Russian forward Dmitri Uchaykin dies after headshot in Kazakhstan hockey league

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Russian forward Dmitri Uchaykin dies after headshot in Kazakhstan hockey league

Not an April Fool's joke.  Tragic stuff.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/russian-forward-dmitri-uchaykin-dies-headshot-kazakhstan-hockey-195922921--nhl.html

http://www.eurohockey.com/article/2476-dmitri-uchaykin-passed-away.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Russian forward Dmitri Uchaykin dies after headshot in Kazakhstan hockey league

I guess it was only a matter of time.  However, without video we can only speculate on the maliciousness of the hit.  It's a rough game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Re: Russian forward Dmitri Uchaykin dies after headshot in Kazakhstan hockey league

R.I.P.
    My thoughts and prayers are with Dmitri Uchaykin's family and friends.

Unfortunately, it's only a matter of time before this will happen again - quite possibly in the NHL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Very sad news to wake up to, the reality again sets in about the head hits, my prayers are with his family.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Agree with sentiment of thoughts and prayers for his family. 

More media outlets picking up on the story.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nhl/news/20130401/hockey-player-dmitri-uchaykin-killed-by-head-shot/index.html

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

As bad as it sounds I would like to see what happened. Morbid curiousity? RIP tradgic to hear about and this should be a wakeup call for a lot of those morons that run around with no regard for other players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

RIP

I think we all realized this was inevitable at some level of the game.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I've got null on ignore, so I don't know what he said, but I'm certain it's offensively inappropriate for a thread that's expressing condolences over a tragedy. How low can a human being get?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Have seen some references to it not being a hit to the head, with Uchaykin leaving the game without assistance according to a Finnish player on the bench. Given today's date and the below article in Finnish (and difficulties in translation), you can't put too much stock in any report right now.

http://www.iltalehti.fi/jaakiekko/2013040116846447_jk.shtml

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Dave24's comment:

Have seen some references to it not being a hit to the head, with Uchaykin leaving the game without assistance according to a Finnish player on the bench. Given today's date and the below article in Finnish (and difficulties in translation), you can't put too much stock in any report right now.

http://www.iltalehti.fi/jaakiekko/2013040116846447_jk.shtml

The Vancouver Sun had the story published yesterday, March 31.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Like with Cherepanov(sp?), it is hard not to wonder if having NHL trainers and medical care might have made a difference.  Sounds like a left the ice, and then things went steeply down hill.

Makes you think about the beer league hockey too, where if something serious happens, 20 lard-a**es stand around and ask you if you're okay for 10 minutes before an ambulance is eventually called.  Plenty of risk in this game, at every level.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Fletch sounds like my beer-league where the refs don't do jack-diddly and things escalate and people start fighting. Fun times.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Was it Cooke that hit him?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

xdrive 

Was it Cooke that hit him?

ColonC

In response to lambda13's comment:

As bad as it sounds I would like to see what happened. Morbid curiousity? RIP tradgic to hear about and this should be a wakeup call for a lot of those morons that run around with no regard for other players.

Right, you mean like Lucic, the Rodent, Chara, Ferrence, McQuaid, Thorton, the MVP, Seidenberg, Boychuk, Horton and TT (don't ever forget TT)..ampbel

Whats wrong with you people, this post was made for condolences not idiotic and inmature posts,

You have no brains and no heart.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Classless.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

wally when I read your post with my quote I thought your comment was directed at me, I was like what did I do? haha.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

I guess it was only a matter of time.  However, without video we can only speculate on the maliciousness of the hit.  It's a rough game.

hey lets keep fightin, just boys being boys.. its only death.... hope the diehards enjoyed their bloodlust!

You took my remark out of context a bit.  It's truly shocking and sad someone died from a hit to the head, no argument there.  But honestly, how much more can the NHL do to prevent head shots?  They have the rules in place, now the players have to follow them.  I hope they all do, but some won't.  As has been discussed here forever, short of making it a no-check league, there will always be questionable hits.  I hope no-one else pays with their life.  Bottom line, it's a rough sport.  Is that better?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

hang, BostonProSportsLover is CommieContarian using a new alias - just put him on ignore like the rest of us.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

hey lets keep fightin, just boys being boys.. its only death.... hope the diehards enjoyed their bloodlust!

BostonProSportsLover...you are the worst.  shut up and leave.  No one here is interested in your nonsense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Haha ok I didn't know that

Sections
Shortcuts