believe if you are doing this your intent is to injure).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Rome is no where near as good as Horton, but losing a D is more difficult than losing a right wing.  The Canucks back end looked lost without Rome and Hamhuis, so hopefully that keeps up when Ballard checks in.  It will be a little compensation for them taking out a top Bruins forward.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In Response to Rome to miss playoffs:
    They should let him play...always against Thorny and Luc instead of suspension! Rome gets 4 games!!
    Posted by uphere

They should have let him play so we could watch Thornton pound him into the pre-season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

+100 @ Alley Cat.

Yes sir, I agree sir!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Well at least the NHL got  one suspension right. Burrows should have been gone for game 2.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

I am actualy surprised he got 4. Perhaps the NHL is starting to see that they need to send these guys out for more than 1 or 2 games as was suggested by TSN. The fact that is the playoffs so the suspensions  counts double from the regular season is so wrong. Anythig less than 4 would have been complete garbage.
    I see the B's fired up after this and will continue to hit the Van D. Look for the B's to run the table.

Go B's   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Posted by Kennedy97

Im sure it's been brought up but i think when a player gets suspended,the team shouldn't be able to replace him so Vancouver has to play with 5 defencemen for rest of series,if forward you can't replace with another forward,that way the hole team is getting punished

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I did not think he would be suspended, I am shocked he got 4 games. Clearly they dont want him returning to this series and that the only reason he was suspended..Don't get me wrong I thnk the hit was late, but when it comes to the NHL and this stuff, you never know. Personally, I think 1st time offenders should be out as long as the player that is injured is out, second time you do that plus 10 games and so on...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Big Deal.. Bruins lose this one big time.. hopefully they will use this as a rallying point like they started last night.. Hopefully Seguin can come in and contribute but doesn't replace a warrior like Horton , sorry.. This guy has been playing with a frozen shoulder since that hit against Tampa and been able to play well .. Who is Rome? 7th D man at best and a pylon.. Advantage Canucks here big time..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: Rome to miss playoffs : Im sure it's been brought up but i think when a player gets suspended,the team shouldn't be able to replace him so Vancouver has to play with 5 defencemen for rest of series,if forward you can't replace with another forward,that way the hole team is getting punished
    Posted by kitchener

I'd be in favour of considering that but at this point, it's not NHL policy, and the league can't just make it up as they go along.

For the future, I definitely think it's something for the NHL to consider.

Sections
Shortcuts