Rutherford on Kaberle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Rutherford on Kaberle

I don't want to start a debate between Corvo and Kaberle as I'm certain Kaberle would be better in a Bruins uniform rather than the Canes.
    Just saw below Kalman's tweet and found it to be amusing.
    Well it's a little Kaberle's fault as he wanted too much money and the Bruins had to pass.  Maybe he should have been a little less greedy.
    Then there's Rutherford that claims Carolina is on a small budget and then out bids the Bruins ??
    Well you got what you deserve.
    Matt Kalman
    : 'Canes GM Rutherford on Kaberle: "He has to figure out a way to get out of it or he won't be playing with the Hurricanes long."”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Rutherford on Kaberle

The curious thing for me legion is Rutherford already had Pitkanen (sp?), whom he might have to move if the Hurricanes owner gets mad about paying both Defensman big sums of money, So I'll never understand the signing to begin with (was another thread last summer). Now either Tomas plays in the AHL, Sweden and the KHL for the next 3 years possibly like Huet, just very odd scouting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Rutherford on Kaberle:
    [QUOTE]I don't want to start a debate between Corvo and Kaberle as I'm certain Kaberle would be better in a Bruins uniform rather than the Canes. Just saw below Kalman's tweet and found it to be amusing. Well it's a little Kaberle's fault as he wanted too much money and the Bruins had to pass.  Maybe he should have been a little less greedy. Then there's Rutherford that claims Carolina is on a small budget and then out bids the Bruins ?? Well you got what you deserve. TheBruinsBlog Matt Kalman “ @mirtle : 'Canes GM Rutherford on Kaberle: "He has to figure out a way to get out of it or he won't be playing with the Hurricanes long."” 8 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    I think Corvo is playing very well lately,with a few hiccups .He is skating and moving the puck with confidence.Kaberle just never appeared to have any confidence at all with the B's . 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Rutherford on Kaberle:
    [QUOTE]The curious thing for me legion is Rutherford already had Pitkanen (sp?), whom he might have to move if the Hurricanes owner gets mad about paying both Defensman big sums of money, So I'll never understand the signing to begin with (was another thread last summer). Now either Tomas plays in the AHL, Sweden and the KHL for the next 3 years possibly like Huet, just very odd scouting.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

what did rutherford expect? did he not watch kaberle last season or a better judge of a player "the play-offs".

kaberle is a good offensive player who is extremely soft and scared of contact. if he did his homework he would have seen how julian did he best to hide kaberle in every playoff game outside of game 2 of the Montreal series because of chara being out with illness.

i know we went over it then, kaberle was a better choice then a hurt kampfer,hnidy and bartkowski or cohen or whatever defensemen u want,so kaberle helped but did not come as advertised. so for rutherford to not see this coming is simply not doing his job.

watch the games u moron.

jesus what else does a gm of an nhl team have to do. and then to give kaberle 12 million over 3 years is just firerable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Rutherford will re-hire Paul Maurice by March.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]Rutherford will re-hire Paul Maurice by March.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

honestly book he should have been fired for letting Laviolette go!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

He's a moron.  No wonder his team is a bottom feeder.  Enjoy 11th place - for the next five years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I think Rutherford signed him with a little prodding from Maurice, who likely told him the B's were using him wrong and that with their past relationship in T.O and a little TLC, Tomas would be back to his all-star form pronto. It didn't work out and Maurice is canned, waiting to be rehired in about 2 years. Tomas on the other hand is another albatross of a contract that only the Montreal Canadiens would likely take on if they had any cap room left.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

The 'very odd scouting' charge you make of Carolina, SanDogBrewin, could easily be applied to the Bruins Pro-Scouting department. They convinced Chiarelli to go after Kaberle in the first place, or maybe it was Chiarelli who was convincing them. Remember he was 'this close' 2 years ago - thumb a centimetre from forefinger - to trading Kessel straight up for Kaberle, a deal whose ripple effects we would still be feeling today in a Cupless Boston without Tyler Seguin. It makes one shudder.

