Ryan O'Reilly anyone

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Ryan O'Reilly anyone

TSN says the Av's are looking to move him. They want a top 6 & a prospect for him. Horton, or DK with maybe a Camara? Would this be sufficent? If not what would? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Ryan O'Reilly anyone

Your sarcastic buddy will come on this thread and say Bruins should trade :

MacDermid, Knight, 4th round pick  for O'Reilly

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Your sarcastic buddy will come on this thread and say Bruins should trade :

MacDermid, Knight, 4th round pick  for O'Reilly

'

Oh I know it! There will be more than one ashhole making comments.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Horton is a ufa with concusion issues.  DK possibly.   He would be a nice pickup. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I hear Philly is in on it and might be offering Couturier and a high pick.

Remember O'Reilly wants $25m from whoever gets him...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Maybe, but can he shoot the puck? The Bruins have two lines that can score; they have a third line that can skate with anyone, and should never be scored on; and the so-called " Merlot" line which tries to stir things up, but suffers from Thornton's limitations; Paille helps on penalty kills and defense; and Campbell plays fairly well wherever he skates. None of the bottom six can be counted upon to score. As we saw in the Rangers game, when the top two lines and the defense, are sloppy, the Bruins are not really in the game. Until the last 3 minutes only Kreji and Bergeron played well; the defense passing was lousy with behind the back to noone, or to the rangers; or passing to a forward who is covered by two opponents; that seems to be a Chara specialty this year. Claude needs to kick some butt, or Peter needs to change a few

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Obviously O'Reilly wants out of Denver.....and Sherman will oblige. No GM wants to sign someone long term who does not want to be there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Way too much in my opinion.  Maybe for Ryan.  But thats a lot.  couturier is a fine young player.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Obviously O'Reilly wants out of Denver.....and Sherman will oblige. No GM wants to sign someone long term who does not want to be there.

Ive heard nothing but how awesome denver is.  Would love to visit there.  Then fletch and i can finish this.  Haha. He better go to one knee

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Apparently john denver is full of s hit though.   Dumb n dumber reference.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Ive heard nothing but how awesome denver is.  Would love to visit there.  Then fletch and i can finish this.  Haha. He better go to one knee

heh....I, of course was referring to the organization which seems to be stuck in neutral.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

heh....I, of course was referring to the organization which seems to be stuck in neutral.

Yeah i agree.  One step fwd.  two back.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

yes Philly is shopping for more scoring like 3-4 other teams.  Avs price will be high but I could see Flyers being the most aggressive.  Sabre's also in on it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Was expecting the Rockies to be a little rockier...

Couple things, I don't think O'Reilly wanted out of Denver, at least not until recently.  The beat writers say he loved it here, but simply wanted a big, long-term contract.  They put him on the ice as an 18-year old who'd just been drafted in the 3rd round.  He seemed infinitely grateful.  Since Colorado is utterly incompetent in signing their roster every year he will probably exit (they prefer to throw huge contracts at Stastny and the likes of Darcy Tucker instead of their key players).

Sherman is a puppet for Pierre Lacroix, who still runs things there.  Poorly.  Horrible front office.

I think Philly would be getting a steal with Couturier for O'Reilly.  Couturier has questionable work ethic and seems to be falling behind some other forward prospects there (Schenn, Read).  O'Reilly was a beast last year.  By far Colorado's best player and leading scorer.  He's 21, a total rink rat, and a guy who plays in every situation.  I'm telling you, he was inspiring to watch, works like a dog and plays smart.  Kinda reminds me of Bergeron. I went to the Avs game Monday night and there were more O'Reilly jerseys than anyone else.  Fan displeasure is at boycott proportions here.

I can see shupe dropping his keys and then driving punches into me while I bend down to grab them for him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

TSN says the Av's are looking to move him. They want a top 6 & a prospect for him. Horton, or DK with maybe a Camara? Would this be sufficent? If not what would? 

