Rumors flying tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Rumors flying tracker

Horton's agent Paul Krepelka: "Nathan has told BOS he wants to explore free agency. It's not a financial issue, just a decision to move on."

"MIN's Pierre-Marc Bouchard will be going to UFA on July 5."

"Not sure what term Rask's new deal will be but I'd count on it being in the $7M/year range. Rask's agent Bill Zito to meet B's this weekend."

"Echoing info from , but MIN's Cal Clutterbuck is likely to be dealt this weekend."

"NJ's David Clarkson expects going to UFA July 5 unless Devils make an offer substantial enough to alter that. Hasn't seen any #s yet from NJ"

"The Oilers continue to push hard on potential deals. Sources say Edmtn is aggressively after B.Cobourn."

"Love the Seguin speculation. His name is absolutely in play. Bruins with so many unsigned guys. "Kings ransom" expected."

The new, lower cap world in full swing!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Rumors flying tracker

@Real_ESPNLeBrun 

"Add the Boston Bruins to the long list of teams that have inquired about Vincent Lecavalier."

"Also spoke with Daniel Briere. No front-runners established yet but says he's happy with the level of interest in him."

"Chatted with Ryane Clowe, UFA July 5. Says he's unsure at this point what's going to happen. Loves New York. Rangers with little cap room."

Didn't take long with agents nd GMs now settled in New Jersey.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Thanks SanDog! Appreciate the info.

Don't judge me monkey!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Love that Horton quote: "money is not the issue." Of course it is....lol.

This is his first ufa contract and he wants to cash out. No shame in that.

It will be intersting to see where he ends up  and how much he gets considering his concussion issues and bumb shoulder.

Good luck Nathan and thank you for you excellent service. Best wishes in TB.

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Love that Horton quote: "money is not the issue." Of course it is....lol.

This is his first ufa contract and he wants to cash out. No shame in that.

It will be intersting to see where he ends up  and how much he gets considering his concussion issues and bumb shoulder.

Good luck Nathan and thank you for you excellent service. Best wishes in TB.

Welcome back JM. It's always about the money...always.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Nice to be back Stan. Look forward to some good hockey chat. Been in exile too long....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Now everyone can rest, JM is back.  Horton's asking price obviously was not "discounted" for Boston.  Lucic's comment in the Toronto game7 aftermath is ringing true.  Just maybe he knew of Horton's intentions.  Change is good, as long it does not last for 40 years before the next Cup run.  

Don't judge me monkey!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Welcome Isla!

“It’s actually pretty active,” GM Peter Chiarelli said during a press conference this morning. “When [Vincent] Lecavalier got bought out, it’s kind of thrown some teams for a loop. There’s a trickledown effect. It gives everybody pause for thought. It’s been fairly active.”

Rich Peverley is the leading candidate to be traded. Peverley carries a $3.25 million average annual cap hit.

* The Bruins will not re-sign Andrew Ference. But they may receive an asset for the UFA-to-be. Several clubs have inquired about acquiring Ference’s negotiating rights. Chiarelli has given Kurt Overhardt, Ference’s agent, permission to ask around. “I’m not going to stand in his way,” Chiarelli said. “Andy’s been a warrior for us. I want to help him as much as I can.”

* The Bruins have qualified Tuukka Rask and Jordan Caron. They have yet to qualify Kaspars Daugavins and Michael Hutchinson. They may still do so, said Chiarelli."

Welcome back Aleister Crowley!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Anyone else super-psyched for moves to be made and next season to start?

That is one thing this Stanley Cup has done for me... made the off-season more interesting than ever!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Horton's agent Paul Krepelka: "Nathan has told BOS he wants to explore free agency. It's not a financial issue, just a decision to move on."

"Not sure what term Rask's new deal will be but I'd count on it being in the $7M/year range. Rask's agent Bill Zito to meet B's this weekend."

"Echoing info from @Russostrib, but MIN's Cal Clutterbuck is likely to be dealt this weekend."

"NJ's David Clarkson expects going to UFA July 5 unless Devils make an offer substantial enough to alter that. Hasn't seen any #s yet from NJ"

@DarrenDreger

"The Oilers continue to push hard on potential deals. Sources say Edmtn is aggressively after B.Cobourn."

"Love the Seguin speculation. His name is absolutely in play. Bruins with so many unsigned guys. "Kings ransom" expected."

It's no shock many Toronto-area sports media heads have the Toronto-born Clarkson joining the Leafs.  It seems every player, regardless of contractual status is set to end up in Toronto, right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah and every team has inquired about the great Phanuef as well Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

[QUOTE]

@TSNBobMcKenzie

"Echoing info from @Russostrib, but MIN's Cal Clutterbuck is likely to be dealt this weekend."

@DarrenDreger

It's no shock many Toronto-area sports media heads have the Toronto-born Clarkson joining the Leafs.  It seems every player, regardless of contractual status is set to end up in Toronto, right?

[/QUOTE]

You know it RHO! So typical of Toronto......sigh.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Nice to be back Stan. Look forward to some good hockey chat. Been in exile too long....

Welcome back JMW as well

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

JMW one of the best here.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

Welcome Isla!

“It’s actually pretty active,” GM Peter Chiarelli said during a press conference this morning. “When [Vincent] Lecavalier got bought out, it’s kind of thrown some teams for a loop. There’s a trickledown effect. It gives everybody pause for thought. It’s been fairly active.”

