Rumors from the net: Larsson may be falling, Kablerle may cash in elsewhere and the Isles may move #5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Rumors from the net: Larsson may be falling, Kablerle may cash in elsewhere and the Isles may move #5

http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/tag/boston-bruins/

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2011/06/18/adam-larsson-could-go-1-or-2-question-is-will-he-play-in-nhl-next-season/7441/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-blogs-avalanche+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Avalanche%3A+Blog%29

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/734933-nhl-trade-rumors-and-free-agency-news-on-jeff-carter-and-the-2011-nhl-draft/entry/95322-2011-nhl-draft-new-york-islanders-interested-in-trading-5th-overall-pick

Larsson will not slip to #9, but maybe 5/6?  His agent has said that he may stay in Sweden for 1 or 2 more years.  The teams at the top of the draft (Edmunton, Colorado, Florida, New Jersey, New York Isles) may all want to pass on him for more immediate help.

If the Isles want to move their pick, maybe the #9 and #40 will be enough.  I don't want to mess with the roster, but another option may be Rich Peverly as part of a deal?

Chia and Kaberle have both mentioned that they would like to hammer out an extension, but he (Kaberle) will likely command much more on the open market than the Bruins are willing to pay.  For those of you who think that Kaberle will sign a 2 year/4 million dollar deal, it is not going to happen.  Some of the various team rumor mill websites mention Kaberle being a possible blue line replacement.  I think that with the dearth of defencemen on the UFA market, Kaberle signs for Seidenberg money (4 years/13 million) - *PLEASE NOTE* I am not comparing Kaberle to Seidenberg, I am just saying that he will receive a similar contract from some GM who still looks at Kaberle and remembers the Maple Leafs' All Star at his pinnacle.

Just my 2 cents

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Re: Rumors from the net: Larsson may be falling, Kablerle may cash in elsewhere and the Isles may move #5

Kaberle tags:

http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/tag/tomas-kaberle/

Columbus
    Tampa Bay
    Ottawa

I could also see Vancouver (if they don't resign Bieksa/Ehrhoff), Detroit (if Lidstrom retires), Montreal or even a return to the Maple Leafs.

His current salary is $4.25 mill and I just don't see him taking a paycut of more than 1 million per ($13 mil over 4 years = $3.25 million).  I think that GAME 7 will be his last in Boston to the delight of MANY Boston fans (myself not included and I have always liked Kaberle).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Re: Rumors from the net: Larsson may be falling, Kablerle may cash in elsewhere and the Isles may move #5

In Response to Rumors from the net: Larsson may be falling, Kablerle may cash in elsewhere and the Isles may move #5:
    [QUOTE]http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/tag/boston-bruins/ http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2011/06/18/adam-larsson-could-go-1-or-2-question-is-will-he-play-in-nhl-next-season/7441/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-blogs-avalanche+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Avalanche%3A+Blog%29 http://bleacherreport.com/articles/734933-nhl-trade-rumors-and-free-agency-news-on-jeff-carter-and-the-2011-nhl-draft/entry/95322-2011-nhl-draft-new-york-islanders-interested-in-trading-5th-overall-pick Larsson will not slip to #9, but maybe 5/6?  His agent has said that he may stay in Sweden for 1 or 2 more years.  The teams at the top of the draft (Edmunton, Colorado, Florida, New Jersey, New York Isles) may all want to pass on him for more immediate help. If the Isles want to move their pick, maybe the #9 and #40 will be enough.  I don't want to mess with the roster, but another option may be Rich Peverly as part of a deal? Chia and Kaberle have both mentioned that they would like to hammer out an extension, but he (Kaberle) will likely command much more on the open market than the Bruins are willing to pay.  For those of you who think that Kaberle will sign a 2 year/4 million dollar deal, it is not going to happen.  Some of the various team rumor mill websites mention Kaberle being a possible blue line replacement.  I think that with the dearth of defencemen on the UFA market, Kaberle signs for Seidenberg money (4 years/13 million) - *PLEASE NOTE* I am not comparing Kaberle to Seidenberg, I am just saying that he will receive a similar contract from some GM who still looks at Kaberle and remembers the Maple Leafs' All Star at his pinnacle. Just my 2 cents
    Posted by Bigpapa1977[/QUOTE]

