Round 1 player grades..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

Round 1 player grades..

Here are my Grades for the First series.

Rask A++

Defence ....Chara A- Boychuck  B+ Siedy B-  Ferrence C-  MacQuaid B-  Hamilton to early to grade, same with Bart.

Centre..... Campbell C+  Krejci A++  Bergy A++  Kelly C-  Peverly D+  Marchand C+  Seguin C+

LW....looch A-  Thorton C-  Paille C-

RW...Jagr C+ Horton B

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Round 1 player grades..

In response to Ramz's comment:

Rask A++

Defence ....Chara A- Boychuck  B+ Siedy B-  Ferrence C-  MacQuaid B-  Hamilton to early to grade, same with Bart.

Centre..... Campbell C+  Krejci A++  Bergy A++  Kelly C-  Peverly D+  Marchand C+  Seguin C+

RW...Jagr C+ Horton B

I thought Paille played well and that Thornton was brutal. Other than that I agree with your assessment 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Def: Chara - What's higher than an A+? Seidenberg B Ference B Boychuk C McQuaid B Redden A Hamilton B Bart A

Center: Krejci - A++++ Bergeron A Kelly C- Campbell C

LW: Lucic - A+++ Marchand - F Peverley - D+ Paille - B

RW: Horton - A- Seguin - D- Jagr - C+ Thornton B

Goaltending - A++

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Rask A++

RW...Jagr C+ Horton B

how on earth do you let seguin and marchand escape with C's

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Seguin didn't find the back of the net, but he played very well in all three zones.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Seguins play alone in front of the net last night when he got his skate on the puck to keep it there is worth a bump up of a grade. he had no chance of getting his stick on it, but didnt give up. he may not have scored, but he got his chances.

He is going to light up the Rangers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

Here's my grades:

Offense:

Horton-(A-), Krejci-(A+), Lucic-(A)

Marchand-(C-), Bergeron-(B-), Seguin-(C)

Jagr-(C), Kelly-(C-), Peverley-(C-)

Paille-(B-), Campbell-(C+), Thornton-(C-)

Defense:

Chara-(A-), Seidenberg-(B+)

Boychuck-(B), Ference-(C+)

McQuaid-(C), Redden-(C)

Goalie:

Rask-(A)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Seguins play alone in front of the net last night when he got his skate on the puck to keep it there is worth a bump up of a grade. he had no chance of getting his stick on it, but didnt give up. he may not have scored, but he got his chances.

The only reason Seguin is getting C's is due to the fact that he only registered one point. His job on that second line is to score goals, and he didn't do that. Once he actually starts burying his chances, then his grade will be much higher.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Chara A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++...for the love of Hockey Gods, how in the world does anyone give him anything less than A-PLUS OFF THE CHARTS..this guy continues to be the all-time workhorse...60 minutes over 2 nights...60 minutes of defence. I just laugh at how people marginalize Chara and expect him to be Superman and then when he is Superman it's still not good enough. Without him, there was no Cup, without him there is no Renaissance in B's hockey. Okay, I'm done ranting. 

Lucic A, Horton A, Krecji A+, Bergeron B (with A-plus in 7th game), Marchand D, Seguin D, Jagr C (sorry he did a lot more than Marchand and Seguin as far as making an effort to try to score or try to make a play even if he is slower than molasses), Kelly D, Peverly D, Paille B, Campbell B, Thornton B (for these guys, it's not about scoring at all, it's about forechecking and making an effort, and they all did that). Defense: Seidenberg B, Boychuk B+ (he gets a bad rap, but the reality is he blocked a ton of shots, and made some great plays that he never gets credit for), Ference B, McQuaid B, Bartkowski A, Hamilton B, Redden B. Rask A+++++

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Seguin didn't find the back of the net, but he played very well in all three zones.