At this point DK is probebly our best player so yes lets trade him...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to fishfinger's comment:

Agree,  cannot trade DK46 right now,  I don't think anyone can step in and be a no1 offensive Center as he is,  not even Seguin .  It'll create a big hole unless they get something else from the outside.  IMO Krejci is not tradeable at this point .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Krejci should be as untouchable as anyone in the organization.  I cannot believe that he is the first or second person that people suggest we move.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Also: we dont need a center.

We have like 7.

Krejci

Bergeron

Peverly

Seguin

Spooner

Kelly

Campbell

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Agree,  cannot trade DK46 right now,  I don't think anyone can step in and be a no1 offensive Center as he is,  not even Seguin .  It'll create a big hole unless they get something else from the outside.  IMO Krejci is not tradeable at this point .

Thank You!!!  Its almost like these fans think: if physicality isnt his game, I dont want him.  No matter how skilled he is.

Guys , not every player on your team needs to be physical!!!

You need a balanced team.  You need guys like Krejci.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Technically we have another in Marchand. At least according to NHL 12. lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Maybe, but can he shoot the puck? The Bruins have two lines that can score; they have a third line that can skate with anyone, and should never be scored on; and the so-called " Merlot" line which tries to stir things up, but suffers from Thornton's limitations; Paille helps on penalty kills and defense; and Campbell plays fairly well wherever he skates. None of the bottom six can be counted upon to score. As we saw in the Rangers game, when the top two lines and the defense, are sloppy, the Bruins are not really in the game. Until the last 3 minutes only Kreji and Bergeron played well; the defense passing was lousy with behind the back to noone, or to the rangers; or passing to a forward who is covered by two opponents; that seems to be a Chara specialty this year. Claude needs to kick some butt, or Peter needs to change a few

You made a lot of good comments.  Please review what I have bolded and then reconsider your answer to the question: should we trade Krejci (the line 1 catalyst) ?

The answer is no.  Not maybe.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

FIRST OFF I NEVER SAID TO TRADE ANYONE!! SO KISS MY ASH, 2ND OF ALL I ASKED A QUESTION IF THIS IS THE KIND OF PLAYERS THE AV'S WOULD WANT! SO GO TAKE YOUR FINGER & SHOVE INTO A STINKY QUIFF!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Drewski, I think the suggestions of moving Krejci are not about his skill or importance at the moment (I know he's one of my favorites).  It's more about the reality that somebody probably has to go at center soon for both playing time and cap reasons.  Seguin obviously projects to be a top two center and will want to be paid as such.  Bergeron seems like such a core piece of the team and is also a top two center.  Krejci can't get paid what he will deserve in the next contract and then be put on the 3rd line.  He also has a lot of trade value.  So I think that people believe one of the Seguin-Bergeron-Krejci trio will have to go.  It's not crazy to think it will be Krejci.  The assumption behind that is that Seguin will pick up his offensive production as he matures.  Seems reasonable.  And Peverly is a pretty good 3rd line center, if needed there.

What doesn't make sense to me is dealing him for another top two center who makes a lot of money.  That's O'Reilly.  So we'd still have the same problem.  You can't tie up 1/3rd of the teams payroll on three centers.  If Krejci gets moved it should be for a quality winger or D-man.

But I'd probably agree, he's too valuable to deal right now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I like O'Reiily, and certainly Fletch has the most knowledge about him, but is he that much better than Krejci? I don't think so. Then factor in he hasn't played and the way Krejci is playing, doesn't make sense for the Bruins to do this. Very good young player, but Fletch, I'm a big Matt Duchene fan, you think O'Relly is that much  better then him and Landeskog?

One thing about the Avs, they have those forwards, but for me, they don't seem to gel together, like something is missing. Even when they are all healthy. Stastny is a good player, but he doesn't seem like a fit there. Losing Steve Downie hurt them..perhaps too many left handed shots..I don't know.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Everyone get down!  nite's off his meds again!

nite, this is all the result of e-harmony.  Sure you won't reconsider the wisdom of this kind of thread?

Sections
Shortcuts