RW Kevin Hayes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: RW Kevin Hayes

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NBbruinsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I believe they can but it would take a 2nd pick minimum. The risk of him still going UFA after the fact would be too high. In this case it seems inevitable that he will choose someone after Aug 15th.

[/QUOTE]

A second round pick is a lot to give up for a 22 year old college player without a contract.

[/QUOTE]

The idea of trading for him doesn't make any sense. He's waited this long why would he sign now?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

you may be right. Funny how one excellent season in college in a senior year can translate into more $$$ in a league he hasn't had a sniff at.

[/QUOTE]

The "show me what you got first" has taken a backseat to.............. potential = more $$$.

[/QUOTE]

Chaching is right.  Hes not taking the food stamps we can offer.  Hows your summer going anyway. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

you may be right. Funny how one excellent season in college in a senior year can translate into more $$$ in a league he hasn't had a sniff at.

[/QUOTE]

The "show me what you got first" has taken a backseat to.............. potential = more $$$.

[/QUOTE]

Chaching is right.  Hes not taking the food stamps we can offer.  Hows your summer going anyway. 

[/QUOTE]

Cap hit is 900k max 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Bostonfan Quote
    “Why would Hayes sign anywhere before hitting ufa status”
    Not-A-Shot Quote
    “A second round pick is a lot to give up for a 22 year old college player without a contract”

Hayes can’t sign anywhere till after Aug 15th. Then it will be up to him as his contract is a given 2 way Cap Hit contract.
    As far as compensation of a second round pick look at it this way. He is a former #1 pick that is 22 ready for his Pro start. To get a player like him for entry level at this stage for an 18 year old 2nd pick who may never play or many years away is a good move. He will be able to come in and compete for a starting wing. With a 2 way contract even if he has to play for awhile in Providence we have upgraded our RW position with no related cap hit. And it will be better than having an extra #1 pick for this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to NBbruinsfan's comment:

Bostonfan Quote
    “Why would Hayes sign anywhere before hitting ufa status”
    Not-A-Shot Quote
    “A second round pick is a lot to give up for a 22 year old college player without a contract”

Hayes can’t sign anywhere till after Aug 15th. Then it will be up to him as his contract is a given 2 way Cap Hit contract.
    As far as compensation of a second round pick look at it this way. He is a former #1 pick that is 22 ready for his Pro start. To get a player like him for entry level at this stage for an 18 year old 2nd pick who may never play or many years away is a good move. He will be able to come in and compete for a starting wing. With a 2 way contract even if he has to play for awhile in Providence we have upgraded our RW position with no related cap hit. And it will be better than having an extra #1 pick for this year.

You're not getting this. Let's say a team trades for his rights. Unless it is the team he wanted to sign with anyway, why would he sign? Wait a couple weeks and sign with whoever. If it is the one team he wanted, said team could just wait, and sign him no compensation. Why would anyone trade a 2nd round pick for that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Scott Powers of ESPN Chicago: "It’s unlikely that Kevin Hayes will sign with the Blackhawks before the August 15th deadline."

“We’re likely going to wait until Aug. 16 and see where things are at that point,” agent Robert Murray said. “It’s absolutely nothing against the Blackhawks. We just feel this gives Kevin some options.

“This has been a difficult decision for Kevin. He’s identified himself with the Blackhawks. He was drafted by them. His brother [Jimmy] played for them. But after his college career, he had a chance to step back and look at everything.”

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Sound's like he is going for the home run....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://nesn.com/2014/08/report-bruins-among-nhl-teams-in-the-mix-for-bc-star-kevin-hayes/

"Why would Hayes leave the Blackhawks? Chicago has a deep roster at the NHL level and many talented forward prospects, so it could be a while before he cracks the Blackhawks lineup.

The Dorchester, Mass., native could see NHL action sooner if he signs with a different club. Hayes, who was selected in the first round of 2010 NHL draft (24th overall) by Chicago, has played at BC for the last four years. He was part of college hockey’s top line in 2013-14, which included Bill Arnold and Calgary Flames forward Johnny Gaudreau. Hayes tallied 65 points (27 goals, 38 assists) in 40 games for the Eagles last season. What would Hayes bring to the Bruins organization if he signed with Boston?

At 6-foot-4 and 215 pounds, the 22-year-old right wing would bring good playmaking ability, goal scoring and a quality defensive skill set. Signing Hayes wouldn’t be an expensive move because his contract would be an entry-level deal. This helps the Bruins, who according to CapGeek, are currently $809,143 over the salary cap."

Hopefully "a signing" will then be a prelude for some trades by PC whether or not the Bruins get Hayes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

Whomever wants this guy, is going to have to guarantee him a roster spot, and with the 3rd & 4th lines wide open, the Bruins are in the position to do that.

They are also a contender, and play in his home state.

Chiarelli probably has the contract filled out, and asked him what number he wants :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BigBadnBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whomever wants this guy, is going to have to guarantee him a roster spot, and with the 3rd & 4th lines wide open, the Bruins are in the position to do that.

Chiarelli probably has the contract filled out, and asked him what number he wants :)

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that 2 way league minimum will impress the heck outta him.  Hey maybe we can promise first line if he takes an iou contract.  Heard they are gonna be the new rage in boston.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Why so bitter, shupe?  The guy is going to get a $925K salary deal with bonuses.  The Bruins can afford that - assuming they need to afford it and he plays in Boston this year, which I am not convinced he will.  He's an EL player; that means he gets a two-way deal.  Whether or not he signs with Boston will have little to nothing to do with their current salary cap situation.