But Chiarelli was undaunted, he needed to get Kaberle and he needed to pay a steep price for him, he was not going to be denied. It all worked out, but it would have worked out without Kaberle - or rather it worked in spite of Kaberle - he was playing 6th defenceman minutes and trying desperately not to be a liability, That was his role by the end.

But anyone who actually saw Kaberle play in Toronto were not surprised by his invisibility in Boston. The guy always knew how to stay out of trouble. Playing in Boston exposed him - to Peter Chiarelli.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

gord11,  only difference is Chiarelli really thought this was the guy that would generate offense on a bad PP last season.
    As for the deal between Kaberle-Kessel I don't think it was straight up, I think it didn't go through because PC wanted te Leafs first pick although you're correct because it makes me shudder.  Glad that never happened.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The 'very odd scouting' charge you make of Carolina, SanDogBrewin, could easily be applied to the Bruins Pro-Scouting department."

Yah Krejci, Bergeron, Marchand and Lucic all taken outside the 1st round weren't developed by PC properly and Seidenberg (whom Rutherford had), Peverley, Paille, Campbell, Horton and McQuaid should all be re-assessed  by Boston's scouting staff as well terrible, terrible pick ups.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Way to go Sandog

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

I was talking about the Pro Scouting of Tomas Kaberle - The Bruins organization was BENT on getting this guy for a long time.
    I didn't say anything about reassessing anything. I'm not indicting anyone

Just said the scouting on Kaberle was 'very odd' as well. But i will go further now and say it was flawed. Anyone who lives in Toronto could tell you that.

The Bruins gave up some nice pieces for this guy. They didn't need to.

Did he forget how to play hockey when he joined the Bruins?

Those trades and pickups are all good ones, but you have to be able to admit when they get one wrong, don't you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Used to be a big fan of Kaberle and he gave the Leafs a lot of good years, but he's on the downward slide (which was apparrent to Leaf fans at the beginning of last year).

I defended the move that Bruins made because they felt it was something they required to get over the top and I thought he'd give them that missing piece; not to mention the impact on the Bruin players to know that PC was going to do what he could to help them win the Cup.

The Bruins won the cup so mission accomplished.  Would they have won it without Kaberle?  That's a debate you guys will continue to have.  I think confidence is a big thing and perhaps have Thomas there gave other players on the team confidence that they could get over the top.  Who knows.....

Did they give up too much?  Well that is debatable.  I think they gave more then they had too, but what they gave up doesn't negatively impact the Bruins because they were deep and wouldn't use what they gave up to get Kaberle. 

Leafs were lucky to get what they did for Kaberle and it shocks me that Carolina paid as much as they did for him.  I don't think there were many takers at this stage of his career for that kind of money.

The return will help the Leafs so in the end, I see this as a win-win for both teams.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Corvo for half price I will definitely take that, at least Corvo will shoot the puck. He Corvo is weak in the d zone but so is Kaberle. Sieds and Corvo know each other from Carolina and Chara played with Corvo in Ottawa.

But the d man who is FA is PHL. Matt Carle would look good in Bruins jersey this would be a d man to pursue come deadline. Philly will wait on Prongers' rehab before they make any d changes. The Pronger situation is about one month rehab.I believe that in the new year the Flyers will reevaluate the d men and go from there Philly like Boston always looks for size.

Boychuk and ? for Matt Carle.

