Ryan Miller's post game comments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Ryan Miller's post game comments

A totally classless move by Miller calling Lucic a piece of sh*t not once but twice in the same interview. I know he was upset but those comments were uncalled for. He should be fined as well. You go 30 feet out of your net in a race for the puck, that's the chance you take. Old time hockey in Boston, I loved it !! Those comments may have just gotten Mr.Miller another date with Lucic the next time they play which is in less than 2 weeks in Buffalo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Re: Ryan Miller's post game comments

several other threads already open on this topic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

um you are 100% wrong, as a goalie you are not supposed to be hit like any other player period end of story Lucic was way out of line in hitting Miller. the Sabre response was weak which probably also pissed off Miller

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Milan Lucic got a penalty.   He got a penalty.  There's nothing to dispute there. 
    Miller is pissed because no one came to his defence, and he's gonna be the backup goalie by February because he's playing like a sissy. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Totally illegal hit, gave the guy a concussion, and you think the victim is in the wrong for talking smack in an interview?

That hit is one that all hockey fans should take offence to. I love the B's and Looch, but there is no place in the game for running a goalie like that. I hope Looch has a great season but can avoid situations like this. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'm sorry Miller got hurt. I'm sure that was not Lucic's intention and not doing everything possible to avoid the collision was likely a split second decision where emotion overcame reason. It was a penalty, and it was called. I'd rather see Lucic playing with emotion than worrying about the consequences. No player on the ice has more protection than the goalie... this is hockey, not tennis.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Thanks, i thought it was tennis you moron. Go learn hockey.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Moron? Good post. I thought people came here to discuss their opions?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Was it your opinion that you have to inform Ryan Miller he plays hockey and not tennis. It's my opinion that your comment was stupid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan Miller's post game comments:
    Moron? Good post. I thought people came here to discuss their opions?
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

The goalie lovers in here have their panties in a bunch.   The sacred goalies cant be touched.  Well dont play chicken with an 18 wheeler.  You will lose.  His drama flopping act(all goalies have this switch) was pretty impressive.  They set up all these rules to protect goalies and most use it as an advantage to draw pims.  They have more gear on then anyone.  They dive like they are shot.  Now Sally Miller has a concusion.  Should be a Disney film. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Yeah he flopped shupe.Getting hit by a 200lb plus player going full speed that results in a concussion is a flopper....real nice genius.

Have I once blamed Lucic? No. I blame the Sabres for not responding.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

I bet more goalies will stay in their grease now. If you cant hit the goalieor the goalie dont want to be hit like that. Dont come ot of your grease. They are all playing hockey here. Miller had this coming for along time. So he got hurt. Oh well, lets move on. If you cant hit the goalie in the grease thats fine. Once that goalie comes out to play the puck then it should be open season. This protecting of goalies in hockey or QB's in football is sick to me. They play the same game why do they have different rules?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yeah he flopped shupe.Getting hit by a 200lb plus player going full speed that results in a concussion is a flopper....real nice genius. Have I once blamed Lucic? No. I blame the Sabres for not responding.
    Posted by kelvana33

Yeah I am sure he has a really serious one.  Yawn.  He has been [playing brutal and is getting a rest.  Memo to Miller. Stay in the crease.  Boy you are testy tonight. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Thanks, i thought it was tennis you moron. Go learn hockey.
    Posted by kelvana33

I've only gone through half of my posts from yesterday and have seen 3 moron comments already from you attacking anybody and everyone. Not feeling to good yesterday ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

I'm sorry Miller got hurt. I'm sure that was not Lucic's intention and not doing everything possible to avoid the collision was likely a split second decision where emotion overcame reason. It was a penalty, and it was called. I'd rather see Lucic playing with emotion than worrying about the consequences. No player on the ice has more protection than the goalie... this is hockey, not tennis.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

You can use that as an excuse for every questionable hit that we see. The thing is you have to use your head & if not you must be held accountable for it. What Lucic did was wrong. You don't run a goalie like that in todays NHL. He deserves a suspension for that. Lucic has to be smarter.

I also have no issue with Miller's postgame remarks. The guy got ran by a 230 pound forward and now may miss significant time. I don't understand Bruins fans getting upset over Cooke hit on Savard and having no issue with this one.

When was the last time we seen a goalie hit like that? When that play happens I usually see the fwd do everything possible to avoid the goalie.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan Miller's post game comments : You can use that as an excuse for every questionable hit that we see. The thing is you have to use your head & if not you must be held accountable for it. What Lucic did was wrong. You don't run a goalie like that in todays NHL. He deserves a suspension for that. Lucic has to be smarter. I also have no issue with Miller's postgame remarks. The guy got ran by a 230 pound forward and now may miss significant time. I don't understand Bruins fans getting upset over Cooke hit on Savard and having no issue with this one. When was the last time we seen a goalie hit like that? When that play happens I usually see the fwd do everything possible to avoid the goalie.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

