Rookie Camp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

Rookie Camp

Rookie camp opens on Tuesday the 3rd.  Anybody know the roster?  Is it basically the same roster as the development camp, or does it include anybody that would be considered a "rookie" if they made the NHL, such as Spooner, Knight, Fraser, etc.?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Rookie Camp

Link to the anouncement please.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I've been looking for the rookie camp roster - no luck as of yet. It does start on the 3rd, but the only text confirmation I have is bleacher report, so I won't bother with the link.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

thanks Red, I haven't seen any links or announcements either.  wierd because it's only 5 days away...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

A reputable confirmation for the Sept. 3rd start

http://nesn.com/2013/07/bruins-to-open-training-camp-sept-11-preseason-game-schedule-begins-sept-16-at-montreal/

Still no roster though

They'll also start a rookie tournament in Coral Springs, Florida on Sept. 6th against the Bolts, Panthers and Preds.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=681266

Roster's up.  Forwards will be interesting with Spooner, Khokhlachev, Camara, Griffith, Knight, Lindblad, Florek and Fallstrom.  I think the first five are the most likely to survive to regular camp, but I have a good feeling about FA signee Lindblad.  Made the most of his brief time in Providence. I wonder if he'll push?

D, on the other hand, is a snooze.  The only guys who are even close to being in the mix for the NHL - ever - are Cross, Trotman and Casto and I'm being generous.  None excite me.  I suppose the continuation of the Jesse Lees saga will be mildly interesting if he gets offered a deal. 

In goal, it might as well be Subban and ShooterTutor.

Are you not entertained?!?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...just realized that there is a Bruins game a week from today.  Sure, it's a rookie camp game.  But it's a Bruins game, and it's one week from today.  Hope NAS has his thesaurus and HBs ready to file a camp report.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Who is Steven Spinell?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

...just realized that there is a Bruins game a week from today.  Sure, it's a rookie camp game.  But it's a Bruins game, and it's one week from today.  Hope NAS has his thesaurus and HBs ready to file a camp report.

I hope NAS will drive over and watch and tell us.

I think rookie games are barrels of fun.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

According to Google it's only a 48 minute drive to Miami and only 20 minutes from the rink in Sunrise, so we should definitely dragoon him into going, as it can't be that far from wherever he is in that Metro area.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Who is Steven Spinell?

Found him in hockey db listed under Steve Spinell

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=107555

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

[QUOTE]

Who is Steven Spinell?

[/QUOTE]

:p Just meant I'd never heard of him in the Bruins system before.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

:p Just meant I'd never heard of him in the Bruins system before.

Lots of unknowns in that roster, a fair sprinkling of cement heads and no one who looks like a potential player - among the unknowns; Campbell Elynuik, Maxime Villemaire, Campbell Elynuik, Mickael Beauregard.

Disappointing, we could use another Riendeau to keep things interesting.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think what BadHab meant is that he found him under "A. Body" on hockeydb.

Ditto for Pat's kid Campbell Elynuik, and maybe local boy Wayne Simpson, and maybe Beauregard who will fight but isn't likely to make Providence let alone Boston.  Jayden Hart, Alex Cord, Jesse Lees, and Maxime Villemaire are guys who either have junior eligibility left, or they're just timing out.  They're the hungry, longshot prospects who will try to make Spooner or Khokhlachev look stupid if they've come to camp out of shape or unprepared.

Not to cross the streams, but here's another Chiarelli characteristic - when he sees a weakness in the system, he goes for volume in order to find a diamond in the coal pile.  It was a lack of defensemen with puck skills.  It was a gap throughout the organization, and it's the reason he went goofy for small, NCAA defenseman for several years - Hunwick, Kampfer, Warsofsky, Krug, Penner.  Now they have Hamilton, Krug, Bartkowski looking like they can contribute at the NHL level and excel in the A.  The gap now is size on the blueline - but bigger guys who can play and play tough. NHL size isn't a problem, but you can see it in the system and in the guys they'd be calling up in case of injury.  Not a bad strategy, if you ask me - though the NCAA defensemen thing was driving me batty.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

BadHab - that was my point about Lees.  He's one of two kids they Bruins invited - and Jayden Hart is the other - who still have two years of draft eligibility left.  If the Bruins don't sign them by the first game of the regular season, they go back into the draft.  So if they do really well in rookie camp, the Bruins will have to make a snap decision on whether to put these guys under contract or not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I see Trotman is on the roster. Even if he has a great camp, manages to keep his twice concussed head clear and starts off on fire in Providence only injury will give him a shot with the Bs. Bartkowski and Krug looked much better the last time I saw all three playing together in Providence. Lots of talent but couldn't stay out of the trainers room. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

[QUOTE]

Who is Steven Spinell?