Chara Carle
    Sieds Corvo
    Ference Mcquaid
    Kampfer

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Last year Kaberle's poor play was supposedly because he was playing for the Leafs and then he went to the Cup champ Bruins and still stunk. After that, I didn't think PC would ever be able to dump him; he looked so washed up. Superb move replacing him with Corvo, who will get his goals eventually - esp. if they keep throwing him over on the left point and can set him up for one-timers.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Corvo for half price I will definitely take that, at least Corvo will shoot the puck. He Corvo is weak in the d zone but so is Kaberle. Sieds and Corvo know each other from Carolina and Chara played with Corvo in Ottawa. But the d man who is FA is PHL. Matt Carle would look good in Bruins jersey this would be a d man to pursue come deadline. Philly will wait on Prongers' rehab before they make any d changes. The Pronger situation is about one month rehab.I believe that in the new year the Flyers will reevaluate the d men and go from there Philly like Boston always looks for size. Boychuk and ? for Matt Carle. Chara Carle Sieds Corvo Ference Mcquaid Kampfer
    Posted by orr4neely8[/QUOTE]

I don't think Matt Care is better than Boychuk.
    I've seen him play a lot when he's not scratched from the lineup and he's no upgrade .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Rutherford on Kaberle:[QUOTE]I was talking about the Pro Scouting of Tomas Kaberle - The Bruins organization was BENT on getting this guy for a long time. I didn't say anything about reassessing anything. I'm not indicting anyone Just said the scouting on Kaberle was 'very odd' as well.
    Posted by gord11[/QUOTE]

I was talking about the Pro as well that's why I separated the picks developed from the scouting that was done for trades (Boychuk and McQuaid master thievery). It's arguable on both sides that Chiarelli might have gotten fleeced if the picks turn out for Burke however Bs fans of course will say "we won the cup".

I defended Kaberle on the PP last season because the Bs really didn't have a sniper to put away Tomas's sweet feeds. My expectations were that Tomas is weak in his own end with 2 four-checkers in and he didn't like to shoot. So overall PCs scouts have been good after the Bochenski and Schaefer eary on.

@RideswithaKing - A+ for Tallon on Fleischmann (sp?) and I laughed at overpayment on that one during the summer, throw in Versteeg as well! Can't wait for Florida-Boston games by the way.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

The only tangible difference between Kaberle and Corvo, in my humble opinion, is that Joey boy makes 2 mill less. Good enough for me....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The only tangible difference between Kaberle and Corvo, in my humble opinion, is that Joey boy makes 2 mill less. Good enough for me....
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]
    I'll 2nd that opinion. I wonder if we might see a huge upswing with Corvo though due to him learning the system and playing for another contract.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Maybe Dez, but at the present time he has been underwhelming to say the least. Good thing we are not counting on him to produce consistently.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe Dez, but at the present time he has been underwhelming to say the least. Good thing we are not counting on him to produce consistently.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]
    Jay, I think he's been awful but I'm trying to stay upbeat about him since I've grown tired of hearing how much of an upgrade he is. I'm just sick of arguing about him so I'm searching for positives. That contract thing was basically all I could think of.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I was talking about the Pro Scouting of Tomas Kaberle - The Bruins organization was BENT on getting this guy for a long time. I didn't say anything about reassessing anything. I'm not indicting anyone Just said the scouting on Kaberle was 'very odd' as well. But i will go further now and say it was flawed. Anyone who lives in Toronto could tell you that. The Bruins gave up some nice pieces for this guy. They didn't need to. Did he forget how to play hockey when he joined the Bruins? Those trades and pickups are all good ones, but you have to be able to admit when they get one wrong, don't you?
    Posted by gord11[/QUOTE]
    What has Carolina's pro scouting got to do with anything? You gotta think that Rutherford watched the finals just like everyone else. I hardly think his signing of Kaberle was based on the opinion of a scout. If anything, I'd be willing to bet that Rutherford went against the advice of scouting as he eventually decided to overpay Kaberle to boot. What are these nice pieces Boston gave up BTW? Colborne and the 30th pick along with a conditional 2nd rounder that is currently sitting at #56? The only reason the 2nd pick was given is that the Bruins made the finals. I wouldn't think that would've been a condition of the trade unless both Burke and PC felt there was a good possibilty of it happening. Please also explain to me how the Bruins won "in spite of " Kaberle? He was Boston's top-scoring D-man yet you'd like to have us believe Hnidy would've been a better answer on the blue line.

Sections
Shortcuts