ryan spooner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: ryan spooner

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

What a trurnaround, I mean Ryan wasn't playing bad but Smith and Johnson were playing better. Spooner was everywhere! I can't say Providence would do him any good. What a game!

Kelly fans are freaking on HFBoard out right now LoL

Kelly has fans?!?!?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I know but yah he does. I like Chris, he turned me around a few years back but like you said that is a contract PC doesn't need.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

What a trurnaround, I mean Ryan wasn't playing bad but Smith and Johnson were playing better. Spooner was everywhere! I can't say Providence would do him any good. What a game!

Kelly fans are freaking on HFBoard out right now LoL

I paid extra attention to Johnson tonight and came away less than thrilled. Smith is still a much better option at this point for sure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Keep Spooner as an extra forward Dez ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I know but yah he does. I like Chris, he turned me around a few years back but like you said that is a contract PC doesn't need.

Kelly has had a good camp San and he's still so good on the PK. I like the way he's progressing but I still think Spooner needs some time before I'm ready to say bye to Kelly for good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Spooner was the best one on the ice tonight at the Peg.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Kelly has had a good camp San and he's still so good on the PK. I like the way he's progressing but I still think Spooner needs some time before I'm ready to say bye to Kelly for good. [/QUOTE]

Gotcha

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I know but yah he does. I like Chris, he turned me around a few years back but like you said that is a contract PC doesn't need.

Kelly has had a good camp San and he's still so good on the PK. I like the way he's progressing but I still think Spooner needs some time before I'm ready to say bye to Kelly for good. [/QUOTE]

Gotcha

[/QUOTE]

As far as Spooner as the 13th forward I think I'd rather see him playing big minutes in Prov until one of the Bruins centers is eventually hurt. I could see Spooner getting into plenty of games in Boston this year at some point though. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Agreed Dez, If not a regualr, put him down on Providence. The kid has done a terrific job to this point. But Kelly, especially for a 3rd line center, does so many of the little things, and does them well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

No way Spooner goes back to. Prividence

BERGERON-March-Loui.                                                                                                             KREJCI-Fat-Iginla.                                                                                                                    KELLY-Smith or Sweethands-Seidenberg.                                                                                 CAMPBELL-Paille-Spooner

ST on the balcony next to Cam & PC's box

D's.  :     Chara, Seid, Boychuk, McQuaid, Hamilton, Krug, Bart

Rask, Svedberg                                                     

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I know but yah he does. I like Chris, he turned me around a few years back but like you said that is a contract PC doesn't need.

Kelly has had a good camp San and he's still so good on the PK. I like the way he's progressing but I still think Spooner needs some time before I'm ready to say bye to Kelly for good.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha

[/QUOTE]

As far as Spooner as the 13th forward I think I'd rather see him playing big minutes in Prov until one of the Bruins centers is eventually hurt. I could see Spooner getting into plenty of games in Boston this year at some point though. 

[/QUOTE]

Spooner wont be a13th forward...I wouldnt be surprised to see him on the 3rd line by Christmas...he reminds me Samsovov.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

so stanley, you have seidenberg as a third line forward? pretty sure he plays D, the next GM of the bruins should know that. 

and i would rather spooner in providence than on the fourth line. I don't think you know what an NHL fourth liner does. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Spooner wont be a13th forward...I wouldnt be surprised to see him on the 3rd line by Christmas...he reminds me Samsovov.....

[/QUOTE]

1, Thats horrible.

2. That comparison is horrible.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Spooner's a top-6 forward.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Consider me impressed with Spooner. Sweet, quick hands.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's still preseason, folks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Let Spooner center Sod and Kelly. Kelly will adapt just fine. No reason to overthink this. PLEASE don't pull a seguinski and put a young gifted center at wing. How'd that work out -

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Let Spooner center Sod and Kelly. Kelly will adapt just fine. No reason to overthink this. PLEASE don't pull a seguinski and put a young gifted center at wing. How'd that work out -

