Rusty Trombone Says Chiarelli Blew Two Top 5 Picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Rusty Trombone Says Chiarelli Blew Two Top 5 Picks

He's trying to talk about this over at the Pats, so I figure we could discuss it here.  I'm not really sure which Top 5 picks Chiarelli blew.  Maybe he'll come over and tell us about it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: Rusty Trombone Says Chiarelli Blew Two Top 5 Picks

Top 5 picks don't usually get traded away a few years after you draft them,so I guess I see what he is saying.Now personally didn't like Kessel and still don't as far as Seguin jury is still out on him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

If one is Seguin how could he be a flop, he has turned into 2 top 6 forwards and 2 prospects. Nice return.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Maybe he's thinking of that master fleecing Jay Feaster pulled on Chiarelli that he always talks about...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:
    [QUOTE]

If one is Seguin how could he be a flop, he has turned into 2 top 6 forwards and 2 prospects. Nice return.

[/QUOTE]

Why not add Kessel?  What remains from that is one forward prospect - Knight (granted not a promising one) and Hamilton, plus the 4 players you mention that came from Seguin.  Not bad.

NAS, just put him on ignore and be done with it.  And why "Trombone"?  He's a tool.  Rusty Tool.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Considering he's only had one top 5 pick since he took over from Gorton that seems kind of impossible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Considering he's only had one top 5 pick since he took over from Gorton that seems kind of impossible.

[/QUOTE]

Not to start it all over again, but I think most would agree while Gorton made the selction, he was told who to draft by Chiarelli.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I know, but I like the dig. You can always just show him that, imperically at least, he's wrong.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

A blown Top 5 pick is a guy you select that doesnt do anything worthy of being top 5. Kessel and Seguin are top offensive players but just because they arent on the Bruins anymore doesnt mean that Chiarelli blew the picks. For me, if your picking in the top 5 you arent drafting for need, your taking the best player available, regardless of what postion he plays. Any argument otherwise is shot down when you see the return Chiarelli got for the two players in question.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

2010- 2011- Stanley Cup Champions

2012- 2013- Stanley Cup Finalist

2013- 2014- Currently 1st in Conference - 

FIRE CHIARELLI IMMEDIATELY !!!!! This team is built for failure...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

I think if you take it from the start is it not Kessel for Smith,Eriksson,Hamilton,Fraser,Morrow, and Knight. I would say thats pretty good, and I am not counting Peverley as that was a salary dump eventhough I liked him

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Sorry, but I have to elaborate. Say Chiarelli drafted out of need and took Gudbranson number 3 overall. They trade him a few years later for whatever reason. Does anyone think he brings back what PC got for Seguin. Take the best player available. If he fits your team, good, if he doesnt, you can trade him for something that does and get the highest return.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

THIS THREAD IS FULL OF BETTMAN APOLOGISTS AND JACOBS LOVERS WHO JUST LINE HIS POCKET. 

PS: LONG STICK

just wanted to say all that before he could.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2010- 2011- Stanley Cup Champions

2012- 2013- Stanley Cup Finalist

2013- 2014- Currently 1st in Conference - 

FIRE CHIARELLI IMMEDIATELY !!!!! This team is built for failure...

[/QUOTE]

All of that is for nothing if they cant do something as simple as pick a dynamite player in the first round that can single-handedly win them the cup.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

PC made two excellent - and no-brainer, no choice - picks in the top 5. Both turned into excellent players, and both were traded for packages worth even more than the picks themselves. On the results PC clearly gets an A+.

The only knock you could say is that he didn't know Toronto would finish so badly or that he couldn't have known that Riely Smith would (so far) be a 60+ point guy this season. But you can't argue with the picks or the results.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's trying to talk about this over at the Pats, so I figure we could discuss it here.  I'm not really sure which Top 5 picks Chiarelli blew.  Maybe he'll come over and tell us about it.

[/QUOTE]

NAS, after reviewing the thread on the pats forum ive learned one thing, Patriot fans do not know how to make edits when they are quoting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NAS, after reviewing the thread on the pats forum ive learned one thing, Patriot fans do not know how to make edits when they are quoting.

[/QUOTE]

It is terrible. NAS tried to tell them but they aren't intelligent enough to figure it out. That and they show pictures of animals with their mouths open acting like thye are laughing. That forum is such a mess.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The only player from the 2005 draft with more points than Kessel is Backstrom.  You could easily make a case that Toews should be ahead of him because he's 3 points back in 95 fewer games, but both Toews and Backstrom were off the board by the time Kessel came off.  The first credible alternative pick is Giroux, who went 22nd, and the next guy in line after Giroux is a guy Boston drafted at 50th - Lucic.  Guys like Little, Chris Stewart and Okposo are all good players, but Little is only now playing like a top half of the draft player, Stewart has a terrible rep, and Okposo is a nice player but not a guy you'd take at 5 overall.  There were 0 impact D drafted that year beyond the 1 overall (and even then) and a bunch of goalies, but unless your name is Milbury....  In other words, the Bruins took the best player.  Can't draft a player who doesn't exist. 

Same argument in 2010.  Seguin is the second leading scorer in that draft year.  The only guy ahead of him was off the board.  The only other guy even close is Skinner.  Good player, but size would always be an issue.  Best player available.  Right pick.

The only other thing you might argue is a trade down, but you'd never get the same value as the Bruins have gotten on both occasions by making the pick, developing the player, and dealing him to a star needy bottom feeder for a bounty.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I could imagine this board if PC had traded down in 2005 and 2010 ? BDC would have exploded, the servers would be in smithereens!

I remember the comment section of the Bruins Blog after the Seidenberg trade. Every Red Sox and Patriot decided to weigh in. That reaction shows how much most aren't paying real attention and just want to troll. Accompanied with illogical debate skills. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

PC made two excellent - and no-brainer, no choice - picks in the top 5. Both turned into excellent players, and both were traded for packages worth even more than the picks themselves. On the results PC clearly gets an A+.

The only knock you could say is that he didn't know Toronto would finish so badly or that he couldn't have known that Riely Smith would (so far) be a 60+ point guy this season. But you can't argue with the picks or the results.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not so quick to discount the Bruins appraisal of Rielly Smith. They have a great record on identifying AHL talent. What woud be the only negative? Versteeg for Bochenski?

I loved watching the leafs fall in the standings those two years

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, tried to read that thread and it started to hurt my eyes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to suffolkowner's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think if you take it from the start is it not Kessel for Smith,Eriksson,Hamilton,Fraser,Morrow, and Knight. I would say thats pretty good, and I am not counting Peverley as that was a salary dump eventhough I liked him

[/QUOTE]

Suffolkowner, eh? Which ponies do you own?

You and me are going to along just fine.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to suffolkowner's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Suffolkowner, eh? Which ponies do you own?

You and me are going to along just fine.

[/QUOTE]

I have 3 Suffolk Punch mares, you?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NAS, just put him on ignore and be done with it.  And why "Trombone"?  He's a tool.  Rusty Tool.

[/QUOTE]

BHab, google "Rusty Trombone" and you'll understand.

(NSFW CONTENT)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Shocker he never showed. I love how he tries explaining how he convinced everyone Kessel was a Chiarelli pick and not a Gorton. 95% of the people on here have always said that.

Sections
Shortcuts