You don't think the GMs were watching the playoffs and noticed how badly Kaberle competed in the 1st , 2nd and 3rd rounds? Everyone out there knows exactly what Kaberle is worth.  $2 mil per year to $2.5 million tops !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

I could see Chiarelli trading his #9 pick to Toronto for one of their firsts (the one they got from the flyers) and a roster player.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Well, in 25 Playoff games (among defensemen) Kaberle was tied for 3rd in pts (11), fourth in +- (+8) and was WAY below in TOI (16+ mins).  I think some people are still bitter for what we gave up to get Kaberle, and I am not saying to resign him, I just think most haters are not seeing the big picture. All our D made some glaring mistakes during the run and this guy comes from a system that was COMPLETELY different then Claude's.

He is a PMD, not a bange-m/smash-em d-man and is still better than Kampfer (IMO).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Tonight if any of you can watch Bob McKenzie will do his draft rankings.
    Good idea on what the Bruins can get coming this Friday.
    More exciting times for Bruin fans !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: Rumors from the net: Larsson may be falling, Kablerle may cash in elsewhere and the Isles may move #5:
    [QUOTE]I could see Chiarelli trading his #9 pick to Toronto for one of their firsts (the one they got from the flyers) and a roster player.  
    Posted by Tuckerw3[/QUOTE]

ummmm really? like who? they don't have anyone we would want

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Kaberle is better than Kampfer. Kampfer is just as mistake prone and is too small. He'll never put up Kaberle type numbers. But Kaberle needs to take a pay cut to stay. However, he helped out at the end and I do hope he gets a chance to stay. He's earned that, despite my not liking his lack of shooting. In hindsight, I love the fact that this B's team brought the cup home, and I'll feel bad for any playoff contributors who aren't here next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

If Larsson falls to #5 or #6, I'd certainly be thrilled if PC could move up to get him. I think he'd be a great fit for us. Very smooth, calm and mature for his age. Always reliable when making decisions on the blue line, has a nice shot (that I didn't really notice until I watched the WJC).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

I don't think any GM is going to give Kaberle the same numbers that he currently has.He was looking at a pay cut no matter what went down .Of course if he had played exceptionally well right from the get go it might be a different story.I hope he stays but he is replaceable .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I have no problem with Kaberle, I would keep him for a reasonable price and if I were another team, I would try to get him.  His hockey sense and positioning is outstanding.  He doesn't PK though, which hurts his value and means he's not a true star D.  Seidenburg money is reasonable for him, Seids is significantly underpaid by NHL standards.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: Rumors from the net: Larsson may be falling, Kablerle may cash in elsewhere and the Isles may move #5:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Rumors from the net: Larsson may be falling, Kablerle may cash in elsewhere and the Isles may move #5 : You don't think the GMs were watching the playoffs and noticed how badly Kaberle competed in the 1st , 2nd and 3rd rounds? Everyone out there knows exactly what Kaberle is worth.  $2 mil per year to $2.5 million tops !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

