Rome With Another Dirty Play.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Rome With Another Dirty Play.........

http://www.thescore.com/buzz/articles/182297-rome-s-elbow-on-smith-pelly

It even looked like he jumped a bit at the end. What an idiot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Rome With Another Dirty Play.........

In Response to Re: Rome With Another Dirty Play.........:
    [QUOTE]Rome is a s cumbag. And speaking of s cumbags, I have to admit that Matt Cooke scored a nice one on the penalty shot last night. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D00GV59scfw
    Posted by SomethingBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Brew, purely out of principle, I refuse to look at it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Dez, I don't agree with you here. I don't think that was dirty

obviously, the horton hit was, but that's really a questionable call in my opinion. Even if this makes it to shanahan, (which it won't) if you've heard his rulings before, it matters what the player being hit does before the point of contact.

As you can see in the video slow motion replay, moments before the hit the guy turns to face Rome and drops his head at least a foot. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, I don't agree with you here. I don't think that was dirty obviously, the horton hit was, but that's really a questionable call in my opinion.
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]
    Rome clearly came from the blindside and jumped through the hit while firing out the chicken wing. He elbowed Smith-Pelley in the throat. Also, the puck never got there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Pure idiocy by Rome, Shanahan is going to drop the hammer then the so called purists will say it's "Puzzification" of the game". What do players like Rome not get ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Fair enough

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rome With Another Dirty Play......... : Rome clearly came from the blindside and jumped through the hit while firing out the chicken wing. He elbowed Smith-Pelley in the throat. Also, the puck never got there.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

"coming from the blindside" isn't a penalty, hitting from behind is, and he didn't hit him from behind. Also, the puck was right in his feet at the time of contact, Rome isn't going to be penalized for that.

jumping through the hit is also a reach.

I just googled and it seems like the national media agrees with me

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Video-Aaron-Rome-gets-ejected-for-hit-on-Ducks-?urn=nhl-wp17248

no way this leads to a suspension.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rome With Another Dirty Play......... : "coming from the blindside" isn't a penalty, hitting from behind is, and he didn't hit him from behind. Also, the puck was right in his feet at the time of contact, Rome isn't going to be penalized for that. jumping through the hit is also a reach. I just googled and it seems like the national media agrees with me http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Video-Aaron-Rome-gets-ejected-for-hit-on-Ducks-?urn=nhl-wp17248 no way this leads to a suspension.
    I believe it now is.
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=522691

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rome With Another Dirty Play......... : "coming from the blindside" isn't a penalty, hitting from behind is, and he didn't hit him from behind. Also, the puck was right in his feet at the time of contact, Rome isn't going to be penalized for that. jumping through the hit is also a reach. I just googled and it seems like the national media agrees with me http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Video-Aaron-Rome-gets-ejected-for-hit-on-Ducks-?urn=nhl-wp17248 no way this leads to a suspension.
    What was Rome penalized for then? Clean hits don't get you sent off. He was given 5 and a game for elbowing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Couple of minutes for elbowing.

Nothing more here.

It's a good thing that Sheldon Brookbank was on the ice.  He yelled at Rome.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Couple of minutes for elbowing. Nothing more here. It's a good thing that Sheldon Brookbank was on the ice.  He yelled at Rome.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    No, it was 5 and a game. Ducks scored twice on the PP.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rome With Another Dirty Play......... : I believe it now is. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=522691
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I think you are misinterpreting that. if you approach from the blindside, it doesn't matter. What actually matters is where you hit him. If rome had come from the blind-side, and hit him from the blind side while targetting the head, then he could be suspended.

but he hit him square and led with the shoulder and the ducks dude turned into him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

That's nothing like the one he put on Horts.  I didn't see an elbow either.  But, it was a cheapshot to the head.