[/QUOTE]

I really did Chiarelli's Miami-Ohio fetish recently.

Carter Camper, Alden Hirschfeld, Reilly Smith, and now Spinell.

He must remember the incomparable play of Pat Leahy...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I think what BadHab meant is that he found him under "A. Body" on hockeydb.

Ditto for Pat's kid Campbell Elynuik, and maybe local boy Wayne Simpson, and maybe Beauregard who will fight but isn't likely to make Providence let alone Boston.  Jayden Hart, Alex Cord, Jesse Lees, and Maxime Villemaire are guys who either have junior eligibility left, or they're just timing out.  They're the hungry, longshot prospects who will try to make Spooner or Khokhlachev look stupid if they've come to camp out of shape or unprepared.

Not to cross the streams, but here's another Chiarelli characteristic - when he sees a weakness in the system, he goes for volume in order to find a diamond in the coal pile.  It was a lack of defensemen with puck skills.  It was a gap throughout the organization, and it's the reason he went goofy for small, NCAA defenseman for several years - Hunwick, Kampfer, Warsofsky, Krug, Penner.  Now they have Hamilton, Krug, Bartkowski looking like they can contribute at the NHL level and excel in the A.  The gap now is size on the blueline - but bigger guys who can play and play tough. NHL size isn't a problem, but you can see it in the system and in the guys they'd be calling up in case of injury.  Not a bad strategy, if you ask me - though the NCAA defensemen thing was driving me batty.

Don't forget Grezlcyk.  I also read that Colby Cohen signed in Europe, so there's one more spot in Providence available.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Fletch, nothing specific but I've heard that Cohen has always had a bad attitude. He acts like he's really good and that it's everyone else's fault for not noticing. Also, no Morrow in rookie camp. No explanation other than it being a team decision.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/30/bruins-will-send-top-prospects-to-coral-springs-prospects-camp/

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Fletch, nothing specific but I've heard that Cohen has always had a bad attitude. He acts like he's really good and that it's everyone else's fault for not noticing. Also, no Morrow in rookie camp. No explanation other than it being a team decision.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/30/bruins-will-send-top-prospects-to-coral-springs-prospects-camp/

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

I heard the same dez.  When he and Kevin Shattenkirk were both rookies with the Avs, I heard that they didn't get along (odd, since they played together at BU) and Cohen did not take well to Shattenkirk moving up ahead of him.  Supposedly it was part of the reason the Avs dealt him.  

Then I always heard that he was looking pretty good and close to being NHL ready (size, skating, very physical), but the Bruins sure didn't seem to be impressed.  I never heard one mention him moving up the depth chart and he was promptly passed by similar guys in Bartkowski and Trotman.

I think his career will stay in Europe.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Take a breath, you jokers.  Of course I'm going.  I can't wait!  Not only will I be seeing the B's guys, the Panthers, Lightning and Predators will have teams there.

Yep, Barkov, Jones and Drouin.  So awesome.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Take a breath, you jokers.  Of course I'm going.  I can't wait!  Not only will I be seeing the B's guys, the Panthers, Lightning and Predators will have teams there.

Paint me as jealous.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Hi Everyone

I am planning on the Saturday afternoon game...coming over from Tampa with my family.

Since I couldn't find any info on the Iceplex website, I emailed their director of Hockey Operations...he said he was pretty sure it is free and any questions could be directed to the phone number below. I hope this helps anyone planning on coming down for the event.

Here is his contact info.

Jeremy Mylymok Director of Hockey & GM Florida JR Panthers O 954.341.9956 Ext. 212 C 954.609.9982 Saveology.com   Iceplex | 3299 Sportsplex Drive | Coral Springs, FL 33065 MylymokJ@floridapanthers.com  

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Sections
Shortcuts