Sorry bud, If you think Kaberle is on the same pay scale as a teams #5 defenseman , you have not been watching.. He will get paid in the offseason. My guess is he ends up in Detroit , who just had Rafalski retire.. Kabby would be a great fit on that team.  And he will get probably between $4 - $5mil per year.
    And it's for that reason I dont think he will be a Bruin.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]I have no problem with Kaberle, I would keep him for a reasonable price and if I were another team, I would try to get him.  His hockey sense and positioning is outstanding.  He doesn't PK though, which hurts his value and means he's not a true star D.  Seidenburg money is reasonable for him, Seids is significantly underpaid by NHL standards.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I agree Seids is a bargain.  Would be surprised if Kaberle is around for next year, only because I don't think he'll need to take a pay cut on the open market.  I actually think he can get a 2 year deal making more than he's currently making.   Be surprised if PC gets caught up in that game.  4ish per year is not big money for a defenseman with Kaberle's pedigree going into 11-12.  How the B's calculate next years payroll, will be hugely dependant on Savard.  Could be a challenge for PC, as Savard probably won't make any long term decision on his future til the season starts....maybe even after Christmas.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Well, in 25 Playoff games (among defensemen) Kaberle was tied for 3rd in pts (11), fourth in +- (+8) and was WAY below in TOI (16+ mins).  I think some people are still bitter for what we gave up to get Kaberle, and I am not saying to resign him, I just think most haters are not seeing the big picture. All our D made some glaring mistakes during the run and this guy comes from a system that was COMPLETELY different then Claude's. He is a PMD, not a bange-m/smash-em d-man and is still better than Kampfer (IMO).Posted by bridgemanusa

Great points Bridgeman and with the cap going up 2Mil more than expected Kaberle will not be a Bruin because all agents are greedy Tomas will get paid but not by Chiarelli.

No way PC gives up the Wild's high 2nd rounder unless he is blown away by an offer. That pick could fetch another Knight or Spooner. If only Puempel would fall there but I don't think he will.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

rumors are only rumors and speculation. During the entire playoffs, Kaberle took too much time to really show he can contribute offensively. On defense he was very shy about the corners and fighting for the puck. He also made anumber of costly boo-boos around the net.Imo both he and Boychuck will be playing elsewhere next season. I, too, wuld like to see Pitkanen on the Bruins defense. there are 4-5 future D's in the Bruins system. Most need more AHL seasoning, but we might be suprised in training camp.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rumors from the net: Larsson may be falling, Kablerle may cash in elsewhere and the Isles may move #5 : You don't think the GMs were watching the playoffs and noticed how badly Kaberle competed in the 1st , 2nd and 3rd rounds? Everyone out there knows exactly what Kaberle is worth.  $2 mil per year to $2.5 million tops !
    Once again, you act condescending to someone who doesn't share your opinion. You might get away with that if you were right but in this case you aren't.Kaberle(and his new Cup ring)will easily fetch 3 or more on the open market.If you're going to talk down to people you should at least try to be right.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rumors from the net: Larsson may be falling, Kablerle may cash in elsewhere and the Isles may move #5 : Once again, you act condescending to someone who doesn't share your opinion. You might get away with that if you were right but in this case you aren't.Kaberle(and his new Cup ring)will easily fetch 3 or more on the open market.If you're going to talk down to people you should at least try to be right.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Kaberle won't be the 1st guy to land a large contract after a subpar playoff run.  Tell me detroit isnt an ideal fit Kaberle.  And he easily inks over 3.  I will say 3.5-4 over 3yrs. 
    His resume now has a cup ring.  
    I don't want him back, but he will go to somewhere like detroit and fit perfectly into the way they play. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rumors from the net: Larsson may be falling, Kablerle may cash in elsewhere and the Isles may move #5 : Once again, you act condescending to someone who doesn't share your opinion. You might get away with that if you were right but in this case you aren't.Kaberle(and his new Cup ring)will easily fetch 3 or more on the open market.If you're going to talk down to people you should at least try to be right.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Hi to you too Dez ! Watch the playoff highlights and you'll see a pitiful display
    at D by  Kaberle. Chiarelli knows he made a mistake and he'll correct it ASAP !