Did Seguin's drinking problems stem from playing wing?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I like Spooner.  I'd move Kelly to get some breathing room under the cap and keep Svedberg in net over Johnson.  Let Subban get the games in Providence.  Keep Sweethands and Caron as spares, with Smith and Soderberg getting the initial nod on the 3rd line with Spooner.  There is still Soderberg as a backup center if Spooner falters.  I like what I've seen from Spooner this year, and in his brief call up last year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Tyler Seguin scored 67 points in his second full season, 32 last year, won a cup and was dealt for a cap-friendly All-Star wing, a 3rd line wing and 2 solid prospects.  I would say quite well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

He led the Bruins in goals and points as a winger. Thanks for asking. Try Google next time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I was thinking about Spooner's pass last night.  The more I think about it, the more I like it.  Many players would try to force that pass through so that it would be tape-to-tape, even though it would mean the puck passing right through a defender.  He put it where he knew it likely to make it through while still in Eriksson's reach.  That's a nice play.

Now, if that had been Kelly on the receiving end...

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

I was thinking about Spooner's pass last night.  The more I think about it, the more I like it.  Many players would try to force that pass through so that it would be tape-to-tape, even though it would mean the puck passing right through a defender.  He put it where he knew it likely to make it through while still in Eriksson's reach.  That's a nice play.

Now, if that had been Kelly on the receiving end...

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

If he had made the effort to go tape-to-tape the defender would have read it and picked it off.  Much better to get it through than to make it perfect.  It was quick and unexpected off the backhand in mid-stride.  And through the gap.  You just need to get it in the area of Eriksson and he has the talent to receive the pass and finish like he did.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

"Tyler Seguin scored 67 points in his second full season, 32 last year, won a cup"

"He led the Bruins in goals and points as a winger. Thanks for asking. Try Google next time"

This is the same BS I heard for 3 yrs every time I called him out for playing with no guts.

Yeh it worked so well that they traded away their leading scorer. Seguins fate was sealed in Boston for two reasons - Krejci and Bergeron. They should have gone ballz out to get Hall because they always needed a wing, and already had the middle of the ice locked up long term. He was NEVER going to play his natural position on this team. Putting him on the  wing was a gamble, and THE ONLY REASON he played there was that there was no spot for him anywhere else. That's not an ideal situation for the #2 pick in the draft.  He didn't have the guts to play along the wall- never will. That's why he's gone. Take a look at behind the B's 1st episode, it was all about that.

You can bet he'll get his shot at center, and don't be shocked if he lights it up.

You can save all the off the ice nonsense spin. All the accolades and stats won't change reality. If he was all that - he wouldn't be in Dallas.

I realize this is pointless when dealing with some  "fans"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

"Tyler Seguin scored 67 points in his second full season, 32 last year, won a cup"

"He led the Bruins in goals and points as a winger. Thanks for asking. Try Google next time"

This is the same BS I heard for 3 yrs every time I called him out for playing with no guts.

Yeh it worked so well that they traded away their leading scorer. Seguins fate was sealed in Boston for two reasons - Krejci and Bergeron. They should have gone ballz out to get Hall because they always needed a wing, and already had the middle of the ice locked up long term. He was NEVER going to play his natural position on this team. Putting him on the  wing was a gamble, and THE ONLY REASON he played there was that there was no spot for him anywhere else. That's not an ideal situation for the #2 pick in the draft.  He didn't have the guts to play along the wall- never will. That's why he's gone. Take a look at behind the B's 1st episode, it was all about that.

You can bet he'll get his shot at center, and don't be shocked if he lights it up.

You can save all the off the ice nonsense spin. All the accolades and stats won't change reality. If he was all that - he wouldn't be in Dallas.

I realize this is pointless when dealing with some  "fans"

No, there is clearly no point in dealing with you.  You say on the one hand that his problem is he is gutless, and on the other the problem is that he played the wing.  If he truly is gutless like you think, then playing him on the wing really didn't matter because he ws never going to be a valuable player and getting the deep package back for him is great.  If he's not gutless and the problem stems from the Bruins playing a young prospect on the wing where he played in his first year of junior and not at center where he played his second year of junior was the true mistake and you were wrong all along about calling him gutless for the last 3 years.  Either he's gutless like you said and the Bruins did nothing wrong by sticking him at wing then trading him, or he's not gutless and he was just messed up by not playing center but that means you were wrong for calling him gutless right off the bat.  You can't have it both ways.

The truth is your just negative and you're going to criticize whatever happens regardless.