My thoughts exactly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

This is spot on..We need Seguin to score and he is paid to score but there is more to his game than just putting the puck in the net.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Guess i watch a different game sometimes. Seguin played an all around game and made sure his defense was solid. He had some shots, but was not using his linemates as well as he has in the past. Chara is still a solid D, but, he is making more mistakes due to slower moves; holding the puck too long which slows the attack; screening Rask too much and not blocking the puck as much when screening, causing rebounds and scrambles netfront; making long passes that end up as icing. Others contribute to some of these mistakes by not being where he expects them to be, but, IMO Z is not as formidable, and the faster game is showing up his mistakes. Horton came through in the clutch as he has done before, but, overall he watched too much in most games. Looch came alive in the last three games, but usually in spurts; Marchand had to be hurting as his game wasn't there until the end; Boychuck is Boychuck; loves the rough and tumble, and then has a brain clamp. Jagr does have some prime skills like puck control[ mostly], but his style has not fit in well with the Bruins. just my observations and opinions

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Lucic (A+) Krejci (A) Horton (B+)

Marchand (B-) Bergeron (A-) Seguin (B-)

Peverly (D+) Kelly (C), Jagr (C-)

Thornton (B-) Campbell (B-) Paille (B)

Chara (A+) Seidenberg (B)

Boychuck (A-) Ference (B+)

McQuaid (B-) Hamilton (B+) Redden (A-) Bart (B+)

Rask (A)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Guess i watch a different game sometimes. Seguin played an all around game and made sure his defense was solid. He had some shots, but was not using his linemates as well as he has in the past. Chara is still a solid D, but, he is making more mistakes due to slower moves; holding the puck too long which slows the attack; screening Rask too much and not blocking the puck as much when screening, causing rebounds and scrambles netfront; making long passes that end up as icing. Others contribute to some of these mistakes by not being where he expects them to be, but, IMO Z is not as formidable, and the faster game is showing up his mistakes. Horton came through in the clutch as he has done before, but, overall he watched too much in most games. Looch came alive in the last three games, but usually in spurts; Marchand had to be hurting as his game wasn't there until the end; Boychuck is Boychuck; loves the rough and tumble, and then has a brain clamp. Jagr does have some prime skills like puck control[ mostly], but his style has not fit in well with the Bruins. just my observations and opinions

Chara is more than a solid D! I do agree that sometimes he holds the puck to long. There is not a better D man in the leage at stopping attacking forwards carrying the puck into the D-zone than Chara and more times than not he punishes them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I agree w/ all except Marchand, I would've given him a D. He was flat nonexistent during the series.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Def: Chara - A-, Seidenberg B, Ference B-, Boychuk B- McQuaid C, Redden B- Hamilton B- Bart B-

Center: Krejci - A- Bergeron B+ Kelly C- Campbell C+

LW: Lucic - B Marchand - D+ Peverley - D Paille - C+

RW: Horton - B Seguin - C+ Jagr - C- Thornton C

Rask - A-

I don't think one player earned an A.  I have three A- grades going to Krejci, Chara, and Rask.  I was somewhat hesitant even with those.  I did not weight my scores on expectations, meaning that McQuaid, Campbell and Paille would most likely have ceilings in the B+ range.

I did think Seguin played very well in the D-Zone and in the neutral zone.  I thinkhe is not currently on the same page offensively, therefore the C+.  Marchand avoided the F by showing up in Game 7.  Lucic and Horton both had A moments and long stretches of invisibility.  Krejci had more A moments and fewer disappearing acts and was probably the closest player in my mind to an A grade.  Chara was also close, but I did not think he 'shut anyone down', and at this point ANY penalty that he or Bergie takes is a TERRIBLE penalty.  The other guys can't handle there absence  on the PK.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Centre..... Campbell C+  Thorton C-  Paille C-

RW...Jagr C+ Horton B

I thought Paille played well and that Thornton was brutal. Other than that I agree with your assessment

To me though Dez, I kinda give the 4th line an "INC" because I don't expect much but when they do well it's a bonus. I remember when the 4th line was getting scored on and then the grade is not an incomplete it is just down right awful.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

