Round 2 preview Bruins vs. Flyers lets go over this matchup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Re: Round 2 preview Bruins vs. Flyers lets go over this matchup

In Response to Re: Round 2 preview Bruins vs. Flyers lets go over this matchup:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Round 2 preview Bruins vs. Flyers lets go over this matchup : RHO I would agree with the last sentence, but, if the Bs are fortunate enough to beat Philly, I'd rather not have Philly media say it was because Pronger did not play.  Just like Montreal, bring it on, and either move on to the next round or ....... I think I had to say that to myself more than you.  Hahaha
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

The Bruins are missing Savard.   Everyone has Injuries at some point, ad I'm sure the Bruins will have a couple more by the end of the series courtesy of Mike Richards and all the goons on the Flyers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from polishprince19. Show polishprince19's posts

My head tells me flyers,but I have a feeling Bruins are gonna get it done. Our big advantage is in net and I feel like TT is gonna steal a few. Bruins in 6

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]They have a little too much offensive firepower. Every player on their 1st 3 lines has either scored 20+ goals this year or has consistently scored 20+ over their careers (with exception of JVR...but he's progressed from year to year and can be dangerous).
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

the flyers have scored 259 goals this year compared to the bruins' 246.  our firepower is more than adequate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

[QUOTE]What I love about BOS-PHI is that it looks to be an HONEST series. Don't expect much diving, flopping, calling out Refs, dumb penalties and marginal calls. When two teams can match up physically, it allows the Refs to let them play. Not to be cliché, but it'll come down to execution. Both teams will get scoring chances. Both goalies will make huge saves. So who will bury their scoring opportunities? More importantly, which team has forwards that can CREATE their own chances and take something the other team isn't easily giving? Philly's forwards know how to put the puck in the net when the play isn't ideal. Not convinced that the Bruins can. It's why that Game 7 Kelly goal was so big in my mind. He MADE that opportunity, it wasn't a gift, and buried his shot. It was rare to see, and they'll need to do more of that to get to Round 3.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Yep, an honest physical series. That about sums it up. Hope the Habs send a few scouts to take notes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE]What I love about BOS-PHI is that it looks to be an HONEST series. Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

It will be an honest series until it isnt. Then it will turn very ugly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Round 2 preview Bruins vs. Flyers lets go over this matchup : the flyers have scored 259 goals this year compared to the bruins' 246.  our firepower is more than adequate.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    I'd take any of their 1st 3 lines over ours, without any question.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]A little more general but my view is that after the way the Bruins played in the third period game 6 loss to Montreal, I came away thinking they could win the Cup. I say this because despite not scoring the tying goal, they demonstrated the will to win, the ability to turn a switch and not just outplay the other team, but take the game into their own hands. Championship mettle. So, I think the Bruins are likely to beat Philly. I went to one Stanely Cup final game in my life, and that was Bruins-Flyers 1974 Game 1 win by the Bruins, in a Series the Flyers ultimately won in six games. And, Bobby Clarke and his Broad Street bullies did to the Bruins in that series, what I think this Bruins team is showing it is capable of doing going forward; will its way to winning, and take the game into their hands to win.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]
    Bumping my post from April saying I saw something in game 6 with Montreal that showed me this Bruins team can win it all. Still believe that even though game 5 with Van was lacking.
    I look for a very physical game Monday night from the Bs; no backing down from Van cheap shots, some figthts instead. But more important, the Bruins offense comes best after beating opposing defensemen silly in the corners; that's were Lucic, Kelly, Bergeron, Marchand, Rechi, Thorton, come in.
    The Bruins win if they get back in touch with "big and bad" this team really is "Tim Thomas and the big bad Bruins." If they bring that, they can win the Cup; they're better than Vancouver.

Sections
Shortcuts