Ryan to Buffalo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Re: Ryan to Buffalo?

Buffalo is deepest at defense, so D-men likely would be the centerpiece of an offer for Bobby Ryan. But the Sabres are thin at center, which would handcuff Ryan to a degree. Ryan aside, the Sabres have to ask which Miller will show up this season to tend goal. If it's the guy from the tail end of the season, they'll be tough; they had a helluva stretch run. But if it's the post-Lucic Miller, they'll struggle.

With Buffalo, the coaching question also needs to be raised. If Buffalo starts slowly, will Ruff survive?

Word is the Sabres made substantial offers to Parise/Suter, so I don't think this club is going to stand pat this year. Their owner badly wants to win the Cup.

And, to end this with a cheap-shot chuckle: Ville Leino, one of the worst free-agent signings in NHL history.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan to Buffalo?:
    In Response to Re: Ryan to Buffalo? : Lars Jonsson, Jon Aitken, Zach Hamill...
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

And those guys were #2 overall?  A little bit of a difference between a #2 pick and where the above shiitepile were selected. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

For me, Ryan and Doan coming to the NE division doesn't change my opinion on where I think those two teams will ultimately end up in the standings at the end of the year. However, it certainly would make playing the Sabres or Habs tougher to win against on any given night. Tough to deny that....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Buffalo is deepest at defense, so D-men likely would be the centerpiece of an offer for Bobby Ryan. But the Sabres are thin at center, which would handcuff Ryan to a degree. Ryan aside, the Sabres have to ask which Miller will show up this season to tend goal. If it's the guy from the tail end of the season, they'll be tough; they had a helluva stretch run. But if it's the post-Lucic Miller, they'll struggle. With Buffalo, the coaching question also needs to be raised. If Buffalo starts slowly, will Ruff survive? Word is the Sabres made substantial offers to Parise/Suter, so I don't think this club is going to stand pat this year. Their owner badly wants to win the Cup. And, to end this with a cheap-shot chuckle: Ville Leino, one of the worst free-agent signings in NHL history.
    Posted by felixwas

Oddly enough, $4.5 million for a second liner is quite reasonable in 2012 actually.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan to Buffalo? : And those guys were #2 overall?  A little bit of a difference between a #2 pick and where the above shiitepile were selected. 
    Posted by lucdufour

Those players were high first round picks.

For what reason, we'll never know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan to Buffalo? : Those players were high first round picks. For what reason, we'll never know.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Plus Hamill was the WHL's leading scorer. One would think he may have been able to produce more, at least in the AHL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan to Buffalo? : And those guys were #2 overall?  A little bit of a difference between a #2 pick and where the above shiitepile were selected. 
    Posted by lucdufour

thanx for replying for me....  well done....

for the times that high first-rounders, i'm talking top five, have flopped ala Alexandre Daigle, the majority have had success....

Nash & Ryan have come as advertised....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan to Buffalo? : Oddly enough, $4.5 million for a second liner is quite reasonable in 2012 actually.
    Posted by jmwalters

Not for one who goes 8-17-25. But then again, last summer I was hoping the Bruins would sign him, so I'm not exactly Sam Pollock.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan to Buffalo? : Not for one who goes 8-17-25. But then again, last summer I was hoping the Bruins would sign him, so I'm not exactly Sam Pollock.
    Posted by felixwas

Could chalk it up to one bad year last season. He was very good for Philly in their cup run a couple years back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan to Buffalo? : Could chalk it up to one bad year last season. He was very good for Philly in their cup run a couple years back.
    Posted by jmwalters

Wouldn't suprise me to see Leino have a bounce back year.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I agree with bookboy on Ryan to buffalo and Doan to MTL... I would be thrilled if both players stayed away from actual Eastern conference power-houses.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan to Buffalo? : That's about how it is, wheatskins. What do the following have in common? The Sedins Ryan Kesler Steve Stamkos Ilya Kovalchuck Alexander Semin Alex Ovechkin Marian Gaborik Jarome Iginla Jason Spezza Thomas Vanek Danny Briere Dany Heatly Tomas Afredsson Zach Parise Joe Thornton and.... Rick Nash. Lots and lots of goals, but no rings. No way knocking all this talent above, but it takes more than stats to win a Cup
    Posted by ipotnyc

orrrrr.... it takes a team.

All of those players are perfectly capable of winning a stanley cup, and I suspect several players on this list will eventually win one.

Danny Briere is one of my favorite hockey players ever. I can't imagine a single stanley cup winning team that wouldn't have benefited from his intensity and playstyle. Iginlia? carried a terrible calgary team for years without help, perfectly capable/deserving of a stanley cup.

Iyla Kovalchuck doesn't have what it takes to win a cup??? what a joke. The guy is a top 5 player in the league.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And, to end this with a cheap-shot chuckle: Ville Leino, one of the worst free-agent signings in NHL history.
    Posted by felixwas

It's far too early to declare this.  I think Leino will have a much better year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan to Buffalo? : It's far too early to declare this.  I think Leino will have a much better year.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I agree, a 25-30 barring no injuries is the minimum I expect. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

With Buffalo, the coaching question also needs to be raised. If Buffalo starts slowly, will Ruff survive? Their owner badly wants to win the Cup. Posted by felixwas

No Felix It would finally be the end of Ruff if Buffalo stumbles out of the gate slowly. No question Pegula is going to start to get impatient.

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts