Ryan O'Reilly anyone

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Ryan O'Reilly anyone

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I like O'Reiily, and certainly Fletch has the most knowledge about him, but is he that much better than Krejci? I don't think so. Then factor in he hasn't played and the way Krejci is playing, doesn't make sense for the Bruins to do this. Very good young player, but Fletch, I'm a big Matt Duchene fan, you think O'Relly is that much  better then him and Landeskog?

One thing about the Avs, they have those forwards, but for me, they don't seem to gel together, like something is missing. Even when they are all healthy. Stastny is a good player, but he doesn't seem like a fit there. Losing Steve Downie hurt them..perhaps too many left handed shots..I don't know.

No, I didn't explain myself well.  

I don't think O'Reilly is better than Krejci overall, and I'm not sure if he's any better than Duchene or Landeskog.  But he was better than them last year.  While those guys went through slumps and injuries, O'Reilly was the team leader and best player by far.  I think he would have been captain this year if he had been signed. 

I think Krejci, Duchene, and Landeskog are probably all more talented than O'Reilly.  But O'Reilly outworks them all and seems to have that ability to raise his game, score big goals, and be a bear to play against.  He's a fan favorite.  So as you balance skill and blue collar workers on your roster, you get some of each with O'Reilly.  

But you also need pure talent and skill like Krejci and Duchene on the roster, so in deciding which guy is most desired, you really need to look at what your team needs most.

I wouldn't trade Krejci for O'Reilly.  But for a team like Buffalo, who is really short at center, I'd give up a lot to get him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I see O'Reilly is 22 yrs old and has 39 career goals. What is it that makes him think he is worth 5mil a year? Played with Landeskog and got 18 goals. Is he better than Duchesne? I don't know, i think the kid and his agent are overvaluing themselves regardless of comparables. Subban settled for what he deserved realistically and so should O'Reilly. If he likes it in Colorado, why the hardball stance ? Some team might overpay for him though. If Columbus got what they did for Nash and his ability, what can the Avalanche expect ? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Drewski, I think the suggestions of moving Krejci are not about his skill or importance at the moment (I know he's one of my favorites).  It's more about the reality that somebody probably has to go at center soon for both playing time and cap reasons.  Seguin obviously projects to be a top two center and will want to be paid as such.  Bergeron seems like such a core piece of the team and is also a top two center.  Krejci can't get paid what he will deserve in the next contract and then be put on the 3rd line.  He also has a lot of trade value.  So I think that people believe one of the Seguin-Bergeron-Krejci trio will have to go.  It's not crazy to think it will be Krejci.  The assumption behind that is that Seguin will pick up his offensive production as he matures.  Seems reasonable.  And Peverly is a pretty good 3rd line center, if needed there.

What doesn't make sense to me is dealing him for another top two center who makes a lot of money.  That's O'Reilly.  So we'd still have the same problem.  You can't tie up 1/3rd of the teams payroll on three centers.  If Krejci gets moved it should be for a quality winger or D-man.

But I'd probably agree, he's too valuable to deal right now.

Fletch , we are in first place with like 8 M in cap room (12 if you LTIR Savard, which they havent yet done).  Maybe if we tank, trade him in the offseason.  But dont trade your line 1 point per game center, when you are in first place!!

The Bruins should be focusing on the present not the future.  If we do make a move, Id move picks.  Id be willing to move a first round pick for the right guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I like O'Reiily, and certainly Fletch has the most knowledge about him, but is he that much better than Krejci? I don't think so. Then factor in he hasn't played and the way Krejci is playing, doesn't make sense for the Bruins to do this. Very good young player, but Fletch, I'm a big Matt Duchene fan, you think O'Relly is that much  better then him and Landeskog?

One thing about the Avs, they have those forwards, but for me, they don't seem to gel together, like something is missing. Even when they are all healthy. Stastny is a good player, but he doesn't seem like a fit there. Losing Steve Downie hurt them..perhaps too many left handed shots..I don't know.

No, I didn't explain myself well.  

I don't think O'Reilly is better than Krejci overall, and I'm not sure if he's any better than Duchene or Landeskog.  But he was better than them last year.  While those guys went through slumps and injuries, O'Reilly was the team leader and best player by far.  I think he would have been captain this year if he had been signed. 

I think Krejci, Duchene, and Landeskog are probably all more talented than O'Reilly.  But O'Reilly outworks them all and seems to have that ability to raise his game, score big goals, and be a bear to play against.  He's a fan favorite.  So as you balance skill and blue collar workers on your roster, you get some of each with O'Reilly.  

