rumor: Jay Miller ill - perhaps terminally

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

rumor: Jay Miller ill - perhaps terminally

Friend of friend who knows Jay Miller says he's in the hospital, may be on his death bed.

The gossip was that he was drinking far too much, gained tons of weight and his health is giving out.

Anyone who can verify?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Re: rumor: Jay Miller ill - perhaps terminally

"full recovery" was mentioned on the hf board.

love the night jay and lyndon byers beat up craig berube, who was just coming into the league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I know nothing of the rumor, but I loved Jay Miller.  He was a heavy weight in the golden age of NHL heavyweights IMO.  He had some classics with Chris Nylan if I recall correctly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Wish him nothing but the best lets hope he fights for his life like he used to for us when he wore the spoked b!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: rumor: Jay Miller ill - perhaps terminally:
    That would be sad.  I hope it's a rumor.    I remember some good matches he had, especially with Kordic.   UNH product, too. 
    Posted by ipot

UNH? Does that stand for University of No Hardware?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I know nothing of the rumor, but I loved Jay Miller.  He was a heavy weight in the golden age of NHL heavyweights IMO.  He had some classics with Chris Nylan if I recall correctly.
    Posted by RickyHussle

I always felt Miller finally winning a fight against Kordic was the turning point in the series in which the Bruins finally beat the Habs in 1988.Byers was beating up on a Habs farmhand(Fletcher I believe)at the same time.Montreal had vowed retribution for Thelven slashing that pansie Richer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: rumor: Jay Miller ill - perhaps terminally : I always felt Miller finally winning a fight against Kordic was the turning point in the series in which the Bruins finally beat the Habs in 1988.Byers was beating up on a Habs farmhand(Fletcher I believe)at the same time.Montreal had vowed retribution for Thelven slashing that pansie Richer.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Kordic always seemed to have Jay's number. Must have been the booze or something.....

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from palealeman. Show palealeman's posts

i always wondered what happened to jay, he wasnt involed in any or few awards or cereamonies, with retired b's, was there bad feelings? hope he gets well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

Nilan and Rob Ray were on TSN's off the record last night...they talked about a lot of heavy weights including Probert (no reference to Miller).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

I'm really, really not liking this thread ................

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Friend of friend says he's recovered.

Owns a restuarant on the Cape and he's one of those owners who's actually there all the time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

That would be sad.  I hope it's a rumor.    I remember some good matches he had, especially with Kordic.   UNH product, too. 
    Posted by ipot

Miller vs Kordic on the original Don Cherry's Rock'em Sock'em Hockey was a classic. Still watch the old videos once in a while.

Sections
Shortcuts