Ryan Miller rumor or Jim Matheson mumbo jumbo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ryan Miller rumor or Jim Matheson mumbo jumbo?

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/edmonton-oilers/hockey-world/Hockey+World+Former+scoring+machine+Ovechkin+running+empty/5773739/story.html

"We keep hearing that Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller is out with a concussion and wouldn’t mind if the Sabres traded him. His wife is a California-based actress, but the Los Angeles Kings have Jonathan Quick between the pipes. The Anaheim Ducks have Jonas Hiller as their starter and the San Jose Sharks seem happy with Antti Niemi in net. Buffalo needs a high-end centre, but they have holes elsewhere, too. I don’t see a market in California for Miller, whose game has dropped off after his 2010 Olympics heroics in Vancouver."

Tell me why it could be more than made up or this was concocted by the writer to just strat a rumor. I have to admit I don't only read his blog once every month maybe.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Ryan Miller rumor or Jim Matheson mumbo jumbo?

I think it's one of those plausible scenario type reports. I think it makes sense, but I don't know that there is really anything to it.  The guy's a good writer though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Matheson, in my opinion isn't a writer who throws things at the wall and sees what sticks. Would not shock me if Miller was upset enough to request a trade. California based wife is going to want children, and if your from California, your not going to raise your newborn in Buffalo. I think this might be his out. My guess is a 3 team trade with Jeff Carter involved.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Matheson is not a scrub writer, he's legit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It does make some possible sense.  I would disagree that Anaheim is happy with Hiller too.  He's been terrible.  They might be a trading partner.

I kind of doubt that the rumor is really out there, but I think that Matheson brings up a logical and realistic scenario.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Columbus needs a goalie, Buffalo needs a center.

Why not a trade centered around Carter and Miller. Columbus needs a center for Nash as well as a goalie though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Here are some tweets concerning our friend the piece of ... Miller

Bill Hoppe
    Ryan Miller took some shots this morning briefly, hopes to practice Wed. Insinuated he possibly didn't have a concussion.

Bill Hoppe
    Ryan Miller: "Symptom-wise, I think it was more neck, something where I aggravated a disc in my neck pretty good."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan Miller rumor or Jim Matheson mumbo jumbo?:
    [QUOTE]Here are some tweets concerning our friend the piece of ... Miller BillHoppeSabres Bill Hoppe # Sabres Ryan Miller took some shots this morning briefly, hopes to practice Wed. Insinuated he possibly didn't have a concussion. # Buffalo BillHoppeSabres Bill Hoppe # Sabres Ryan Miller: "Symptom-wise, I think it was more neck, something where I aggravated a disc in my neck pretty good." # Buffalo
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Odd, did the Sabres medical staff diagnose him or not?

Mind you Hoppe is drawinf the inference so I'll wait for the whole story before I call Miller a s cumbag   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

After Pacioretty's 'broken neck' and Miller's 'concussion', I'm going to diagnose the mild indigestion I have from breakfast as a massive heart attack and head home from work early...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]After Pacioretty's 'broken neck' and Miller's 'concussion', I'm going to diagnose the mild indigestion I have from breakfast as a massive heart attack and head home from work early...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    You may end up needing a note from an NHL doctor though. I would've thought these teams would have some of the best doctors available yet it seems they only need to be as accurate as a weatherman.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]After Pacioretty's 'broken neck' and Miller's 'concussion', I'm going to diagnose the mild indigestion I have from breakfast as a massive heart attack and head home from work early...

Fletch - I wish you a speedy recovery.

p.s. cut back on the bacon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Thanks guys, my recovery plan includes complaining to the media, watching movies, and tweeting.  I should be back and good as new in no time at all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan Miller rumor or Jim Matheson mumbo jumbo? : You may end up needing a note from an NHL doctor though. I would've thought these teams would have some of the best doctors available yet it seems they only need to be as accurate as a weatherman.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Yeah dez, I checked with Montreal's trainer and he believed I was suffering from a decapitation as well.  Better check it out with Dr. Recchi...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

the whole "wife is from Cali" angle seems like a stretch. I'm leaning more towards mumbo jumbo. Trade him to Phoenix, it's close to California.

