Rome's hit has awoken the Bear from hibernation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Rome's hit has awoken the Bear from hibernation

The first two games of the finals were exciting low scoring affairs. Vancouver managed to win both their home games by exceling on special teams, limiting their errors and getting great goaltending from Luongo. There were a few silly skirmishes after the first couple of games but nothing game changing.  However the Bruins did play full of energy but were lacking the emotion and determination necessary to become champions.

Until game 3 when Rome finished a late upper body check crashing Horton
    down to the ice resulting in a series ending concussion. The NHL has made their decision and its an eye for an eye. Rome has been suspended for the entire Finals.

This late hit now has serious implications for Vancouver's defence. Both their number 1 and 2 shutdown defensemen are out (Hamhuis is injured and not coming back anytime soon). I don't see how Alberts, Ballard or Tanev can lead the Canucks to the Cup. More importantly, the late hit by Rome has awoken the bear within. The Bruins rallied around the bench and said this game and the series is for Horton who has brought us here. They are now playing with more focus, desire and passion than ever before. This spells big trouble for Vancouver.

Yes, Horton will be dearly missed. His knack for scoring game winning goals is a big hole to fill. However, with the insertion of Thornton and Seguin along with Thomas steady goaltending the Bruins will carry the momentem necessary to win Game 4.

The loss of the Canucks top 2 shutdown defenseman, Luongo's shakey goaltending and their inept power play are grave areas of concerns. Although poking and awaking the bear from their emotional hibernation plus finding a purpose and dedicating the series to Horton now spells disaster for Vancouver.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Re: Rome's hit has awoken the Bear from hibernation

I also wanted to point out that Kesler being a non-factor in this series so far is a big concern.

In Response to Rome's hit has awoken the Bear from hibernation:
    The first two games of the finals were exciting low scoring affairs. Vancouver managed to win both their home games by exceling on special teams, limiting their errors and getting great goaltending from Luongo. There were a few silly skirmishes after the first couple of games but nothing game changing.  However the Bruins did play full of energy but were lacking the emotion and determination necessary to become champions. Until game 3 when Rome finished a late upper body check crashing Horton down to the ice resulting in a series ending concussion. The NHL has made their decision and its an eye for an eye. Rome has been suspended for the entire Finals. This late hit now has serious implications for Vancouver's defence. Both their number 1 and 2 shutdown defensemen are out (Hamhuis is injured and not coming back anytime soon). I don't see how Alberts, Ballard or Tanev can lead the Canucks to the Cup. More importantly, the late hit by Rome has awoken the bear within. The Bruins rallied around the bench and said this game and the series is for Horton who has brought us here. They are now playing with more focus, desire and passion than ever before. This spells big trouble for Vancouver. Yes, Horton will be dearly missed. His knack for scoring game winning goals is a big hole to fill. However, with the insertion of Thornton and Seguin along with Thomas steady goaltending the Bruins will carry the momentem necessary to win Game 4. The loss of the Canucks top 2 shutdown defenseman, Luongo's shakey goaltending and their inept power play are grave areas of concerns. Although poking and awaking the bear from their emotional hibernation plus finding a purpose and dedicating the series to Horton now spells disaster for Vancouver.
    Posted by Camperpete

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

what 2 shut down d-men????  Rome is a 5/6 dman who just eats up time.  Ham is a good dman, Bieksa would be their other shut down.  And btw your analysis of games 1/2 sucks. did you watch them?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I agree with most of your points but I wouldn't call Rome one of the Canucks top 2 shutdown men. He was only in the lineup because of the injury to Hambuis. They are deep on defense. They still have Bieksa, Ehrohoff, Salo & Elder. It seems whoever they plug in to cover injuries does a great job. Ballard has been more than adequate when he has been in the lineup. With them being so loaded up front, I don't think this will have a major impact. After being embarrased in game 3, everyone knows the Canucks will bring their best effort in game 4. With that being said, I think the Canucks are very beatable & if the B's can pull it off tonight it's a best of 3 with the series & cup there for the taking.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RidingwiththeQueen. Show RidingwiththeQueen's posts

HONEY WHEN WE'RE IN BED YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A BEAST I LOVE IT HOPE YOU'LL REMOVE YOUR STICK I WANNA MAKE LOVE TONITE ...AND DON'T BE SAD IF YOUR BRUINS LOSE TONITE I LL HOLD YOU IN MY ARMS AND I LL TAKE CARE OF YOU, I LL WILL DRY YOUR TEARS.. HONEY YOU'RE MY TEDDY BEAR...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Rome's hit has awoken the Bear from hibernation:
    JP, The only thing I would argue is why is there not a drop off if Ballard wasn't starting to begin with? It's not like Rome is a bad player. He was clearly chosen over Ballard. Ballard is probably a little nervous here. Heck, even Andrew Alberts is chosen over Ballard.  Alberts is like a 6th D Man type. He's no better than McQuaid. If Hamhius isn't back or isn't 100%, I seriously think this is an issue for them. To come off the bench and slide right into an intense series will not be easy for any player expected to take up chunks of minutes.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Ballard has plyed in 9 of Vancouver's playoff games & Alberts only 5. Take that for what it's worth. All I was saying is that anybody the Canucks put in on the blueline, they seem to step in & play well & not really affect the team. I agree, I think the series is there for the taking if the Bruins can even it up tonight.

Sections
Shortcuts