Round 2 preview Bruins vs. Flyers lets go over this matchup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Round 2 preview Bruins vs. Flyers lets go over this matchup

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=561325

Yes last night was euphoric and a pleasure of a hockey game but it is time to move on n start thinking about those Flyers. I like the matchups with the rest of the participants in the East for the Bruins.

Boston's 3rd line really clicking now PC looking like a genious with Kelly and Peverley skating now in Julien's system, so far anyways.

Our shutdown defenders Seides and Chara versus Bruin killer midget Briere's line. It will be a challenge because Hartnell will hack Zdeno on the back of the leg three time the amount Cammalleri and Gionta did trying to draw penalties.

Goaltending edge obvious Boston needs to put the puck on the net and often.

Kaberle and McQuaid pairing a concern for me I put my head in my hands to watch through my fingers when they are on the ice together. They need to be split up or must keep their minutes down. 

Special Teams: PK no problem with it they have been great, will be great. Our Powerplay meh Geoff Ward isn't going anywhere. My suggestion is Boychuk, Kaberle, Peverley, Bergeron and Marchand on the 1st unit. Peverley, Marchand and Patrice have been the most confident with the puck with defenders draped all over them this would bode well when setting up Johhny B n Bergeron up for onetimers.

Last but not least head up Mr. Krejci head up Richards has been throwing elbows and getting away with it the league won't protect you!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Re: Round 2 preview Bruins vs. Flyers lets go over this matchup

Well B's have the better goalie and more depth
    Bruins in six

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Round 2 preview Bruins vs. Flyers lets go over this matchup:
    [QUOTE]                 http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=561325 Yes last night was euphoric and a pleasure of a hockey game but it is time to move on n start thinking about those Flyers. I like the matchups with the rest of the participants in the East for the Bruins. Boston's 3rd line really clicking now PC looking like a genious with Kelly and Peverley skating now in Julien's system, so far anyways. Our shutdown defenders Seides and Chara versus Bruin killer midget Briere's line. It will be a challenge because Hartnell will hack Zdeno on the back of the leg three time the amount Cammalleri and Gionta did trying to draw penalties. Goaltending edge obvious Boston needs to put the puck on the net and often. Kaberle and McQuaid pairing a concern for me I put my head in my hands to watch through my fingers when they are on the ice together. They need to be split up or must keep their minutes down.  Special Teams: PK no problem with it they have been great, will be great. Our Powerplay meh Geoff Ward isn't going anywhere. My suggestion is Boychuk, Kaberle, Peverley, Bergeron and Marchand on the 1st unit. Peverley, Marchand and Patrice have been the most confident with the puck with defenders draped all over them this would bode well when setting up Johhny B n Bergeron up for onetimers. Last but not least head up Mr. Krejci head up Richards has been throwing elbows and getting away with it the league won't protect you!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Nice breakdown, Dawg.  I hope the Bruins go in with the knowledge and experience learned from last spring.  Like others, the powerplay is what concerns me most. 

It was a different era back in the 70s but when Espo took up residence in the slot, he was hell to move.  Everyone knows he scored tons of goals from that area.  Chara's bigger, stronger.  Why not try him there?  Just off the paint. 

Julien and staff must know they're rolling the dice big time expecting to court success without taking advantage of the extra man somewhere down the road.  Do they have anything to lose at this point?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Season series went 3-1 in Bruins favour.. So I predict a 5 or 6 game series for Boston.  Big hurt for Philly is losing Jeff Carter , and Pronger not 100%.. If you saw the Buffalo series, 3 goaltender changes and now its by committee, big advantage for the B's.. They will score , make no mistake.. I am expecting a much better effort from our first line than this past series.. If that happens and the other 3 lines play the way they have been .. Bruins should take the series..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

I say , bruins will win. little pay back from last year. It won't be easy that for sure. So i say bruins in in 6 or 7 games. Go bruins.

I hope this is the series where the power play will come through and every thing start to click.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

LOL.

