Round 3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Round 3

I know I'm getting way ahead of myself here but if/when the Bruins knock off the Rangers am I the only one that hopes they play the Pens and not the Sens?  Anderson scares me and can steal a series.  Pittsburgh looked ordinary against NYI and if we can stay physical and limit the point production of Crosby/Malkin I think we can eploit Pittsburghs goaltending.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

Re: Round 3

You're right, you are getting ahead of yourself.

And the sens would be the better matchup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

The Sens have scared me from the start. Pens more talent, Sens more grit and better goaltending. A toss up in my books. I hope they go 7. Slight edge to preferring the Sens

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I'm confident that CJ will have them ready for whoever the opponents may be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Pens, have everything except possibly goaltending, they have top line talent, size & toughness, grit & playoff experience and they are decent defensivly

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Both teams have good and bad.

The Sens have a huge edge in goal.

The Penguins have a huge edge in firepower.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I wave the white flag for the Pens.  They have a ton of firepower and I think they're going to the finals even if they had Blane Lacher in goal.  Bruins have done awesome and gave me much joy with that Leafs 7th game.  I just look for them to play well against the Pens, that would be fine by me.  I can't even consider beating the Pens, just was too much to hope for.  It would be awersome if it happened.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I wave the white flag for the Pens.  They have a ton of firepower and I think they're going to the finals even if they had Blane Lacher in goal.  Bruins have done awesome and gave me much joy with that Leafs 7th game.  I just look for them to play well against the Pens, that would be fine by me.  I can't even consider beating the Pens, just was too much to hope for.  It would be awersome if it happened.

How did you feel facing the Canucks in 2011? It can happen. Keep the faith .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Wow, BadHab, that's very defeatist of you.

I give the Pens the edge but I don't think it would be a 10-1 shot. More like a 7-5 favorite to me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

At the beginning of the season my hope was they'd get to the Conference Final - 1 more win and they'll have accomplished that. But I'm not about to wave the white flag to the Pens. I still actually think Ottawa will win the series. If that's the case, we could be in for a goaltending duel.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to red75's comment:

At the beginning of the season my hope was they'd get to the Conference Final - 1 more win and they'll have accomplished that. But I'm not about to wave the white flag to the Pens. I still actually think Ottawa will win the series. If that's the case, we could be in for a goaltending duel.

Very reminicsent of 2011...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And as for the Pens fire power - well it could be something of a shootout. B's pushing them to the perimeter and letting them fire away with the low percentage shots while relying on Rask to steer them away, while putting as much pressure on Fleury/Vokoun as possible and pressing their weakness in the crease.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Crosby, Malkin, and most of the Pens have never faced a beast like Chara in a best of 7. I like the Bruins chances against anyone in a 7 game series provided they're healthy enough to keep rolling 4 lines. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

You mean with Roloson outplaying the Pens enough for Tampa to get out the second and then squaring off against Thomas in the thrid round? Yeah, I can see Anderson playing that role this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Wow, BadHab, that's very defeatist of you.

I give the Pens the edge but I don't think it would be a 10-1 shot. More like a 7-5 favorite to me.

I'm just being realistic.  They've done a great job and will probably do a great job against the Pens.  But if they are in a 7th game vs. the Pens and are in OT every time Crosby touches the puck I'll wet myself.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

You mean with Roloson outplaying the Pens enough for Tampa to get out the second and then squaring off against Thomas in the thrid round? Yeah, I can see Anderson playing that role this year.

Exactly what I meant. If we get the Penguins it's like the Lightning minus the goalie (St. Louis, Stamkos, Lecavalier, etc.). If we get the Sens it's like Roloson minus some firepower, although they have Spezza back now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Badhab, I admire your honesty. I've felt the same way about Pittsburgh since they won their Cup in 2009. However, the playoffs are a lot about momentum, and the Bruins this year, much like 2011, seem to be gaining it. Such teams are the most dangerous in my mind.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I felt the Kings had tons of momentum going into the SJ series and they seem to have lost their way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I dont wanna think about round 3 until rnd 2 is over, i feared the Bs playing the rangers in the 1st and man against toronto was scary and now look, my fears are all gone in this series.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

I dont wanna think about round 3 until rnd 2 is over, i feared the Bs playing the rangers in the 1st and man against toronto was scary and now look, my fears are all gone in this series.

whaaaa?  They're up 3 games to none.  What could possibly go wrong?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

hopefully we can restart this conversation tomorrow then.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

BH- They could fold up and collapse like a house of cards. I don't think they will and fully believe the series will not make it past 5 games at this point, but I don't want to count the chickens til they hatch.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

BH- They could fold up and collapse like a house of cards. I don't think they will and fully believe the series will not make it past 5 games at this point, but I don't want to count the chickens til they hatch.

3 games to none, but it's only happened a few times in NHL history.  It happened once recently, can't remember who.

Or up 3 games to 1...  Trust me, nothing can go wrong.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Closet habs fan!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Closet habs fan!

WOW, serious allegation