Are you not entertained?!?!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What's a "Loui contract" ?

Or I guess PC should have given Iggy $16M. 

Isn't that the new rage ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think, SanDog, that's an I.O.U. contract, which I assume some will take ironically and say Loui owes the Bruins a better season.

[object HTMLDivElement]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

In response to BigBadnBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah that 2 way league minimum will impress the heck outta him.  Hey maybe we can promise first line if he takes an iou contract.  Heard they are gonna be the new rage in boston.  

[/QUOTE]

What's the problem? He is going to get an identical contract, wherever he signs.  The bonus money is the IOU that I guess you're talking about, but given the current cap situation, it is a necessary avenue for the Bruins to explore.

Chiarelli has proven adept at finding gems at this age level. IF he is interested in this player, and none of us know if he is, he should at least be a cheaper upgrade on Shawn Thornton.

I don't see a downside to this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why so bitter, shupe?  The guy is going to get a $925K salary deal with bonuses.  The Bruins can afford that - assuming they need to afford it and he plays in Boston this year, which I am not convinced he will.  He's an EL player; that means he gets a two-way deal.  Whether or not he signs with Boston will have little to nothing to do with their current salary cap situation.

[/QUOTE]

Schultz finished his entry level deal and made near 3.7m with bonuses.  How can the Bruins afford this?   Not bitter at all.  He would be a nice add on.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Iggy lead the team in goals just like i said he would.  Then cashed a nice new deal outta it.  Where did we get 16m?  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Schultz finished his entry level deal and made near 3.7m with bonuses.  How can the Bruins afford this?   Not bitter at all.  He would be a nice add on.  

[/QUOTE]

With bonuses.  I'll be very surprised if Hayes gets offered $2.8M in bonuses, but even if he does, the bonuses will count against next year's cap.  Next year will require some management anyway, but if Hayes establishes that he's an NHL scoring line RW, it gets that much easier to figure out how to manage that cap situation.  I'd count that a win, and especially since, if the NHL proves too much for him, you can send his arze to the minors.

But I wouldn't offer him the potential to earn $3.7M.  Not for one year of decent NCAA numbers as a senior playing on the wing with the Hobey Baker winner.  He's not Justin Schultz...and even Justin Schultz has not proven to be what some expected (that is, Paul Coffey).  Not even close.

[object HTMLDivElement]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

With bonuses.  I'll be very surprised if Hayes gets offered $2.8M in bonuses, but even if he does, the bonuses will count against next year's cap.  Next year will require some management anyway, but if Hayes establishes that he's an NHL scoring line RW, it gets that much easier to figure out how to manage that cap situation.  I'd count that a win, and especially since, if the NHL proves too much for him, you can send his arze to the minors.

But I wouldn't offer him the potential to earn $3.7M.  Not for one year of decent NCAA numbers as a senior playing on the wing with the Hobey Baker winner.  He's not Justin Schultz...and even Justin Schultz has not proven to be what some expected (that is, Paul Coffey).  Not even close.

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Florida would have the resources to do this.  Add him with the young fwds they have and a chance to play top 6 and pp.....this would add to his resume for his next deal a lot better then playing in our system.  He seems to be about the cash.  Let him get it from a team like Florida.  

Im more then ok going into the season once we sign our rfa guys.  I just dont see the money adding up in our favor.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE]

What's a "Loui contract" ? [/QUOTE]

Where did we get 16m?  [/QUOTE]

What's a LouI contract ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE]

What's a "Loui contract" ? [/QUOTE]

Where did we get 16m?  [/QUOTE]

What's a LouI contract ?

[/QUOTE]

Who is "He"?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hu ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@ChrisKuc

"#Blackhawks officially announce they could not come to a contract agreement with Kevin Hayes. Forward will be unrestricted free agent."

Do it PC!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

@ChrisKuc

"#Blackhawks officially announce they could not come to a contract agreement with Kevin Hayes. Forward will be unrestricted free agent."

Do it PC!

[/QUOTE]

PC is pretty conservative I doubt he gets into this bidding war that has begun with his agent.

I think Bourke is going all in .  Then of course there's Tallon, he likes everything Chicago touches ; )

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

@ChrisKuc

Do it PC!

[/QUOTE]

PC is pretty conservative I doubt he gets into this bidding war that has begun with his agent.

I think Bourke is going all in .  Then of course there's Tallon, he likes everything Chicago touches ; )

[/QUOTE]

Calgary Florida are the 2 obvious choices but there are plenty of teams that can offer what he wants.  I hope the Bruins stay clear.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

@ChrisKuc

Do it PC!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Calgary Florida are the 2 obvious choices but there are plenty of teams that can offer what he wants.  I hope the Bruins stay clear.  

[/QUOTE]

I really don't understand this type of thinking.

This is a former 1st round pick with an extra 4 years of evaluation thrown in. If a GM likes the guy, and the player is still bound to an entry level contract, why not take a shot?

The bonus money only becomes a factor if he performs well enough, to make the bonuses. How is that a bad thing?

He's a right-handed shot with size (6' 4"). Two things the Bruins are lacking in their young players.

IF Chiarelli likes him, he would be foolish to not try and sign him.

Sections
Shortcuts