ryan spooner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

ryan spooner

he has to make this team. but where can he play? he's obviously a natural center, and a left handed shot, but could he play the off wing? He looks to good to send down. 

Stanley, please don't steal this thread, this has nothing to do with smith, or peverley, it is about spooner only. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Re: ryan spooner

Spooner belongs with Paille ... SPEED!!!  However Thornton's there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Kelly has shown he's capable on the wing - push Kelly over with Spooner in the middle and Soderberg on the left maybe? Give Johnson a crack at Thornton's spot?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Kelly has shown he's capable on the wing - push Kelly over with Spooner in the middle and Soderberg on the left maybe? Give Johnson a crack at Thornton's spot?

how about thornton goes to the ninth floor, they try smith and soderberg with spooner in the  middle and go paille campbell kelly on the fourth. certainly makes the bruins deeper

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Either he or Kelly will have to go.  Krejci and Bergeron are going to be Bruins until Spooner is in his 30's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Either he or Kelly will have to go.  Krejci and Bergeron are going to be Bruins until Spooner is in his 30's.

i think the two can co-exist for one season and one season only, then i agree with you. my vote is kelly goes. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

ST is slower than ever and he wont play too many games this season...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I'm guessing he plays another year in Providence. He will likely be the first call up should a center be injured. Also puts some pressure on Chris Kelly to play better than he did last year. If he doesn't have a good season I wouldn't be shocked if he's gone after next year, with Spooner assuming his role - if he has another good year with Providence. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

20% in the faceoff dot, other than that Spooner looks good. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Spooner has to be on the top two lines playing with people who can score for his talents to be utilized properly. He's a playmaker. But, like NAS said, Bergeron and Krejci are in his way.

I say send to Providence where he can make plays, rack up points etc..then see what happens via injuries or traded market. I like the kid, I like his game, but he needs to be on someones top two lines.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Got the sense from the Bruins.com video that Spooner's already aware of his fate.  Down he goes, and if he plays well, he's the first guy on the speed dial.  Spooner said it (set at C, so if I go down, I need to show I should be the first call up) and Julien all but confirmed (we're going to have to make a tough call - might not be sending him down, but...).

I'd like to see him play with more talent in Providence and maybe put up better than a point/game total.  Tardif and Bourque are good AHL players - maybe Johnson and Fraser make him even better?

Are you not entertained?!?!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Faded as the gam went on.

Was the best Bruins periods 1 and 2. 

Chowdah can probably attest to this but Spooner is a much improved skater since his junior days.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Got the sense from the Bruins.com video that Spooner's already aware of his fate.  Down he goes, and if he plays well, he's the first guy on the speed dial.  Spooner said it (set at C, so if I go down, I need to show I should be the first call up) and Julien all but confirmed (we're going to have to make a tough call - might not be sending him down, but...).

I'd like to see him play with more talent in Providence and maybe put up better than a point/game total.  Tardif and Bourque are good AHL players - maybe Johnson and Fraser make him even better?

You think Bergeron and Campbell will be ready to start the season ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

[QUOTE]

Faded as the gam went on.

Was the best Bruins periods 1 and 2. 

Chowdah can probably attest to this but Spooner is a much improved skater since his junior days.

[/QUOTE]

My thoughts as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He's looked a lot faster, anyway. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Not a knock against the Bruins drafting, but this might be an unfortunate by-product of Chia's propensity for drafting center, center, center. I hope NAS is right and the Bruins first two line centers are here for the next 8 years, but sometimes those great center prospects become just above average wingers whether it be wrong body-type or whatever. I hope Soderberg and Spooner don't go the way of that other guy that used to be a Bruin when he wasnt out carousing!

Lets GO BRUINS!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Spooner has shown good skills as a center, speed , good hands, good passing; probably back to Providence to learn skill at PK and called up whenever Campbell needs rest. Claude must relegate Thornton this year as there are too many alternatives with greater skills and speed. Kelly's line has been very solid, and Kelly is still an excellent PK leader. Iginla is not a good candidate for Kreji's PK partner, so save him for his goals and offense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

how about thornton goes to the ninth floor, they try smith and soderberg with spooner in the  middle and go paille campbell kelly on the fourth. certainly makes the bruins deeper

I would love this.  People are saying he has to be top 6.  I think given his noted two way play he can definitely be a fit on the third line.  I know how important the faceoff dot is to this team, but when he works that out I would expect him to lay his claim to that spot.  Kelly is not the type of player who should hold up the progress of a top prospect.  I think ST's role has been diminishing over the past few years and I expect that to continue this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Unfortunately, that's a key component of the position.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

I'm guessing he plays another year in Providence. He will likely be the first call up should a center be injured. Also puts some pressure on Chris Kelly to play better than he did last year. If he doesn't have a good season I wouldn't be shocked if he's gone after next year, with Spooner assuming his role - if he has another good year with Providence. 

i think this is spot on, Spooner has really improved and looks NHL ready but it's up to a veteran player to lose his spot before he comes up

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

He was flying the first 2 periods but did fade.

I love the idea of #22 on the 9th floor, making the bottom 6:

Kelly/Campbell/Paille

Smith/Spooner/Soderberg

Unfortunately, there is nothing in CJ's history that would suggest he'd ever go with 2.5 rookies on a line and bench his boy Thornton (or any "cagey" vet for that matter)

My guess would be the same as everyone else's. Spooner starts in Prov and has to earn his way as the first callup.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

Kelly/Campbell/Paille

Smith/Spooner/Soderberg

Unfortunately, there is nothing in CJ's history that would suggest he'd ever go with 2.5 rookies on a line and bench his boy Thornton (or any "cagey" vet for that matter)

My guess would be the same as everyone else's. Spooner starts in Prov and has to earn his way as the first callup.

Cant Soderberg not play on the RW because he is partially blind in one eye or something? Could be wrong.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

In response to seobrien's comment:

[QUOTE]

Kelly/Campbell/Paille

Smith/Spooner/Soderberg

Cant Soderberg not play on the RW because he is partially blind in one eye or something? Could be wrong.

[/QUOTE]

I don't remember hearing that but you could be right

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

And Smith is a RW, so just flip them.

And yes, Soderberg has a vision problem. That's actually how the Bruins got the guy - if he has been healthy, he probably would have stayed in St. Louis's system.  Six years ago now they made the deal and he's played 6 games for Boston but looking for more. Meanwhile, Toivonen played 23 for St. Louis and hasn't seen the NHL since.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:20% in the faceoff dot, other than that Spooner looks good. 

Unfortunately, that's a key component of the position. [/QUOTE]

Cassidy, Im sure, will get crackin on dot work. Spooner is better suited for center. 

I dont think Soderberg was ready no matter which team had drafted Him. He wanted an NHL contract or he was not coming. If Boston ever assigns him to Providence...tootles to Carl.