By no means am I trying to say Boucher is better than Thomas, but this whole Philly goalie carousel is blown way out of proportion. Boucher has better stats than Thomas.

Here are the stats for the Playoffs so far:
    Boucher- .934 SVPCT%, 2.10 GAA, 4-1, 0 shutouts
    Thomas- .926 SVPCT%, 2.25 GAA, 4-3, 0 shutouts

I love Peter Laviolette and I think he's a tremendous coach, but every coach makes bad decisions and has flaws. I think he handled the goalie situation very poorly. Leighton had zero Buisness starting game 6. Boucher had 1 bad period (1st period of gm 5) and lost his starting job. If Lavy would stop messing with the goalies head and not take away Boucher's job after every goal, this "carousel" wouldnt be happening.

I also think whoever said the Bruins have more depth is wrong.

Flyers had eight 15 goal scorers compared to the Bruins five.

Flyers had six 20 goal scorers compared to the Bruins four

Flyers had two 30 goal scorers compared to the Bruins one.

Claude Giroux /> David Krejci
    Danny Briere /> Patrice Bergeron
    Mike Richards /> Chris Kelly
    Greg Campbell /> Blair Betts

Consider that with getting Pronger back and Carter returning sometime around game 4, I think it is reasonable to have the Bruins as underdogs. But remember, thats why they play the games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Orange, You're referring to regular season stats for offense where the Bruins dominated the season series so I don't see how that is relevant ?

Blair Betts, Giroux, Powe, Versteeg, Zherdev, Richards and Hartnell all have played 7 games in the playoffs but have 3 goals between them all so those 15 goal scorers didn't really come into play eh ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Philly has better skaters but Boston has better goaltending.  The defensive system will need to be executed near-flawlessly and TT's gonna have to have a career series.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

SanDog, the McQuaid/Kaberle comment was interesting for I swear Boychuk was usually skating backwards.  Ference had to work extraordinarily to move the puck out of the defensive zone with Boychuk's play.  I have predicted the Bs in 7, it was with the heart though.  Philly does have better forwards, their defense is a match, but I truly believe the goaltending will be the factor for the Bs.  Why? I instinctively believe the Bs have the fortune of being eliminated last year with the injury excuse.  I know I am on record for not using that as a crutch for losing, but it is a motivation to win when the media makes statistical judgements using the words like "historic" or "epic" and the players view those remarks as insulting.  Thomas is in net not Rask who was noticeable tired in the second round last year.  Oh well, I am being a real homer here!  Go Bruins!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I think the B's have been hoping for this revenge matchup! The ONLY reason Philly advanced past Buffalo is because Miller wasn't Miller! TT has had some of his best games against Philly! Looking forward to this 6 or 7 gamer! I honestly have no idea who will win. Two things that go in Philly's favor. Their big guns are playing like big guns. Boston's #1 line as a whole has played like garbage! The other thing is Philly's pp has been working & Boston's is getting worse as they move along. If they don't try moving Z to the front of the net I don't see much improvement. Philly is pretty close to being the least disiplined team in the league! Boston is the best 5 on 5! What's going to prevent the Carcillo's & Hartnell's from acting like the goons they are? The Bruins PP certainly isn't. I think this series will be all up to TT!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

In Response to Re: Round 2 preview Bruins vs. Flyers lets go over this matchup:
    [QUOTE]I think the B's have been hoping for this revenge matchup! The ONLY reason Philly advanced past Buffalo is because Miller wasn't Miller! TT has had some of his best games against Philly! Looking forward to this 6 or 7 gamer! I honestly have no idea who will win. Two things that go in Philly's favor. Their big guns are playing like big guns. Boston's #1 line as a whole has played like garbage! The other thing is Philly's pp has been working & Boston's is getting worse as they move along. If they don't try moving Z to the front of the net I don't see much improvement. Philly is pretty close to being the least disiplined team in the league! Boston is the best 5 on 5! What's going to prevent the Carcillo's & Hartnell's from acting like the goons they are? The Bruins PP certainly isn't. I think this series will be all up to TT!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    LOL did you even watch any games that series??? It was more like "Miller was the ONLY reason Philly didnt sweep or win in 5 games"