newfie, i agree with everything you said if we were talking about miller and lucic meeting somewhere NEAR the goal, where there is no scoring chance. i know the "no touch" policy, but if miller is going to skate directly at a charging lucic out to the dots... sorry if you get clipped. this rule is a joke. how many times in this situation do we see the skater and the goalie meet(goalie going low to poke check the puck away, skater flying over top the goalie, crashing into the boards). usually this is how the goalie avoids contact- which really puts the skater in a compromised position. miller chose to stand his ground against a big dude, bad choice. this is a penalty, not a suspension. shame on the sabres med staff for allowing their cash cow back onto the ice after he suffered an alleged concussion. miller should be irked, AT HIS TEAMMATES, for not coming to his defense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan Miller's post game comments : You can use that as an excuse for every questionable hit that we see. The thing is you have to use your head & if not you must be held accountable for it. What Lucic did was wrong. You don't run a goalie like that in todays NHL. He deserves a suspension for that. Lucic has to be smarter. I also have no issue with Miller's postgame remarks. The guy got ran by a 230 pound forward and now may miss significant time. Posted by Newfiebullet

We disagree. I don't think it can be said that "he got ran by a 230 pound forward." That implies intent to injure. He was a split-second from winning the race and he braced himself for impact. You could see his feet were no longer moving, contact was at the shoulder and he stopped immediately after instead of following through (Where is the suspension?)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

I bet more goalies will stay in their grease now. If you cant hit the goalieor the goalie dont want to be hit like that. Dont come ot of your grease. They are all playing hockey here. Miller had this coming for along time. So he got hurt. Oh well, lets move on. If you cant hit the goalie in the grease thats fine. Once that goalie comes out to play the puck then it should be open season. This protecting of goalies in hockey or QB's in football is sick to me. They play the same game why do they have different rules?
    Posted by PAULICAS1975

you can think it should be open season in that instance but the fact is that IT ISN'T it's a rule , you wouldnt be saying this if it was Kaleta hitting thomas or Rask would you. please learn the rules before commenting  Yell

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

I didn't see the interview but did Miller make mention of the two handed tomohawk chop swing that he took at Lucic? Hypocrit!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

As a goalie, in my opinion it was a dirty hit worthy of a penalty.  I think it was an absolutely stupid play by Lucic and he had plenty of time to avoid the hit.  However, it was definitely not worthy of a suspension because there was no targetting the head or intent to injure.  The league got it right.  Miller had every right to be pissed off as it was a cheap hit, but as stated in numerous other posts he should be more pissed at his teammates than anything for not sticking up for their franchise goalie. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Ive watched the replay of the hit several times and and several different camera angles. If you watch Lucic, he is hunched over and stops skating, but then almost realizes at the last second that the collision is unavoidable. He straightens his body and runs into Miller. He never raised his arms when he hit Miller. It wasnt til after the collision do his arms extend. But Miller totally throws a shoulder into Lucic. I think Miller knew it was coming, and was trying to protect himself, by getting the better of Lucic by leaning in with the shoulder. Lucic's extra weight and speed was the difference. But I do think maybe Lucic, was thinking Miller would play the puck and maybe move enough to get out of the way. Who knows, the game happens so fast.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

The Bruins showed the entire Eastern Conference that the Sabres are wimpy, and that they got their nasty edge back.  I'm sure everyone got that message loud and clear.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

um you are 100% wrong, as a goalie you are not supposed to be hit like any other player period end of story Lucic was way out of line in hitting Miller. the Sabre response was weak which probably also pissed off Miller
    Posted by fourrings
    I don't think the OP is 100 % totally wrong.Now,I don't think Lucic should have done it but Miller should have been aware that something like that may happen if you are going to charge out of your net like that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Here's the part where I don't respect Miller - not that I have for a while.  Lucic is supposed to have either given up early on a race for the puck or found some way to launch himself one way or the other to avoid colliding with Miller?  In a split second decision?  But Miller has no responsibility for acting like a child, swearing repeatedly to the media, and taking pot shots at Lucic to the media rather than say it to his face because...he was upset?  He hung around for two hours to make those comments.  He wasn't caught in a moment of choler.  

Collisions happen in hockey - not just deliberate hits, but collisions where a race for the puck or a misread of another player leads to a collision.  There are 40 highlights a year of teammates laying "the best hit of the game" on one another because they're both racing to a spot or focused on the play.  There is a huge difference between that kind of play and Lucic "running" Miller.  Guy is racing after a puck on a breakway; his last thought is "boy, I hope I can run their goalie!"  The way Miller's playing, it would be bad strategy to look for Enroth.  And even if Lucic doesn't win that race, what's he supposed to do - let Miller stand there and handle the puck or do whatever he wants with it?  Didn't the play start because Lucic was in the lane?  If he blocks Miller's clear, he would have an empty net goal.  And if Lucic had managed to block the puck and was on his way to retrieve it, would Miller get an interference penalty for impeding his progress?

There was nothing "dirty" about what Lucic did.  It was a penalty, sure, by rule.  But there was no malicious intent, no deliberate action to try to get Miller off his game or on to the bench.  Apparently, Shanahan agrees.  Triple Lindy is back to the diving pool.

Sections
Shortcuts