Ron Wilson's goaltending decision for tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Ron Wilson's goaltending decision for tonight?

After hearing for the last month how the Leafs could not wait to get James Reimer back he has now been cleared to play.

However, Ron Wilson apparently has decided to start Gustafson(spelling) & use Reimer as the backup tonight. Coincidence? Appears to me Wilson is scared of throwing Reimer up against the Bs who have been playing like a powerhouse.

If I were a Leafs fan or player I would be extremely frustrated by this. To me it shows a lack of confidence from the coach & certainly sends the wrong message.

I realize some will say he is protecting the guy but if he is cleared to play why would you not play him against a team that has owned the Leafs all season?

I could care less what happens to the Leafs but I found it comical that the Leafs headcoach would not jump at the opportuntiy to start there number 1 guy against a major nemisis after being owned all season. Perhaps the Bs are in Wilson's head a little.

I realize Wilson may change his mind but if not it looks like a cowardly decision to me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Ron Wilson's goaltending decision for tonight?

When you have young goalies you do have to sometimes protect their fragile psyche, sometimes more than often. The real problem I see for the Laffs is their defense 3.20GAA per and 31 shots a game their allowing. This is were Burke should be addressing not their lack of scoring.

The way Boston is playing they can only beat themselves as they are on all cylinders right now. Wilson can only watch as his defense can stop Boston's cycle as his defenders can't out muscle or out skate Bostons forwards.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Ron Wilson's goaltending decision for tonight?:
    [QUOTE]After hearing for the last month how the Leafs could not wait to get James Reimer back he has now been cleared to play. However, Ron Wilson apparently has decided to start Gustafson(spelling) & use Reimer as the backup tonight. Coincidence? Appears to me Wilson is scared of throwing Reimer up against the Bs who have been playing like a powerhouse. If I were a Leafs fan or player I would be extremely frustrated by this. To me it shows a lack of confidence from the coach & certainly sends the wrong message. I realize some will say he is protecting the guy but if he is cleared to play why would you not play him against a team that has owned the Leafs all season? I could care less what happens to the Leafs but I found it comical that the Leafs headcoach would not jump at the opportuntiy to start there number 1 guy against a major nemisis after being owned all season. Perhaps the Bs are in Wilson's head a little. I realize Wilson may change his mind but if not it looks like a cowardly decision to me.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

I was listening to Toronto sports talk radio this week and the word is the Leafs want Reimer to have gameday preparations as a backup after being out so long to bring him along at a slower pace then throwing him in right away.

Buffalo is doing the exact same thing with Miller tonight. It has nothing to do with Wilson being scared and makes perfect sense considering he has just been cleared to play. Reimer is scheduled to start on Monday against the NYR.

Of note Gustavsson had won his last 4 starts before the loss to the Bruins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

dailyfaceoff.com list Reimer as the starter for tonight. The info was updated at noon today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Also heard on Fan590 that Reimer is starting tonight.

Grease those sticks boys, there's nothing like a goalie with rust to juice up your stats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Maybe Ruff starts Miller now too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Ron Wilson's goaltending decision for tonight?:
    [QUOTE]Maybe Ruff starts Miller now too.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Miller also confirmed on dailyfaceoff.com as of 1:00pm