The flyers dominated buffalo for a good majority of the series. Not millers fault that Buffalo decided not to show up for game 7

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

[QUOTE]Orange, You're referring to regular season stats for offense where the Bruins dominated the season series so I don't see how that is relevant ? Blair Betts, Giroux, Powe, Versteeg, Zherdev, Richards and Hartnell all have played 7 games in the playoffs but have 3 goals between them all so those 15 goal scorers didn't really come into play eh ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    So by that logic, Boucher is currently a better goalie than TT because Boucher has better numbers in the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Round 2 preview Bruins vs. Flyers lets go over this matchup : Not millers fault that Buffalo decided not to show up for game 7
    Posted by orangecrush28[/QUOTE]

Buffalo didn't show up for game 7 or were they out becuase Richards is a headhunter ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FS3xMoEFJU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wRMsNCUlHQ

Oh yah I forgot to mention Boucher never won a Vezina or two but I would have thought you knew about that already so by that stat...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Round 2 preview Bruins vs. Flyers lets go over this matchup : So by that logic, Boucher is currently a better goalie than TT because Boucher has better numbers in the playoffs.

yup and peverly is way more of a scorer than richards!...lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Round 2 preview Bruins vs. Flyers lets go over this matchup : LOL did you even watch any games that series??? It was more like "Miller was the ONLY reason Philly didnt sweep or win in 5 games" The flyers dominated buffalo for a good majority of the series. Not millers fault that Buffalo decided not to show up for game 7

For the series as a whole Miller wasn't Miller! & if you try to say he was then you're knowledge of what Miller can bring is NOTHING!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Round 2 preview Bruins vs. Flyers lets go over this matchup : So by that logic, Boucher is currently a better goalie than TT because Boucher has better numbers in the playoffs.

You making this sort of comment just threw out any creditbility you MAY have had out the window! You know that's not Sandogs logic at all!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

1st line will have a better matchup, Horton head to head with smaller and injured Pronger over Gill, Luc head to head with anyone is better than PK in his head last series.

Penalties will not be in Bos favour, but far easier to take as it should be more even than farce with habnots.

Entire team will not fear media, fans or reffing deciding how physical they will be allowed to play.

This should be a better series for Bos, ref focus should be on Encarcillo, Thorn may actually be able to hit the bigger slower fillies.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]LOL. By no means am I trying to say Boucher is better than Thomas, but this whole Philly goalie carousel is blown way out of proportion. Boucher has better stats than Thomas. Here are the stats for the Playoffs so far: Boucher- .934 SVPCT%, 2.10 GAA, 4-1, 0 shutouts Thomas- .926 SVPCT%, 2.25 GAA, 4-3, 0 shutouts I love Peter Laviolette and I think he's a tremendous coach, but every coach makes bad decisions and has flaws. I think he handled the goalie situation very poorly. Leighton had zero Buisness starting game 6. Boucher had 1 bad period (1st period of gm 5) and lost his starting job. If Lavy would stop messing with the goalies head and not take away Boucher's job after every goal, this "carousel" wouldnt be happening. I also think whoever said the Bruins have more depth is wrong. Flyers had eight 15 goal scorers compared to the Bruins five. Flyers had six 20 goal scorers compared to the Bruins four Flyers had two 30 goal scorers compared to the Bruins one. Claude Giroux /> David Krejci Danny Briere /> Patrice Bergeron Mike Richards /> Chris Kelly Greg Campbell /> Blair Betts Consider that with getting Pronger back and Carter returning sometime around game 4, I think it is reasonable to have the Bruins as underdogs. But remember, thats why they play the games.

