Rutherford to be New Pens GM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Rutherford to be New Pens GM

I bet every one of his pre-game speeches ended with "Now go out there and have some fun."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I bet every one of his pre-game speeches ended with "Now go out there and have some fun."

[/QUOTE]

And gave them each an awkwardly long hug as they filed out of the locker room.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I posted what I heard on HockeyCentral and then I had to leave.  First of all, Kypreos said his info came from a "very reliable source".  I don't know how reliable his "reliable sources" are.  Kypreos and MacLean both said McGuire really wants to be a NHL GM.  That leaves one question for me, how full of himself is Pierre McGuire?  I can understand if you really like your job and you're not really sure if you want to leave it to become a GM.  But if your dream is to become a GM and you get an opportunity to become one, you take it.  The guy has absolutely no experience as a GM.  What could possibly make him think he should be offered a five year contract?  

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The Penguins promoted Jason Botterill to asst GM,this leads me to believe the Pens really want him to be their GM as he is supposedly an up and comer and didn't want to lose him. The Pens likely felt Botterill wasn't ready to take over the reins just yet so they wanted to hire somebody for 2 yrs as a stop gap. McGuire wanted the security of a 5 yr deal as he likely figured out what the 2 yr deal implied. Rutherford is on his last legs as a GM and took the 2 yrs to bridge the process.McGuire ,even though i can't understand why the Pens or any other team would want him, most likely thought his cushy job at NBC was just too good to give up for a 2 yr caretaker job.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Recall Rutherford citing "needing to take a break" after being forced out as GM in favor of Ron Francis. 

Public posturing is great, but break over.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:[QUOTE] I bet every one of his pre-game speeches ended with "Now go out there and have some fun."  [/QUOTE]

Pierre does know hockey and is an Encyclopedia but when he gets cheesy like ^that^ in the interviews, I want to vomit. That and his man crushes need to go!

Sections
Shortcuts