Ryan Miller on the move ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ryan Miller on the move ?

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/21996949/nhl-trade-rumors-ryan-miller-discusses-trade-speculation

"Miller of course has been one of the Sabres mentioned in trade speculation and rumors over the past couple of months. Given that the trade deadline is on Wednesday and the Sabres are all but out of the playoff race (not to mention the fact general manager Darcy Regier recently said he's "open to anything" when it comes to potential moves) the possibility of a trade was brought up to Miller following Tuesday's game and whether or not worried or nervous about the next 15 hours."

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2013/04/ryan-millers-buffalo-townhouse-goes-up-for-sale.html

Downtown Buffalo condo up for sale...

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/26/sabres-miller-wont-handle-trade-rumors-the-way-roberto-did/related/

“I’m not going to try and handle it maybe the way Roberto did because I think the salary cap changing and a few other situations changing with regard to long-term contracts has already shifted [the market],” Miller explained. “I’m not saying he made bad decisions, I’m just saying it has all changed very quickly.

“He was operating with a contract that was signed with the last CBA. That’s hard and difficult to move that kind of contract because essentially that was Gary Bettman’s big thing was to close those [types of contracts] off. Trying to move something that they tried to get rid of is kind of a tough situation.”

I predict Ryan is gone (not real hard). Where does he go ? What can Buffalo get for him ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Ryan Miller on the move ?

I bet he's gone too.  They need a #1 center desperately and Miller needs a change.  Hope he goes some place where he stills plays Lucic a lot...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Who does Philly have as their #1 as of now? Ya think they may be calling to see the asking price?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think a Miller move might put TT in Buffalo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I bet he's gone too.  They need a #1 center desperately and Miller needs a change.  Hope he goes some place where he stills plays Lucic a lot...

I will never tired of watching Lucic run over that whiner. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Who does Philly have as their #1 as of now? Ya think they may be calling to see the asking price?

But they just got Mason

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

[QUOTE]

But they just got Mason

[/QUOTE]

So this year will be another year of mediocre goaltending in Philly then?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Sabres are only a year out from spending like a drunk thinking it would make them contenders under their new, crazy-rich owner.  They still owe a total of about $72M to Myers, Ehrhoff and Leino, and I wouldn't call that the "core" you want to build around for a full-scale rebuild.  But moving Miller would mean a full-on, old school rebuild, wouldn't it?  They have 4 unproven goalies in the system and Enrhoth.  Their forwards are embarassing after Vanek and maybe give them Hodgson - Leino, Stafford, Ennis, Ott.  That defense was basically helped shepherd Miller out the door by leaving him largely unprotected.

I would think they could challenge the Flames for worst team in the league if they deal Miller for futures.  They make the Panthers look like the Red Wings.

Are you not entertained?!?!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[/QUOTE]

So this year will be another year of mediocre goaltending in Philly then?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the comedy will continue IMO

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

But they just got Mason

They have Mason and Emery both on new deals. I don't see a market for Miller right now, near the trade deadline, yes, but not right now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

If they move Miller, they'll want to send Myers as well. I don't see them getting that center back they need...it'll have to be a salary dump.

Would love to see Winnipeg step up. They need to do something bold. Same with Tampa.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I think Miller is still a great goalie & will rebound on a decent team. Thomas to Buff could end up being another "Dryden, Parent, Ranford" nitemare against the B's. Hope he stays in the West. TT against his former team in the play-offs is a recipe for disaster IMO. I don't see Miller going to T-Bay, or Philly. Emery or Mason will get the job done there. You may see a team like the Av's, Flames, Dallas (only because Lethenon can't stay healthy) St. Louis is high on Allen, but needs some more experience. Look for the Blues to be looking at moving Elliot or Halek to make room for a Miller. The Jets are on the fence with Pavlec, so there's a chance they may go after him. They weren't crazy about giving ZB his big contract so there's a possibilty he could be part of the deal. Islanders aren't really set in goal yet. Nabby had a decent season, but fell apart in the play-offs. So, they may move a guy like Grabner or a Pierre-M- Bouchard for Miller as well. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I could see Miller landing on a California team such as the Sharks. His girlfriend/wife is from Los Angeles. The Sharks could also use an upgrade in goal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

I could see Miller landing on a California team such as the Sharks. His girlfriend/wife is from Los Angeles. The Sharks could also use an upgrade in goal.

Did you miss last year?   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

um. they're goalie was a Vezina finalist last season. The GMs believe he is a top 3 goalie in the NHL. I doubt they'll be looking for an upgrade. 

