Rule changes for goalies?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

Rule changes for goalies?

This is just a quick thought. I haven't put a lot of thought into so I would be curious to hear what others think. The purpose would be to protect goalies but also not let them roam around worry free. What if, for lack of a better phrase, a second crease was created where the goalies could roam around and not be touched but if they played the puck outside of that second crease they could be hit like any other player on the ice? They could get rid of the trapezoid. The second crease would be a semi circle starting at the back end board (approx where the trapezoid hits the wall now) out to about 10 feet in front of the existing crease and around to the back boards. Current crease rules would remain the same. This way goalies with some stickhandling skills can still use them while protected from hits inside the second crease, but are fair game outside the 2nd crease. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Rule changes for goalies?

they already took the stick handling skills away from goalies. The trapeziod is there for one reason and one reason only. Martin Brodeur. Though Turco was pretty good at it to, it's put there to prevent him from getting dump ins and clearing them out, hopefully adding more offense to the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Rule changes for goalies?

In Response to Re: Rule changes for goalies?:
    [QUOTE]they already took the stick handling skills away from goalies. The trapeziod is there for one reason and one reason only. Martin Brodeur. Though Turco was pretty good at it to, it's put there to prevent him from getting dump ins and clearing them out, hopefully adding more offense to the game.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Yah, that's the idea, but I really like the offense that gets generated when a goalie is wandering around in the corner - and the puck isn't there.

Sections
Shortcuts