RUFF

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Re: RUFF

Never been a big fan of CJ. He has won a cup here - and he was behind the bench for the most embarrassing moment in Bruins' history (no, not too many men on the ice).
    He's loyal to a fault - that is, of course, if you're a veteran or an old buddy/incompetent assistant coach (the Bruins powerplay problems border on the bizarre). Young scorers like Kessel or Seguin never saw much of this loyalty, and this is where my issues with CJ start: I might be able to ignore most of his coaching flaws, but I really detest bias and preferential treatment towards his players/assistant coaches. You want to run a tight ship, you have to at least try to treat everybody the same way. CJ has a thing for grinders like Campbell, but a mild dislike for scoring talent like Seguin (and I could never understand what made him stick with Ryder for so long), and it shows. Now he doesn't seem to know what to do with Jagr, a supremely talented player (who admittedly can be a moody diva at times). So the Bruins cannot compete with a more-open/run-and-gun system because they lack speed at the back end? I think that speedy d-men would not be able to play up to their full potential in Julien's system, and that's why the Bruins never go after one of them. The team's structure has been built to Julien's liking, and we will see more of the same old same old as long as CJ remains at the helm.
    Now is CJ really going to get fired if the Bruins exit in round one or two? I would highly doubt it, as even the small sample of opinions on this board suggests that a lot of people are okay with trailing the Habs for the division lead, as long as the team simply makes the playoffs, plus the Bruins have won the cup just two years ago, and so forth. Therefore, PC will not replace Julien, least of all with Ruff who was a good fit for the Sabres as long as they had a roster full of mediocre players and overachievers before things got bad for them with the acquisition of busts like Ehrhoff and Leino. I really don't think Ruff could handle a team that had won the cup just a couple of years before.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The puck hasn't been dropped in the first playoff game and already this stuff has surfaced.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

The puck hasn't been dropped in the first playoff game and already this stuff has surfaced.

Facts are facts a great d coach no doubt about it, mindboggling in the rest of the game at times.  The talent is there for a serious run, we will see how it pans out.  I will watch every second I can, with frustations of course, but I will enjoy being in every game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Old Lindy would probably create a user name on here and join the masses for the b*tch fest that seems to occur on here after every loss.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Old Lindy would probably create a user name on here and join the masses for the b*tch fest that seems to occur on here after every loss.

What do you mean "probably"? Seems to me we just found out who Brunod is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to red75's comment:

Laviolette would be my choice as well, assuming that he becomes available. I can't see CJ surviving another first, or maybe second, round exit.  

I think Bylsma's in a lot greater danger of being fired than CJ in the event of an early round exit.  With the strength of that team in the last three years he's gone out in the second and then out back to back in the first - a third straight first round exit or even another second rund bow out, I doubt he's there next year.

Interesting take Red, Bylsma is one of those other coaches I would want if available or at the top of my list if Chiarelli made available. I don't read enough about Shero except on here when he apparently robs Chiarelli but that logic that Bylsma could being on the hot seat after another early is logical.

I believe Bylsma is the best coach in the league, Pitt would be crazy to let him go. Also like Laviolette very much. I'd be shocked if CJ gets canned regardless of what happens in the post season. If they go out early this yr, and play this brand of passive offensive hockey next season, then maybe there will be the opportunity. I've always had the gut feeling that CJ has the aplha male thing goin on with PC. So I wouldn't expect anything to change anytime soon. The window for cup runs doesn't stay open forever, and TT isn't performing miracles any longer to cover everyones a**. I thought they had the best team when Carolina sniped them. The Pitt thing got wiped clean with the cup. Last yr they were playing with house money. This is an important yr for this organization, specifically the head coach.

Sections
Shortcuts