If I'm Smith-Pelly, I'm more mad at who ever put that puck in my skates.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rome With Another Dirty Play......... : I think you are misinterpreting that. if you approach from the blindside, it doesn't matter. What actually matters is where you hit him.
    If rome had come from the blind-side, and hit him from the blind side while targetting the head, then he could be suspended. but he hit him square and led with the shoulder and the ducks dude turned into him.
    No, I think I get what the rule means.......the guy was tossed for it so obviously I'm not alone in my assertion the play was dirty. Not a big deal though. I'm sure we'll disagree again at some point. Cheers.

blind-side hit to an opponent where the head is targeted and/or the principal point of contact.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Coming from the blindside isn't a penalty but hitting from the blindside is.  This case it's not a blindside hit as he sees him coming and when hit he's facing Rome.
    What this is in todays game is contact to the head.  He will get suspended just like other offenders have upto now.
    Oh yes,  he falls also into the repeat offenders clause.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rome With Another Dirty Play......... : Coming from the blindside isn't a penalty but hitting from the blindside is.  This case it's not a blindside hit as he sees him coming and when hit he's facing Rome. What this is in todays game is contact to the head.  He will get suspended just like other offenders have upto now.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

This is the key to all hits after the new rule. Whether the head is targeted .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rome With Another Dirty Play......... : Coming from the blindside isn't a penalty but hitting from the blindside is.  This case it's not a blindside hit as he sees him coming and when hit he's facing Rome. What this is in todays game is contact to the head.  He will get suspended just like other offenders have upto now. Oh yes,  he falls also into the repeat offenders clause.

BsLegion, you guys really have this one wrong, and here's an example of a much worse hit that was a head-shot and didn't result in a suspension. like I said before, it matters what the player being hit does

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=125990

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rome With Another Dirty Play......... : BsLegion, you guys really have this one wrong, and here's an example of a much worse hit that was a head-shot and didn't result in a suspension. like I said before, it matters what the player being hit does http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=125990

I'm not debating where the hit came from .  To me it looks like contact to the head and today that is a suspenable offense like it or not. It's the new rule.
    I don't have all the angles the NHL has but if he's not susoended they'll explain that the head was not touched.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rome With Another Dirty Play......... : I'm not debating where the hit came from .  To me it looks like contact to the head and today that is a suspenable offense like it or not. It's the new rule. I don't have all the angles the NHL has but if he's not susoended they'll explain that the head was not touched.

did you even watch the video that I just linked? Don't take it from me, let Mr. Shanahan explain it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rome With Another Dirty Play......... : did you even watch the video that I just linked? Don't take it from me, let Mr. Shanahan explain it.

LOL... no, I just went on recent history. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rome With Another Dirty Play......... : LOL... no, I just went on recent history. 

Well, I'm not linking it because I like to link random videos. It's evidence that proves my point, and disproves the idea that the circumstances of a hit to the head don't matter.

Summary: Brenden Shanahan explains this preseason that Ryan Malone will not be suspended for hitting Campoli with a brutal head-shot.

it's 2 minutes long, and I suggest anyone interested in head-shots actually watches it before assuming all hits to the head are going to result in suspensions.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=125990

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rome With Another Dirty Play......... : did you even watch the video that I just linked? Don't take it from me, let Mr. Shanahan explain it.

Ok watched it now . The reason why Malone did not get suspended is because Campoli gets low to reach for the puck and puts himself in harms way,  Malone had already commited to the hit.
    Rome it's completely different, Pelly's head is upright but Rome's arms move up to hit the head.  Pelly did not lower himself or put his head in harms way.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]. Rome it's completely different, Pelly's head is upright but Rome's arms move up to hit the head.  Pelly did not lower himself or put his head in harms way.

watch it in slow motion, he definitely turns into it and drops his head

sorry. blatantly turned into him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rome With Another Dirty Play......... : watch it in slow motion, he definitely turns into it and drops his head 1.  2.  3. sorry. blatantly turned into him.

Let me ask you this; If he doesn't turn his head will Rome's elbow (fore-arm) still hit the head ? 
    I say it does and that's illegal today. 
    When I started a thread in the pre-season about all the suspensions many said I was over reacting. 
    BTW love your screen shots. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rome With Another Dirty Play......... : Well, I'm not linking it because I like to link random videos. It's evidence that proves my point, and disproves the idea that the circumstances of a hit to the head don't matter. Summary: Brenden Shanahan explains this preseason that Ryan Malone will not be suspended for hitting Campoli with a brutal head-shot. it's 2 minutes long, and I suggest anyone interested in head-shots actually watches it before assuming all hits to the head are going to result in suspensions. http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=125990
    Ols, I'm aware that not all head contact is the same. I just think Rome's play was clearly reckless whereas Malone was simply attempting to deliver a hit to a player that was facing him in open ice. Campoli lunged towards him/the puck at the last second. I guess we just don't agree on what we're seeing regarding what Rome did.