Good Lord, here we have a Flyers fan talking sensibly and making some good points.

Meanwhile we have nutcase trolls who allege themselves to be Bruins fans (sometimes, sometimes not depending on which schizo personality is in charge that minute).

What is the world coming to?

Anyways, back to hockey.

Habs Bruins - lookit the Habs numbers this year, not as good as the Bruins.
    But - the Habs did have speed which they took to their advantage.

I like the way the Flyers and Bruins match up, the Bruins might even be a bit faster, but Recchi brings that average way down.  As a matter of fact his speed generally ranks negative so we have to discount him.

There is pretty good parity here, as a homer I like this matchup better than I do the Habs.

Of course like everything else, everything has been going opposite of the way I think it should, but I expect tight checking and low scoring and very physical.

Now watch no one take a penalty and the scores will be like 8-6.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Add                                                   Gone or out
    Krej Hort                                         Sav  15:53  -1    Satan  17:01  0000
    March                                              Sob  16:37    0000
    Pev Kelly                                         Wheel  13:22  00    Begin  9:01  -1
    Camp                                               Whitf   6:15    -1
    Seg

Seid                                                 Wideman 26:58  1A    -1
    McQ                                                  Stuart   19:43            -1
    Kab                                                   Hunwick   14:37       -1

TT      

Phi from last game                          Replaced
    Krajicek  8:10  +2                                     O'Donnell
    Gagne    19:57  1G                                   Versteeg
    Nodl       6:09    -1                                    Zherdev
    Parent    2:21    +1                                   Syvret
    Asham    12:29     0                                    Meszaros

The B's have a def team upgrade,  Gagne is a big loss not replaced by Versteeg.  Flyers dressed 7 D last game (Buf) just in case Prong goes down, could be a factor in series as well.

clod has been seen around Pc's office trying to get Whit dressed tho.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Round 2 preview Bruins vs. Flyers lets go over this matchup : You making this sort of comment just threw out any creditbility you MAY have had out the window! You know that's not Sandogs logic at all!
    How? I dont think Boucher is a better goalie than TT. Thats obviously absurd. I was brining up how the Flyers depth compares to the Bruins. I pointed out stats from the regular season. He threw them out the window because their depth players havent scored as much in the playoffs, thus their current stats arent as good as the bruins depth players, thus implying that Boston has better depth.

By that logic, which is deciding who is better by who has played the best in the playoffs thus far, you could say that BB is a better goalie than TT.

Of course TT is better- Boucher having better playoff stats doesnt put him above Thomas

I think the Flyers depth is better- Boston's depth players having a better playoffs thus far doesnt put them above the flyers depth players.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Round 2 preview Bruins vs. Flyers lets go over this matchup : For the series as a whole Miller wasn't Miller! & if you try to say he was then you're knowledge of what Miller can bring is NOTHING!

Miller has a concussion.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Round 2 preview Bruins vs. Flyers lets go over this matchup : For the series as a whole Miller wasn't Miller! & if you try to say he was then you're knowledge of what Miller can bring is NOTHING!
    The series as a whole? He had not one, but TWO shutouts in which his team only gave him 1 goal in support. I watched all 7 games. The flyers were the better team. Just because Miller didnt steal the series doesnt mean he wasnt himself.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Agree with everything Orange said..will be a great series.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Aren't Bruins 7-0-1 or something in Philly last 2 regular seasons? They should be able to win 1 or 2 in Philly, as they did in Mtl. And wrap it up at home in Game 6.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Round 2 preview Bruins vs. Flyers lets go over this matchup : The series as a whole? He had not one, but TWO shutouts in which his team only gave him 1 goal in support. I watched all 7 games. The flyers were the better team. Just because Miller didnt steal the series doesnt mean he wasnt himself.

Yes it does! He's one of the best in the world if not the best! What about game 2 & the goals he allowed? Ryan Miller wasn't the Ryan Miller he's capable of. If he was Philly would be calling joining Montreal on the greens!