Ryan White

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Ryan White

Don't know what it would take, but the B's should target a deal for Ryan White in the offseason. He'd look real good in a spoked B jersey. He's much more Bruin than Habitant. That would be a rarity, Boston and Montreal making a deal, but I think it could be done as White's a non-elite player but a Bruin in character.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Ryan White

In Response to Ryan White:
    [QUOTE]Don't know what it would take, but the B's should target a deal for Ryan White in the offseason. He'd look real good in a spoked B jersey. He's much more Bruin than Habitant. That would be a rarity, Boston and Montreal making a deal, but I think it could be done as White's a non-elite player but a Bruin in character.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]
    He's an idiot and a sucker puncher. No thanks although it's no surprise you'd like him.
    http://minnesota.sbnation.com/minnesota-wild/2012/3/1/2838241/video-montreals-ryan-white-sucker-punches-minnesotas-stephane-veilleux

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Methinks Dez should invest his time more wisely in watching golf or badminton. Less chance of any (shudder) violence which may cause Dez to return to his playpen and in need of his baw baw

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I'd kinda prefer to give MacDermid a shot over White. Besides, I want White to stay in Montreol.... makes the games more interesting with his avery esque fighting tactics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

In each of these "maybe", you really need to address who, on the bruins, a Ryan White would replace. He might have the style, but where does he fit in and how much more would he contribute?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan White:
    [QUOTE]Methinks Dez should invest his time more wisely in watching golf or badminton. Less chance of any (shudder) violence which may cause Dez to return to his playpen and in need of his baw baw
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]
    Learn about the game before bothering to reply. Until then, you're just fish in a barrel.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

In each of these "maybe", you really need to address who, on the bruins, a Ryan White would replace. He might have the style, but where does he fit in and how much more would he contribute? -Bogie6

I know it'd be necessary  that he replace someone, but really, this team over the last 30 games does not look like a team of untouchables to say the least. Like you I hate to give up on players but a few moves do need to be made, even if they 're minor ones, in the offseason. For example, I love Thornton, but next year, who knows what his skills as a fighter would be? Fighters "lose it" eventually, just as goalies do. Ryan White will be a really good 4th liner/energy player with plenty of fight (a la Thornton) in the near future.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]I'd kinda prefer to give MacDermid a shot over White. Besides, I want White to stay in Montreal.... makes the games more interesting with his avery esque fighting tactics.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

Agreed - I'll take MacDermid too.  Big Lane has played well in the few games he's had and White's an idiot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan White : Agreed - I'll take MacDermid too.  Big Lane has played well in the few games he's had and White's an idiot.
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

What has he done?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan White : What has he done?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

He hasn't proven a thing yet. However, he has the potential to be a great replacement for Thornton next year, assuming this is his last year of Hockey... or with the Bruins. Has more skill than Thornton too, could eventually be a 20-ish point man on the 4th line, can PK.

Would much rather give Lane a shot than sign White.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

I second this. The only thing he proved was that he could hit his spots in limited icetime.....dime a dozen.

As for White, I actualy like him. Hits, can fight, and has untapped potential. He was a clutch scorer in Junior. I would take a chance on him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan White : He hasn't proven a thing yet. However, he has the potential to be a great replacement for Thornton next year, assuming this is his last year of Hockey... or with the Bruins. Has more skill than Thornton too, could eventually be a 20-ish point man on the 4th line, can PK. Would much rather give Lane a shot than sign White.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

Where did he show this potential?  I've seen him play in the AHL and the NHL.  I haven't seen much of anything.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

He's played a role with injuries mounting, he hasn't made obvious mistakes as a young player, he's skated fairly well, and he stood up to Rupp.  I say give the kid a chance - and tomorrow, as the Flyers are a dirty lot and MacDermid may be a physical presence that the Bruins clearly need to show but are not.  What suggestions do you have nas?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan White : He's played a role with injuries mounting, he hasn't made obvious mistakes as a young player, he's skated fairly well, and he stood up to Rupp.  I say give the kid a chance - and tomorrow, as the Flyers are a dirty lot and MacDermid may be a physical presence that the Bruins clearly need to show but are not.  What suggestions do you have nas?

So far, he has played on a team with injuries, fought Mike Rupp, refrained from errors and "skated fairly well"? 

I think there are a few other people on the planet who could do the same.

My suggestion:  Be realistic.  People buried Caron for a slow start, but were all over Hennessey's jock and now are all over MacDermid's.  These guys are AHL call ups.  Most likely nothing else.  They could make the team next year and play a roll, but nothing they've done so far...in their careers...has proven that they are capable of being full time NHL players.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan White : So far, he has played on a team with injuries, fought Mike Rupp, refrained from errors and "skated fairly well"?  I think there are a few other people on the planet who could do the same. My suggestion:  Be realistic.  People buried Caron for a slow start, but were all over Hennessey's jock and now are all over MacDermid's.  These guys are AHL call ups.  Most likely nothing else.  They could make the team next year and play a roll, but nothing they've done so far...in their careers...has proven that they are capable of being full time NHL players.

and what suggestions do you have, nas?  I only asked that MacDermid be given a chance, like Caron, who's played very well recently (I don't think I mentioned burying Caron's jock, by the way).  What suggestions do you have - you don't offer much?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan White : and what suggestions do you have, nas?  I only asked that MacDermid be given a chance, like Caron, who's played very well recently (I don't think I mentioned burying Caron's jock, by the way).  What suggestions do you have - you don't offer much?

Suggestions on what?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Suggestions on whether to sign Ryan White (I gave an alternative) did you read the thread?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Suggestions on whether to sign Ryan White (I gave an alternative) did you read the thread?

He's a dirty, cheapshot, boneheaded 4th liner.  Why would anyone want him on the Bruins?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan White : He's a dirty, cheapshot, boneheaded 4th liner.  Why would anyone want him on the Bruins?

I completely agree - why didn't you say that in the first place?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

pass on Ryan White.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan White : I completely agree - why didn't you say that in the first place?

I ignored the original suggestion because it was stupid.  I found the local love affair with MacDermid (get in a fight and you're a God) more interesting.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan White : I ignored the original suggestion because it was stupid.  I found the local love affair with MacDermid (get in a fight and you're a God) more interesting.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE

Arrogance without any specifics.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan White :  Arrogance without any specifics.

Go buy your MacDermid jersey.  When people ask why you have it, be sure to tell them that he skates fairly well and hasn't made any obvious errors.

Oh, and that he got in one fight.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

OEC = Cactus Tony

Sections
Shortcuts