The only thing hurt badly is his pride.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Players out of the line up never get traded until healthy.So he's either ready to come back soon or it's just internet b's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

A goalie with a 918 sv% isn't the problem.
    The Ducks aren't scoring and have a suspect defense, especially with Vishnovsky on the shelf. Their forwards not named Selanne are at least 75% of the problem.

[QUOTE]It does make some possible sense.  I would disagree that Anaheim is happy with Hiller too.  He's been terrible.  They might be a trading partner. I kind of doubt that the rumor is really out there, but I think that Matheson brings up a logical and realistic scenario.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Seobrien is it like Pronger wife's request from Edmonton!  Me thinks so.  If I am Buffalo I would entertain any trade offers for Ryan Miller.  The back up Swede is doable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]A goalie with a 918 sv% isn't the problem. The Ducks aren't scoring and have a suspect defense, especially with Vishnovsky on the shelf. Their forwards not named Selanne are at least 75% of the problem. In Response to Re: Ryan Miller rumor or Jim Matheson mumbo jumbo? :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

But they don't have that -- they have Jonas Hiller:

Wins - 5, Losses - 10, 3.22 GAA, .899 Save %

Hiller has allowed fewer than 3 goals in one of his last nine starts.  He has been pulled in 4 of his last 8 starts. 

He's been terrible.  Check your facts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

You can't be too careful. For relief, I prescribe your favorite adult beverage. Take internally. Repeat as needed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Don't veer off yer Chipolte flow Fletch but just ease ups on the beans...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Matheson's one of the best in the business. I read this and didn't necessarily think it was a hot rumor. But Miller doesn't seem like the best teammate and he was rumored to Detroit for a long time. If Enroth continues to play well, Buffalo may have to move him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Oops, somehow got his career number vs his season number.

Still, Hiller has had some bad games, and I've watched probably seven or eight Ducks games this year. If the Bruins defense played like that Bruins fans would be looking for Ian Moran, Matt Lashoff and Bobby Allen to upgrde it. Of note is that their shot blocked per game is down over last season, and their shots for is down against last season as well.

Did you honestly expect to be sitting here on November 29th with Bergeron, Seguin and Marchand out performing Getzlaf, Ryan and Perry?

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan Miller rumor or Jim Matheson mumbo jumbo? : But they don't have that -- they have Jonas Hiller: Wins - 5, Losses - 10, 3.22 GAA, .899 Save % Hiller has allowed fewer than 3 goals in one of his last nine starts.  He has been pulled in 4 of his last 8 starts.  He's been terrible.  Check your facts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Oops, somehow got his career number vs his season number. Still, Hiller has had some bad games, and I've watched probably seven or eight Ducks games this year. If the Bruins defense played like that Bruins fans would be looking for Ian Moran, Matt Lashoff and Bobby Allen to upgrde it. Of note is that their shot blocked per game is down over last season, and their shots for is down against last season as well. Did you honestly expect to be sitting here on November 29th with Bergeron, Seguin and Marchand out performing Getzlaf, Ryan and Perry? In Response to Re: Ryan Miller rumor or Jim Matheson mumbo jumbo? :

Well, I agree with you on their defense and Hiller seems to face more shots than just about any goalie in the league.  In past years he has dealt with that quite well, but this year he seems off.  If I were Anaheim, I would try to upgarde the defense first, then Hiller.  But if Miller is truly looking to go to Cali (who knows if that's true) then maybe Anaheim would be interested.  It's doubtful, but plausible.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Don't veer off yer Chipolte flow Fletch but just ease ups on the beans...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Never!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]Oops, somehow got his career number vs his season number. Still, Hiller has had some bad games, and I've watched probably seven or eight Ducks games this year. If the Bruins defense played like that Bruins fans would be looking for Ian Moran, Matt Lashoff and Bobby Allen to upgrde it. Of note is that their shot blocked per game is down over last season, and their shots for is down against last season as well. Did you honestly expect to be sitting here on November 29th with Bergeron, Seguin and Marchand out performing Getzlaf, Ryan and Perry? In Response to Re: Ryan Miller rumor or Jim Matheson mumbo jumbo? :

My black and gold sunglasses say yes. My brain says they could be about even if Seguin becomes what he has been billed as being.