Rich Peverley is the leading candidate to be traded. Peverley carries a $3.25 million average annual cap hit.

* The Bruins will not re-sign Andrew Ference. But they may receive an asset for the UFA-to-be. Several clubs have inquired about acquiring Ference’s negotiating rights. Chiarelli has given Kurt Overhardt, Ference’s agent, permission to ask around. “I’m not going to stand in his way,” Chiarelli said. “Andy’s been a warrior for us. I want to help him as much as I can.”

* The Bruins have qualified Tuukka Rask and Jordan Caron. They have yet to qualify Kaspars Daugavins and Michael Hutchinson. They may still do so, said Chiarelli."

[/QUOTE]

I knew they wouldn't walk away from Caron. He will have value to another club if not in Boston. On another note, is anybody surprised that Daugavins wasn't given a qualifying offer? Does anybody care? I certainly don't. In fact, I'm glad if he goes. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Welcome Isla!

[/QUOTE]

I knew they wouldn't walk away from Caron. He will have value to another club if not in Boston. On another note, is anybody surprised that Daugavins wasn't given a qualifying offer? Does anybody care? I certainly don't. In fact, I'm glad if he goes. 

[/QUOTE]

Nope still got visions of game  1 triple overtime,had enough of the Daug.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I knew they wouldn't walk away from Caron. He will have value to another club if not in Boston. On another note, is anybody surprised that Daugavins wasn't given a qualifying offer? Does anybody care? I certainly don't. In fact, I'm glad if he goes. [/QUOTE]

Thought that PC would at least think about keeping Caron. He will be a good call up when injuries happen. How many games did it take for Cleary to finally get it ?

Here that sound ?....I know I hear I nothing as well, it's the sound of no one caring where Daugavins goes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Thanks again all....now down to business.

The team we see right now is essentially the team we are likely to see when the season starts.

Horton and Jagr out too be replaced by Soderberg and a kid (please no Bourque) and Ference gone with two of Krug, Hamilton and Bart.

This and a cheap backup and that is essentially spending up to the cap folks if PC does not buy anyone out or make a trade.

Good enough for another cup run?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

They will have to get someone to replace Horton to start. I don't think when it is all said and done Seguin will be traded. I would like to see the bruins add a little more speed on their team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

They will have to get someone to replace Horton to start. I don't think when it is all said and done Seguin will be traded. I would like to see the bruins add a little more speed on their team.

It would be nice to find a solid replacement for Horton but barring a trade or buyout there is simply not enough money to go around:

http://www.capgeek.com/bruins/

$5.8 million in cap space with Savard's $4million is still under $10 million.

Hypothetically:

Rask-$6.5 million

Generic Backup-$1million

This leaves only $2.5million for 1 more forward. The replacement will come from within, either Soderberg, Spooner, Caron (there you go Dez), or Bourque (ugh) will fill the roster spot.

That is how I see it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Thanks again all....now down to business.

The team we see right now is essentially the team we are likely to see when the season starts.

Horton and Jagr out too be replaced by Soderberg and a kid (please no Bourque) and Ference gone with two of Krug, Hamilton and Bart.

This and a cheap backup and that is essentially spending up to the cap folks if PC does not buy anyone out or make a trade.

Bourque is reported to have somehow signed to play in the KHL next year JM.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

Bourque is reported to have somehow signed to play in the KHL next year JM.

Really? I guess I underestimated how badly PC wanted to be rid of him....lol.

Excellent.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Horton and Jagr out too be replaced by Soderberg and a kid (please no Spooner Bourque) and Ference gone with two of Krug, Hamilton and Bart.

I don't like the team without Horton or a right-handed shot alternative and pushed up against the cap. I don't think Chiarelli likes it either, hence sending out feelers to see what kind of return he can get.

No more Daugavins or Pandolfo types anymore please.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I don't like the team without Horton or a right-handed shot alternative and pushed up against the cap. I don't think Chiarelli likes it either, hence sending out feelers to see what kind of return he can get.

No more Daugavins or Pandolfo types anymore please.

Agreed on both counts.

Thankfully, PC does not have the cash to retain Daug or Pandolfo even if he wanted to (and I doubt he does) since goaltending will soak up most of the remaining cash....and if PC trades a regular and retains Daug or Pandolfo he will have some 'splainin to do.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

SDJ & JMW - 

if Chiarelli stands pat due to salary cap restrictions, the d-corps is solid but the lines could end up like this : 

Lucic - Krejci - Seguin

Marchand - Bergeron - Peverley

Soderberg - Kelly - Caron

Paille - Campbell - Thornton

I do not see this as strong enough offensively to compete for a Cup.

One thought I have been kicking around is the possibility of trading Seidenberg for a top-six RW to skate with Lucic & Krejci. Sign Redden for short money as 7th defenseman.

Lines might then be : 

Lucic - Krejci - TBD

Marchand - Bergeron - Peverley

Paille - Kelly - Seguin

Soderberg - Campbell - Caron

This is a twelve-pack that could realy allow CJ to roll four lines and keep the troops fresh while having enough offensive punch to overcome an occasion gaff by any of our young defensemen.

Thornton can stay only if his salary fits. I would make it a goal to reduce Chara's workload during the regular season. He is awesome and I want him at his very best once the playoffs begin.

Thoughts???

PS - I am a long-time reader of this discussion board, just recently decided to sign-on and chime in.

Sections
Shortcuts