Rookie Camp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Rookie Camp

In response to biggskye's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Torey Krug is driving you nuts?

Four goals fueled a hype machine that we hadn't seen for a player in quite a while.

And for the rest of the playoffs?

He was gone.

It was not just the goals. It was the skill set he displayed, that got people excited.

Also, it was the Stanley Cup Playoffs, and he was facing the Rangers, Penguins, and Hawks. That's a pretty tough assignment to begin your NHL career with.

It will be interesting to see him against the weaker teams. He could have a big impact on the long dormant PP of the B's.

I agree Big and it was only sensible that he had to take a step back after the record start he had.  Count me among those who think he made significant positive strides in his development last year. I'm excited to see how he does in the future.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It was not just the goals. It was the skill set he displayed, that got people excited.

Also, it was the Stanley Cup Playoffs, and he was facing the Rangers, Penguins, and Hawks. That's a pretty tough assignment to begin your NHL career with.

It will be interesting to see him against the weaker teams. He could have a big impact on the long dormant PP of the B's.

after the Rangers series they insisted on having Krug on the 2nd PP unit. Instead I would've preferred Chara playing less minutes on the PP,  not start on the 1st unit and play Krug more on PP.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Torey Krug is driving you nuts?

Four goals fueled a hype machine that we hadn't seen for a player in quite a while.

And for the rest of the playoffs?

He was gone.

Yes.  I hope he fixes the powerplay.  You know, without a good powerplay, this team is going nowhere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Still nothing on Rookie Camp?  All this Behind the B stuff is pretty poor methadone for those of us jonesing for a dose of hockey.

Are you not entertained?!?!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Is it bad that I just really don't care about crappy prospects?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You probably dont champion prospects as much others On BDC. You did like last Cunningham last season and he has progressed. 

Do you still have hope for Craig ? Or is he now Crap ? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

San

Even a big shiite starts out as a little Crap.  Prospects have a harder chance with cj, he will stop all creativity until u play his system and then some.  Whomever gets a chance will really have to know their D game.

GOAT!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Show me a coach who just throws his creative rookies out there to sink or swim and I'll show you the coach of a lottery team who won't be the coach for long.

CJ is not special in choosing his roster based on what he thinks will get him wins rather than which rookies he think are creative and fun to watch.  Can we just retire that whole line of argument?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I   It was not just the goals. It was the skill set he displayed, that got people excited.

Yes.  I hope he fixes the powerplay.  You know, without a good powerplay, this team is going nowhere.

[/QUOTE]

You said that, not me.

Sarcasm aside, not even you can think that this team would not  be even better, with a good powerplay.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Floridas, Dallas's and Islanders have too play prospects because they barely spend above the cap floor. They have no choice, Chiarelli and Julien have choices. 

How can you blame a small market teams coach ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Is it bad that I just really don't care about crappy prospects?

Sorry, I don't follow - don't you have Panthers season tickets?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You said that, not me.

Sarcasm aside, not even you can think that this team would not  be even better, with a good powerplay.

They recently won the Cup with a poor powerplay.

They recently were in Game 6 of the Cup Final with a poor powerplay.

It's more fun to watch when they score more goals, but I haven't seen one single item that suggests that a good powerplay translates into more success for this Bruins team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Sorry, I don't follow - don't you have Panthers season tickets?

I certainly do!

Kulikov, Gudbranson, Huberdeau, Shore, Petrovic, Howden, Bjugstad and Barkov.

Everyone else is just noise.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

They recently won the Cup with a poor powerplay.

They recently were in Game 6 of the Cup Final with a poor powerplay.

It's more fun to watch when they score more goals, but I haven't seen one single item that suggests that a good powerplay translates into more success for this Bruins team.

how would it hurt this team to have a good pp?

would a good pp make this team worse?

would a good pp be no fun to watch?

might a good pp let them win game 6?

would a good pp warm the cockells of the Badhab's heart?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

1.  how would it hurt this team to have a good pp?

2.  would a good pp make this team worse?

3.  would a good pp be no fun to watch?

4.  might a good pp let them win game 6?

5.  would a good pp warm the cockells of the Badhab's heart?

1.  Adding to the powerplay could take away from other facets that they do well.

2.  See #1.

3.  I stated that more goals would be more fun.

4.  See #1.

5.  Yes, but so would torching a restaurant with rude, dancing waiters, so the BHab's desires don't always translate into quality ideas.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

ok.  whatever.  the badhab is desperate for hockey news.  you're going to a rookie game today, right?  so how are you preparing?  when are you leaving?  when will you return?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

ok.  whatever.  the badhab is desperate for hockey news.  you're going to a rookie game today, right?  so how are you preparing?  when are you leaving?  when will you return?

I am going.  I am leaving my place around noon.  I'm bringing a notebook.  I'll be back later tonight as the 6pm game is Florida vs. Nashville.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I am going.  I am leaving my place around noon.  I'm bringing a notebook.  I'll be back later tonight as the 6pm game is Florida vs. Nashville.

ok, ok, now pretend to be Fluto and review some restaurant for me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Could you at least draw some pictures if you're not shooting video?  Like a court reporter.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The rink is about 40 minutes from here.  I want to leave now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Could you at least draw some pictures if you're not shooting video?  Like a court reporter.

I can't imagine any use of a video.  It won't be like my training camp videos from training camp 2010. 

I'll take a bunch of pictures, however.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What the hell?  Where is Fluto and the Dupont character?  Shouldn't they be treating this like it's a hockey game?  With projected lineups and starting goalies?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

ok, ok, now pretend to be Fluto and review some restaurant for me.

Now go get pizza!

(My favorite Bud Light commercial - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imv0g-4cycw

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The PP questions come down to "boy, I wish they had different personnel or played a different system."  If they had personnel more adept at the PP, they'd have a better PP regardless of who's diagramming it.  Four years straight of lousy PP tells me it's not just coaching.  If a better PP means personnel changes - probably in the top six, and probably at least one C - I'm not sure I care. 

That said, I'm not sure the PP won't be much better this year with Eriksson and Iginla.  Iginla's had double digit PPG 11 of the last 13 years (counting last year's 6 as 10 over 82 games), and he's never had fewer than 8.  Eriksson has a 10 PPG season to his credit, and, though he hasn't been a consistent PP triggerman, I think he has the skills for it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

The PP questions come down to "boy, I wish they had different personnel or played a different system."  If they had personnel more adept at the PP, they'd have a better PP regardless of who's diagramming it.  Four years straight of lousy PP tells me it's not just coaching.  If a better PP means personnel changes - probably in the top six, and probably at least one C - I'm not sure I care. 

That said, I'm not sure the PP won't be much better this year with Eriksson and Iginla.  Iginla's had double digit PPG 11 of the last 13 years (counting last year's 6 as 10 over 82 games), and he's never had fewer than 8.  Eriksson has a 10 PPG season to his credit, and, though he hasn't been a consistent PP triggerman, I think he has the skills for it.

I think they have the skills.  I think it's coaching.  Savard was just one guy and if my memory serves me right, their pp was decent with Sarvard.  And just one guy shouldn't make that big a difference.  Now their PP just doesn't look right, it looks like they are passing it for the sake of passing it.  Other teams look like they are setting up someone for a shot.

Anybody have any stats on when they pull their goalie?  It seems to me they play better 6 on 5 than they do 5 on 4.

Sections
Shortcuts