But you also need pure talent and skill like Krejci and Duchene on the roster, so in deciding which guy is most desired, you really need to look at what your team needs most.

I wouldn't trade Krejci for O'Reilly.  But for a team like Buffalo, who is really short at center, I'd give up a lot to get him.

Fair.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I see O'Reilly is 22 yrs old and has 39 career goals. What is it that makes him think he is worth 5mil a year? Played with Landeskog and got 18 goals. Is he better than Duchesne? I don't know, i think the kid and his agent are overvaluing themselves regardless of comparables. Subban settled for what he deserved realistically and so should O'Reilly. If he likes it in Colorado, why the hardball stance ? Some team might overpay for him though. If Columbus got what they did for Nash and his ability, what can the Avalanche expect ? 

I personally think that the offer to O'Reilly was pretty fair and he should do it for another year or two before asking for the big contract.  It's the Avs penchant for letting valuable peices get away for little return that is more worrisome.  O'Reilly is asking for a lot as a young player with one really good season under his belt, no doubt.  

That said, two things:

-Don't judge him on his stats, although he did lead the team in scoring last year.  O'Reilly started the season as the 3rd center last year and got a lot less time than Duchene and Stastny to begin with.  He outplayed them running away and moved up to the first line eventually.  He is one of the best faceoff men and penalty killers in the NHL already.  Landeskog has insane potential, but playing with him as a very raw teenage rookie last year did not mean O'Reilly was reaping any rewards.  He played with a lot of different linemates, none being spectacular.

-Whether he deserves the contract or not, teams are now lining up to pay him his $25m and part with some valuable assets to do it (if we are to believe the media reports).  If the market ultimately determines his value, the current bidding war for the right to pay him $5m a year has to be revealing on some level.  His reputation around the league seems to be stellar.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Fletch , we are in first place with like 8 M in cap room (12 if you LTIR Savard, which they havent yet done).  Maybe if we tank, trade him in the offseason.  But dont trade your line 1 point per game center, when you are in first place!!

The Bruins should be focusing on the present not the future.  If we do make a move, Id move picks.  Id be willing to move a first round pick for the right guy.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Don't trade Krejci.  Yet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

That said, two things:

-Don't judge him on his stats, although he did lead the team in scoring last year.  O'Reilly started the season as the 3rd center last year and got a lot less time than Duchene and Stastny to begin with.  He outplayed them running away and moved up to the first line eventually.  He is one of the best faceoff men and penalty killers in the NHL already.  Landeskog has insane potential, but playing with him as a very raw teenage rookie last year did not mean O'Reilly was reaping any rewards.  He played with a lot of different linemates, none being spectacular.

-Whether he deserves the contract or not, teams are now lining up to pay him his $25m and part with some valuable assets to do it (if we are to believe the media reports).  If the market ultimately determines his value, the current bidding war for the right to pay him $5m a year has to be revealing on some level.  His reputation around the league seems to be stellar.

If this is the case, whats with the Avalanche? Is it just a mater of principle or they don't want to set the bar too high for future negotiations? If he's got that much talent and potential, why would the Avalanche deal him ? So many questions! Hah.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Fletch, Buffalo would be a perfect fit for him, perhaps a deal involving Tyler Myers  who was recently benched and say a foward like Gerbe. Be a good fit for Vanek, a guy who works hard, has some skill etc..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Fletch, Buffalo would be a perfect fit for him, perhaps a deal involving Tyler Myers  who was recently benched and say a foward like Gerbe. Be a good fit for Vanek, a guy who works hard, has some skill etc..

a healthy scratch getting 5.5 and a f'5" 3rd/4th liner for him? think you'd have to throw in a first rounder

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Everyone get down!  nite's off his meds again!

nite, this is all the result of e-harmony.  Sure you won't reconsider the wisdom of this kind of thread?

I don't have an issue with someone being sacastic, but at least be accurate with what you're accusing someone of. I never said to trade anyone. So, stop being a dick I got my meds refilled  3 days ago & take them hourly. ;-p

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Good man!

Honestly, nite, I don't know how much was fish being sarcastic about what you said and how much was that this kind of discussion is immediately going to go down that road.  It's still going!  It's now about trading Krejci as much as it is about getting O'Reilly.  That should have ended with Fletch saying "if you trade Krejci, it's because they have a lot of centres, so don't trade him for a centre." But the whole thing is going to require you to up your dosage before it's done, and all because of the e-harmony game.