If Kaberle finds someone else willing to pay his high salary...good for him.
    Until then...hold onto this thought Dez and I'll touch base with you AFTER Kaberle IS FORCED to take a salary cut ! He's slow and soft and he'll get killed in Detroit !  You heard it here first!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

BsLegion, trust me, Bob McKenzie has no idea whatsoever what the Bruins will take. He will not offer enlightenment and his guess is really no better than yours or mine. It is simply a TV show designed to get viewers (I will watch BTW) and am willing to bet that his #9 will not be the Bruins'. As I've searched for mock drafts on the net, its once again obvious that, actually, beyond the first couple, there is no consensus.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]Tonight if any of you can watch Bob McKenzie will do his draft rankings. Good idea on what the Bruins can get coming this Friday. More exciting times for Bruin fans !
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

This is so awesome!!  A 2nd pick, a Stanley Cup and a 9th pick.  Not many teams have gotten to draft this high when they win the Stanley Cup.  PC and the boys have put Boston in a very enviable position to be a contender for many years to come. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

All I can say is thank goodness nobody on here is in charge. Keep Kaberle and keep the team together for another run.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rumors from the net: Larsson may be falling, Kablerle may cash in elsewhere and the Isles may move #5 : Hi to you too Dez ! Watch the playoff highlights and you'll see a pitiful display at D by  Kaberle. Chiarelli knows he made a mistake and he'll correct it ASAP ! If Kaberle finds someone else willing to pay his high salary...good for him. Until then...hold onto this thought Dez and I'll touch base with you AFTER Kaberle IS FORCED to take a salary cut ! He's slow and soft and he'll get killed in Detroit !  You heard it here first!

Your too funny.  I just read an article where Kaberle said he would like to remain a Bruin and PC was quoted as saying he is intrested in signing Kaberle.  I will try to find the link for you shortly.  Here it is:
     http://www.csnne.com/06/20/11/Kaberle-hopes-to-have-a-future-in-Boston/landing_bruins.html?blockID=536045&feedID=3944&&

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

The thing that most concerns me about Kaberle is the same thing that I think would hurt him in Detroit.

He is a bit soft, ordinary on D and makes some turnovers.  But, his passes are superb and carries the puck well. However, his absolutely refusing to shoot the puck in my opinion significantly alters how defending teams play against the Bs especially on the PP.  Watching the games, it became obvious other teams knew he wouldnt shoot and played him this way. It also negated Chara at the other point because everyone in the building knew it was "pass to Z."

I watch Detroit a lot and while I think Kabs would fit there well for the most part, their offense is far too multi-faceted and dangerous to integrate a terribly predictible puck handler like this.

Incidentally, Lidstrom announced he's playing.

I would not be surprised to see the B's get him for short money (2.75 ish), if not then go to TB or a lower ranked team for more money. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rumors from the net: Larsson may be falling, Kablerle may cash in elsewhere and the Isles may move #5 : Hi to you too Dez ! Watch the playoff highlights and you'll see a pitiful display at D by  Kaberle. Chiarelli knows he made a mistake and he'll correct it ASAP ! If Kaberle finds someone else willing to pay his high salary...good for him. Until then...hold onto this thought Dez and I'll touch base with you AFTER Kaberle IS FORCED to take a salary cut ! He's slow and soft and he'll get killed in Detroit !  You heard it here first!
    how would he get killed in detroit.  larry murphy was slow as they come but he did great there.  they alwasy find a way to get the most outta guys in need. cleary, bertuzzi as a small sample size. 
    Detroit is in need of a pickup with BR retiring prematurely.  If he played along side Lidstrom he would be an excellent pickup.  Deetroit is a puck control team which relies on their defense a lot in trans.  I agree he looked terrible.  But if Finger landed a mega deal, someone will pay for Kaberle. Supply and demand.  Puck moving dmen are in demand.  He'll get his money somewhere.  I guess we can chat it up more when it happens. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Wrong again sir. This is at least the 100th time I've read similar statements.Unfortunately, that doesn't make it right. I'll be fully willing to admit I'm wrong if,as you've suggested, Kaberle ends up being "forced to take a pay cut" to somewhere around 2 mil.