Round 2 String

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Round 2 String

Pick #40 - www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2011/06/bruins_kick_off_2.html">Alexander Khokhlachev I have never heard of him. Has anyone seen him play and have an opinion?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Round 2 String

In Response to Round 2 String:
    Pick #40 - www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2011/06/bruins_kick_off_2.html " /> Alexander Khokhlachev I have never heard of him. Has anyone seen him play and have an opinion?
    Posted by TomOBrien

Other than he was ranked 29th ....wich looks good for the B'S
    Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

He's a russian....bout time we draft a Russian

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/11716/beyond_tomorrow_alexander_khokhlachev/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Going to be Seguin's wingman in the near future. I look forward to seeing him in B's brown and Gold. Steal of the draft.

Seems the B's always do well with their Second rounders (still not sold on Knight though).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Good read....Sure hope he develops like the read says and that he wants to come across "the pond" to play in the NHL. PC could have found a diamond in the coal pile.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Round 2 String:
    Good read....Sure hope he develops like the read says and that he wants to come across "the pond" to play in the NHL. PC could have found a diamond in the coal pile.
    Posted by Stuke50

Stuke, that article is a few years old, he already is across the pond:

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2011/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Alexander-Khokhlachev

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Get this kid in the gym and give him some time to get bigger, stronger, quicker.
    He is only 17 and put up some incredible numbers in the O.

He looks a little like Phil Kessel talent wise, but just a little nastier and tougher.

Sorry Phil.

Great Pick Bruins..now lets give this kid some love.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from myoung125. Show myoung125's posts

Anthony Camara is no joke. B's definitely going with the Grit picks!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Anthony Camara is no joke. B's definitely going with the Grit picks!!!
    Posted by myoung125

No joke but no skill. We already have one of these in Providence, no need to waste a third rounder on such a limited skill set. Even Brian McGratton scored 20 in junior....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

central scouting had Camara ranked 78th....

must have some upside....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Round 2 String : Stuke, that article is a few years old, he already is across the pond: http://www.mynhldraft.com/2011/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Alexander-Khokhlachev
    Posted by jmwalters

Nice to see how young he is. If he was born 6 days later he likely would've been next year's #1.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Round 2 String : Nice to see how young he is. If he was born 6 days later he likely would've been next year's #1.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Same with Camera. I am now thinking PC is drafting younger players to feed the pipeline further down the road.

Starting to make sense....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Camara is 17 yr old baby.
    Lets wait till he's at least 18/19 before throwing the book at him

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

In Response to Re: Round 2 String : Nice to see how young he is. If he was born 6 days later he likely would've been next year's #1.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Absolutely

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

central scouting had Camara ranked 78th.... must have some upside....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

Now that I look at it I think the upside is that he is still 17 so he still has plenty of room for development at the Junior level. Next year likely will determine just how much upside he really has....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Alexander Khokhlachev had 4 goal game in January.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkhUgKu8ieo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Khokhlachev has terrific skills and instincts for his age,really for any draft eligibleplayer this year.Has the makings to be a top fight goal scorer at center of left wing(he shoots left handed)and is more than a one way player,he will play defense and is tough for a 17 year old.He,like their third rounde Camara,has confidence and has a good work ethic according to his coaches.A first or second line center or left winger in 2-3 years.I truly believe the B's first two picks were excelent>someone said Camara is to replae Thornton is 2-3 years and that may well be the case.His coach disagrees with those who say his skill level isn't NHL calibre and feel he'll not only bring grit but reasonable offensive talent.We'll see but again they got blind lucky to get Hamilton and fortunate on the second as well.The pipeline already beefed up with talent.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Drafting a 17 year-old Russian under 6 ft. in the 2nd round is a huge risk. This hardly ever works out. There's not a shot in h3ll he'll be on this team in 3 years, I'm just saying. ;)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

44. ALEXANDER KHOKHLACHEV

Made a smooth transition to the OHL, leading all draft eligible rookies with 34 goals and 76 points, and then topping all rookies in playoff scoring with 20 points. Finished second in scoring at 2010 U-17's with 13 points in six games. Strengths - He's gritty, he's a smaller guy, but smart and he gets dirty. already plays a North-American style, one of the draft's younger players with early September birthday. Hustles at both ends, has good anticipation. Quick, accurate release. Weaknesses - Skating is average for a 5-10 prospect, skill is okay but not elite, gets most of his points through hard work and hustle. Needs to be more consistent. He's Russian and could always disappear in a year or two. NHL Upside - With improved skating, second or third-line center.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Thx for the links! Looks like he might have a lot of potential.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

"Every day hockey," he said. "I love to go to practice, go training. It's very interesting just go to the rink every day for practice or for training for your work. It's why I dream to play in the NHL. This is my life. I just breathe hockey."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rinkratpicks. Show rinkratpicks's posts

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/40938-Fantasy-Pool-Look-Favorite-draft-forwards.html

Fantasy Pool Look: Favorite draft forwards

7. Alexander Khokhlachev

Because: He’s this year’s Vladimir Tarasenko. If his name was Joe Smith from Canada and there was no Kontinental League threat, I would have him third on this list.

Team thoughts: I would love to see Washington or Pittsburgh nab him. The Caps are already solid with Russian prospects and I think that helps their reputation in Russia, which in turn encourages those players to come over. He would, of course, need to convert to the wing, though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

This kid might end up being PC's best pick yet that wasn't a no brainer, i.e. Seguin and Hamilton. Most mock drafts on the web had him between 15-30. Great pick!  

Sections
Shortcuts