Philly can't do it. They have the need, they do not have the cap room. They aren't too much better off next season either. I wonder if Pittsburgh would be willing to do a Fleury for Miller swap, with another major asset going back to Buffalo. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I bet he's gone too.  They need a #1 center desperately and Miller needs a change.  Hope he goes some place where he stills plays Lucic a lot...

...and for his sake is not on a club as Lucic himself described after flattening Miller as "a different team" than the Bruins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

like i had mentioned in the rask threads.  Who needs a #1 goalie?   Very very very few.  The demand is simply not there.  The asking price is very high.  I dont see a trade happening.  One thought could be the Avs.   Statsny and a 2nd for Miller.  I still think thats a crazy over pay.  Buffalo could use a top line center. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think the Avs would be happy to get out from under Stastny's contract; in fact, I though that was your logic until you said "overpay".

You do have to look a little beyond the obvious on this, though.  Is there a team out there that has a #1, but not an Olympic Invitee?  A clever GM might look at his goaltending situation and think that Miller is too much of an upgrade to pass up even if it's a hassle to move/placate his existing guy. I could have seen the same with Rask if there was a team with the cap space to carry two #1s for a while.  If Rask was a) seen as an upgrade and b) a long term solution where the incumbent might be a UFA soon? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I'm dead serious here...can anyone explain to me how Darcy Regier still has his job???

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

I'm dead serious here...can anyone explain to me how Darcy Regier still has his job???

Because everyone else in the league needs a good laugh every once and a while. Regier gladly provides that, in spades.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

Because everyone else in the league needs a good laugh every once and a while. Regier gladly provides that, in spades.

Also now that Burke is gone, there isn't too much competition.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Also now that Burke is gone, there isn't too much competition.

Jay Feaster.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Jay Feaster.

Another great example, Red (Wideman 4 years left at $5.25 mil???), but Regier is still at another level.  He sent Ruff out to slaughter (I don't dispute that Ruff had to go, though) even though he was the one who spent Pegula's cash in the worst way imaginable, and now is orchestrating the dismissal of the best player in team history and still getting to manage the rebuild is simply amazing to me.  I guess the question is...how did Regier convince Pegula that Ruff was the problem and that he should be allowed to continue overseeing the well being of this franchise when he decided it was a good idea to pay 9 mil a year for Erhoff and Myers through 2019!!??? It boggles the mind.

I am so happy the Bruins have Chiarelli.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

This is the best line in Jay Feaster's bio on Wikipedia: "Though he had no background in hockey, Feaster preferred working with the hockey team, and quickly joined the organization as the assistant to the team's president..."

No.  Background.  In.  Hockey.

Now, he was the GM of record for the Lightning's only cup win, but how much credit can you give the guy?  He was assistant to Demers and Dudley, but only took the reins in 2002.  Here's the guys who were already in place in 2002: Richards, Lecavalier, St.Louis, Prospal, Andreychuk, Kubina, Modin, Boyle, Khabibulin, Afanasenkov, Tim Taylor, Sarich, Dingman.  He added Sydor, Fedotenko and Stillman.  Stillman was their second-leading scorer in the regular season, but had only 7 points in the Cup run.  Sydor had less impact than Kaberle had for Boston.  Fedotenko was good that playoffs with 12 goals.  1 of 3.  Tortorella was already hired.  What exactly did Feaster do to get credit here?  And in his tenure, they drafted 4 guys who would pay 200+ NHL games.  Most are marginal at best - Tarnasky, Lundin, Paul Ranger.  The exception was when they had completely crapped out from Cup team to worst team in hockey.  Then they got Stamkos.  (If you give PC credit for Kessel, Marchand and Lucic, he also has 4 - Seguin's the other.  He might end up with more if any of the prospects develop.  Feaster's prospects are pretty much timed out by now.)

Why did Calgary hire this guy?!?!?  As bad as they were after the Phaneuf deal, he has managed to find ways to make them worse.  How?  I...I...I just don't know.

The way this guy scorches the earth for franchises, the Feaster Famine will be a known term soon.  Regier looks like Bowman next to him.  And like Trotz, the longer you're someplace, the more you can get out of "what have you done for me lately?" territory and into "bird in the hand."  That is, if you have a guy who built a Cup finalist and a few other teams that have gone deep, all on a budget, you might keep him rather than risk hiring the next Jay Feaster.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Wow Book, thats interesting stuff. Looks like the Lightning won in spite of him, almost like he didnt have enough time to ruin the franchise before they could win the cup. I'd love to look back at the Iginla deal years from now, see how those two college kids turn out. I'd be willing ot bet the Bruins offer looks like the better one, and by a long shot in a few years. He took over a franchise in trouble and looks like he is making them worse.

Sections
Shortcuts