Come over to the dark side, man.  One of us...one of us...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Good man!

Honestly, nite, I don't know how much was fish being sarcastic about what you said and how much was that this kind of discussion is immediately going to go down that road.  It's still going!  It's now about trading Krejci as much as it is about getting O'Reilly.  That should have ended with Fletch saying "if you trade Krejci, it's because they have a lot of centres, so don't trade him for a centre." But the whole thing is going to require you to up your dosage before it's done, and all because of the e-harmony game.

Come over to the dark side, man.  One of us...one of us...

OK fair enough, but I also threw Horton in the mix with Camara to bring O'Reilly. Not my fault the other posters stuck to the whole DK thing. I was asking for people's opinion. Never said this guy should go, or that guy should go. There was other posters on here that said it. That's who fish should've made that comment to. Not me. I know how these trade threads can get out of hand, but that's why I simply asked what, if anything do the B's have to offer to get a player like this. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think Buffalo is a great fit for O'Reilly, but I also struggle with what they would offer the Avs that would make sense.  Tyler Myers is at the rock bottom of his short career right now and makes too much money.  Hodgson would be desirable but he's currently the #1 center on the Buffalo rsoter that is searching for centers, so no.  We all know John Scott is a huge difference maker, but...I kid...I kid

I think it would take a roster player like Gerbe or Foligno and then one of their blue chip prospects -- Grigorenko, Armia, or Girgensons.  Don't know if they can beat what others are offering.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The other thing no one is really talking about is how great Ryan O'Reilly was on Oz.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The other thing no one is really talking about is how great Ryan O'Reilly was on Oz.

I always thought he was one of the least believable characters there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Just thinking about this, Calgary would be a great fit, and just hearing how Erik Johnson is injured perhaps the new G.M in Columbus wants to start over,or just start something, a package deal involving Jack Johnson would be a good fit.

Fletch, any chances cooler heads prevail here and he gets signed or is it passed that?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Just thinking about this, Calgary would be a great fit, and just hearing how Erik Johnson is injured perhaps the new G.M in Columbus wants to start over,or just start something, a package deal involving Jack Johnson would be a good fit.

Fletch, any chances cooler heads prevail here and he gets signed or is it passed that?

I'm no insider, but it sure doesn't sound like it.  For months we have heard that the sides are 'talking' and the Avs are not even looking at trades for him.  That all changed this week, and the team admitted they are no longer talking to O'Reilly's camp at all.  The front office (Lacroix) has a long history of trenching themselves in on offers and shipping out anyone who holds out for more (Drury, Fleischman, Anderson, Lapierre, Mueller, etc.).  I think it's over.

But, if they listened to the fans at all (I know, naive to even mention it) there is almost a viral reaction to the news today and every website I have seen is blowing up with "last straw" talk from fans.  There have been chants for O'Reilly at recent games, and judging from the 5000 empty seats at the games I go to, people aren't necessarily bluffing.  Denver can be a spoiled sports town, and there isn't much tolerance for a team that doesn't try to win.  The Avs popularity is plummeting to levels typically seen south of the Mason-Dixon line.  Maybe the front office will wise up, but I doubt it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Krejci, Camara and a pick for O'Reilly

My response:  Oh my God pull the trigger.

Colorado's response:  LOL.  Good one.

Come on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

PC wouldn't pay more for Kessel, at such a young age (rfa), why would he pay more for O'Reilly who has scored less ?

Also Chiarelli isn't going to bring in anyone that doesn't have an expiring contract. Too much to do this summer and isn't going to overpay via a trade for a young, unproven player.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

PC wouldn't pay more for Kessel, at such a young age (rfa), why would he pay more for O'Reilly who has scored less ?

Also Chiarelli isn't going to bring in anyone that doesn't have an expiring contract. Too much to do this summer and isn't going to overpay via a trade for a young, unproven player.

Thank You Sandog. That is a very reasonable response! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Krejci, Camara and a pick for O'Reilly

My response:  Oh my God pull the trigger.

Colorado's response:  LOL.  Good one.

Come on.

Nite's response: Hey NAS how about we play a nice game of Hide & Go F urself! _l_

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Apparently john denver is full of s hit though.   Dumb n dumber reference.  

awesome reel.... Jeff Daniels' haircut alone was worth the price of admission