Round 1: 7th Player award

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Round 1: 7th Player award

Who performed above your expectation level Round1 for the B's?

For me it has to be Nathan Horton it doesnt get more clutch than a double OT goal and a game7 OT Series Clincher.

I felt like he was the hardest working member of the 1st line throughout the whole series and brought consistent physicality working over Gill game after game.

I give honorable mention to Chris Kelly and Mike Ryder.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Re: Round 1: 7th Player award

Chris Kelly, maybe Ference

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Yeah realized I forgot Ference right after I submitted that poll. Oh well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Michael Ryder with Chris Kelly second. Without his 1st goal and GW in game 4, the Bs go down 3-1.

7th player is someone that goes beyond expectations. Horton was brought in to score goals, would call him more of the MVP with Thomas. Without Ryder, the Bs don't win game 4 or 5 and Horton doesn't have the chance to win game 5.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

If Horton hadn't scored those 2 OT goals, I'd say he was pretty much invisible for the series.

TT made clutch saves....but you kind of expect ole TT to flop and kick at the right time.

So, for me it has to be Ryder. He really skated and was actually a force out there. Kelly has honourable mention, along with his line.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Round 1: 7th Player award:
    [QUOTE]Michael Ryder with Chris Kelly second. Without his 1st goal and GW in game 4, the Bs go down 3-1. 7th player is someone that goes beyond expectations. Horton was brought in to score goals, would call him more of the MVP with Thomas. Without Ryder, the Bs don't win game 4 or 5 and Horton doesn't have the chance to win game 5.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

I picked Horton because he played at the low end of what was considered acceptable for him all year. This was also his first ever playoff series and nobody knew how he would handle it. OT Game winner in Game7?? Thats a good start to a playoff career!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Kelly, who was brought in to shore up the third line but played like a first liner....

Marchand also stood out, but we've come to expect that of him....  the kid's a tazmanian devil....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Michael Ryder with Chris Kelly second. Without his 1st goal and GW in game 4, the Bs go down 3-1. 7th player is someone that goes beyond expectations. Horton was brought in to score goals, would call him more of the MVP with Thomas. Without Ryder, the Bs don't win game 4 or 5 and Horton doesn't have the chance to win game 5.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Ryder looked like a bum to me yesterday.  Stupid penalty, one giveaway and the laziness looks like it was back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Chris Kelly was an absolute monster. I think he put an end to the debate about whether he was worth that 2nd rounder. He scored clutch goals, always hustled, made smart plays, killed penalties, took faceoffs, set up Ryder's winner in game 4, did everything. He was our number 2 center, behind Bergeron, so he by far exceeded expectations.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Brad Marchand. I still have some ill will toward him from his days in Moncton and (especially) Val D'Or when I was involved with Lewiston, but he was a Class-A player in this series, and a true thorn in the Habs side.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Round 1: 7th Player award : Ryder looked like a bum to me yesterday.  Stupid penalty, one giveaway and the laziness looks like it was back.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but can you deny that he won 2 games for the Bruins when everyone expected him to be horribe? In yesterday's game, he did what you expected, no? And I didn't see the laziness as much as it looks like he's picked up his backcheck in the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Why is Peverly not on this list?  He's been fantastic and players harder than anyone in the Black and Gold.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Why is Peverly not on this list?  He's been fantastic and players harder than anyone in the Black and Gold.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I might as well of just listed "the third line" as a single entity.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Kelly.....

Ryder had his annual two good playoff games, now he can go back to sleep and count his millions....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I voted Kelly.  Ryder had his high points but there were oh, so many times when he'd race up ice with the puck and try to beat three or four guys.  Peverley too - too often his hockey sense ranks as clinical idiocy.  He'll fly around and even break down the defense with his skating and determination, but once he gets a sliver of net to shoot at, he puts his head down, drives in and shoots.  Doesn't matter if two guys are open in front.  Doesn't matter if it's a lousy angle.  Doesn't matter if a bad shot that Price can freeze breaks the momentum on the cycle.  Guy does some great stuff, and I'm glad they have him and not Wheeler, but man...get your head up!

Ference, though...maybe.  Most points for a D in the series with 4 - tied with Subban. Couple of brain cramps, sure, but only one bad one. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Round 1: 7th Player award:[QUOTE]Why is Peverly not on this list?  He's been fantastic and players harder than anyone in the Black and Gold. Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

My favorite of the series with whittle Brad a close second. Whatever advise Peverley got after after being waived a few years ago it worked. Rich was everywhere in this series. I lost count how many back pressure steals Rich had...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Ryder suprised me with his play. I know he usually plays well in the playoffs but he did better than I thought he would after such a poor showing in the regular season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I forgot to mention that Marchand's play was great and I thought that he was the 7th player for the playoffs.

I love his spark and hustle.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

I was impressed with Seidenberg. He played above my expectations.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

I think anyone that doesn't say Ference is wacko. He was SO good in this series. from a 3rd pairing to possibly our best d man. Logged huge minutes, played tough, got points, took shots. he was awesome