Rookie Selections

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Re: Rookie Selections

I am stunned that Marchand was not selected. Tell me if I am wrong, but isn't McQuaid technically a rookie too? I also wish that Kampfer had been up with the big club all season...he might have had a shot.
    When I look at it, I am amazed that the B's have four very solid rookies on the team. I cannot wait until the June draft to see the infusion of new talent and the movement of some former draft picks from juniors to the Providence B's roster next year...the future looks bright!
    Doc

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I am more stunned that Skinner made the all star team and Bergeron did not.  Then again the all star game is really nothing to speak of in any sport.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

popularity contest and name recognition

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

By the end of the season Marchand will be talked about in the Calder discussions although i doubt he gets it as Skinner is tearing it up

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Rookie Selections:
    I am more stunned that Skinner made the all star team and Bergeron did not.  Then again the all star game is really nothing to speak of in any sport.
    Posted by islamorada

The game is in Carolina right?McBain even got chosen for the rookies ahead of Marchand.It's just a marketing ploy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

marchand is a fine talented player but mcbain is a little better at this stage plus mcbain is american which makes him the better athlete than marchand lol.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Keep in mind, its an all start game, no offense to bergy, but shut down defense isnt high on the priorities list, niether are hits (lucic not even on the ballot)...

Marchand is having a good rookie season, and probably deserves to be there, but its a marketing ploy, and taylor/tyler is big news, is marchand a better rookie then seguin is a boston story..

I also do not think marchand will be in the calder discussion.. I think shattenkirk would be my odds on favorite at this point with skinner and couture..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i thought it was just for the skills comp. if thats the case than Seguin is the right choice. be fun to see him in the fastest skater comp or accuracy shooting etc.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

The All Star game is about marketing, and mostly marketing to the people who write checks to have their logo on the boards or sponsor powerplays. Seguin is still a "sexy" pick and that's why he's there. There are three or four other rookies who could or should be there.
    And I'm sure no one in the world was surprised when Staal was one of the captains. I was even less surprised when Lidstrom was the other and will be slightly surprised if he doesn't retire at the end of the year. 

In Response to Rookie Selections:
    Don't get me wrong I hope Seguin is the next stud of the NHL but how is he going to AllStar weekend and Marchand isn't?  BM is 8th in rookie scoring 13 12 25 +21 and leading the league in shorthanded goals with 4...TS is 17th in rookie scoring 7 9 16 +1.  Blows my mind....is this a high school popularity contest?  side note for what its worth - watching the mock all star draft on Vs overtime and someone named Phil was picked last LOL.
    Posted by JonnyRippit

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I like these selections: http://pucksage.com/?p=264 1 goalie, 1 dman (sorry KS) and three forwards.

In Response to Re: Rookie Selections:
    Keep in mind, its an all start game, no offense to bergy, but shut down defense isnt high on the priorities list, niether are hits (lucic not even on the ballot)... Marchand is having a good rookie season, and probably deserves to be there, but its a marketing ploy, and taylor/tyler is big news, is marchand a better rookie then seguin is a boston story.. I also do not think marchand will be in the calder discussion.. I think shattenkirk would be my odds on favorite at this point with skinner and couture..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Sections
Shortcuts