Def: Chara - A-, Seidenberg B, Ference B-, Boychuk B- McQuaid C, Redden B- Hamilton B- Bart B-

Center: Krejci - A- Bergeron B+ Kelly C- Campbell C+

LW: Lucic - B Marchand - D+ Peverley - D Paille - C+

RW: Horton - B Seguin - C+ Jagr - C- Thornton C

Rask - A-

I don't think one player earned an A.  I have three A- grades going to Krejci, Chara, and Rask.  I was somewhat hesitant even with those.  I did not weight my scores on expectations, meaning that McQuaid, Campbell and Paille would most likely have ceilings in the B+ range.

I did think Seguin played very well in the D-Zone and in the neutral zone.  I thinkhe is not currently on the same page offensively, therefore the C+.  Marchand avoided the F by showing up in Game 7.  Lucic and Horton both had A moments and long stretches of invisibility.  Krejci had more A moments and fewer disappearing acts and was probably the closest player in my mind to an A grade.  Chara was also close, but I did not think he 'shut anyone down', and at this point ANY penalty that he or Bergie takes is a TERRIBLE penalty.  The other guys can't handle there absence  on the PK.

I'm going to try and say this nicely. How the HELL do you not give Krejci an A+? He's tied with Malkin for the lead in playoffs scoring with a game at hand. He's a +9 and the only person with a higher +/- is Horton at 11. He's second in goals scored. So are you going to complain about his sub .500 faceoff percentage? Seriously? Give me a break.

Krejci- A+

Lucic- A

Horton- A-

Bergeron- B+

Seguin- C-

Marchand- C

Jagr- B

Kelly/Peverley- D+/C-

Campbell/Paille/Thorton- B

Chara- A Seidenberg- B Redden- B Ference- C+ McQuaid- C+ Boychuck- B

Rask- A

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

That's what 2nd overall picks are suppose to do.  We'll see though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Not all second rounders are created equal......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I agree for the most part.  I gave the forth line a little higher marks because I think they mostly outplayed the Leafs fourth line and did their job well as far as hitting and keeping the puck in the offensive zone.

Rask A

Defence ....Chara A Boychuck  B Siedy B-  Ferrence C  MacQuaid C 

Centre..... Campbell B  Krejci A  Bergy B (Game 7 A+)  Kelly C-  Peverly D+  Marchand C+  Seguin C+

LW....Looch B+ (Game 7 A++) Thorton B  Paille B+

RW...Jagr C+ Horton B

Rask A++

RW...Jagr C+ Horton B

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

I agree for the most part.  I gave the forth line a little higher marks because I think they mostly outplayed the Leafs fourth line and did their job well as far as hitting and keeping the puck in the offensive zone.

Rask A

Centre..... Campbell B  Krejci A  Bergy B (Game 7 A+)  Kelly C-  Peverly D+  Marchand C+  Seguin C+

RW...Jagr C+ Horton B

Pretty high marks for a team that played like scared little kittens with panties turning brown.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Well, if that's the case, most 2nd overall picks are disappointments.

Seguin, Hedman, Doughty, VanRiemsdyk, Jordan Staal, Bobby Ryan, Malkin, Eric Staal, Lehtonen, Spezza, Heatley, Dan Sedin, Legwand, Marleau, Zyuzin, Redden, Tverdovsky, Pronger, Yashin, Fat Balloon, Nedved, Chyzowski, Linden, Shanahan, Carson, Simpson, Muller, Sylvain Turgeon...

Players in bold are or were capable of lighting up the opponent.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Yes they played very nervous at times.  You don't agree NAS?  Also, if you read all my posts you would see that my problem was mostly with Marchand, Seguin, Peverly, Kelly and Juliene.... So grow up already.

For the record, I really believe the Leafs had the better of the play for the most part of the series.  We got the more the timely scoring and better goaltending. Thats my opinion.

In response to mattbs' comment:

Rask A

RW...Jagr C+ Horton B

Pretty high marks for a team that played like scared little kittens with panties turning brown.