Ryan Malone, the "poor man's" Nash

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Ryan Malone, the "poor man's" Nash

Bruins should definitely look at this as a possible trade option. He has half of Nash's cap hit with all his size and a decent, Horton like offensive ability. Folks, something needs to be done. Again, as per usual, I like Caron as part of a package for him, along with perhaps Knight (but not Spooner or Koko) and our first pick this year.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Ryan Malone, the "poor man's" Nash

In Response to Ryan Malone, the "poor man's" Nash:
    Bruins should definitely look at this as a possible trade option. He has half of Nash's cap hit with all his size and a decent, Horton like offensive ability. Folks, something needs to be done. Again, as per usual, I like Caron as part of a package for him, along with perhaps Knight (but not Spooner or Koko) and our first pick this year.  
    Posted by OrrEspoCash

That's a bit much, imo. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

The way I look at it Caron's still a long shot to be anything more than a number 7 forward, Knight isn't a guarantee by any means, and 2012 projects to be a weak draft. That's why I thought it would be an ok exchange.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

I really like Nash but I agree with you OrrEspo. Malone would be a suitable replacement an injured Horton or instead of getting fleeced for Nash. Then if we get Horton back for the playoffs we'd look really strong. Get Tampa to throw in a depth D-man like Brett Clark or Kubina as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Malone is a good player, no where close to the skill level of Nash, Malone isnt worth Rask, but they'll ask for him. Tampa needs a goaltender more than any other team in the league, so any big deal with them will have to include a goalie. When it comes to Nash, I wouldn't be shocked to see Wsshington get involved. Leonsis looks around and sees Richards/Gaborik, Crosby/Malkin he may offer a package with Semin/Perrault/Carlson and possibly have them take Knuble of their hands or bury him in the minors. Washington has some young pieces and Semin to make the deal work.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i dont think Malone is even that close to Horton nevermind Nash, i've never been very high on him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan Malone, the "poor man's" Nash:
    i dont think Malone is even that close to Horton nevermind Nash, i've never been very high on him.
    Posted by fourrings

He's a good player, I'd take him on the Bruins but a poor mans Rick Nash may be a bit of a stretch, their games are totally different. A poor mans Gary Roberts I can live with.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Lelvana, I agree on your "poor man's Gary Roberts",and i have always liked Malone, but the bruins need a sniper. Pouliot should have been that peice, but he's not. OECash must have his pink glasses on when he watches Caron, who is playing a solid two way game, and is a keeper for the Bruins. Two other threads suggested putting Caron, who plays like Malone, with Kreji and Lucic, and when you think of how well he played with Bergeron two years ago [at age 18] the idea does have some merit. Still a sniper would help, and just maybe, Claude will insert Hennessey to see what he can do wsith Kreji and Lucic. That would allow Peverly to skate with Kelly and Caron for a reliable 3rd line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

4.5 mil per for the next three years for a player who's often injured....  no thanx....

plus his stats aren't that great for a guy who plays with the likes of Stamkos, St. Louis & Lecavalier....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

He's 32 and injury prone

He's the poor man's Erik Cole

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Kel, bogie called you Levana, I would take umbrage with that, hehe.  Malone is fine, the problem is what is the compensation.  Caron and a 1st, maybe if Tampa throws in a Eric Brewer! hehe. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

I hope Malone is not up for trade IMO. Certainly not with Clarke or Brewer. You can have Kubina, though. I am curious to see what happens with the goal tender situation. I am thinking Stevie is going to do nothing and wait til post season. This club is limping and no use positioning the team for this year. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I like Malone when he's healthy, but I do not like his contract one bit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

He has a bad contract.  Hard to swallow.  Nope. 

Sections
Shortcuts