Ryan White

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Re: Ryan White

wow, palpable hatred for MacDaddy.... I'd like to have seen more snarl when he'd been up - they could have used it - but I don't think it's reasonable to crucify the guy...

Re White, I'd say pass, but you could do worse for a 4th line energy/tough guy. And, the Darius Kasparitis hair infatuation would just be annoying....     

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan White:
    [QUOTE]wow, palpable hatred for MacDaddy.... I'd like to have seen more snarl when he'd been up - they could have used it - but I don't think it's reasonable to crucify the guy... Re White, I'd say pass, but you could do worse for a 4th line energy/tough guy. And, the Darius Kasparitis hair infatuation would just be annoying....     
    Posted by Griswal65[/QUOTE]

I don't see hatred, just honesty.  People have suggested that he could take over for Thornton or Paille based upon a fight and...what?

Others are touting possible point totals for the guy.  He can't crack 20 points in the AHL and didn't even get 25 in the OHL, yet some around here are suggesting he'll be a X point NHL player.

Lunacy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Why, especially in the midst of a terrible slump is their a thread on a below average 4th liner on a bad rival team?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I would think NAS would be up for anyone replacing his favorite "the skating clown".

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]I would think NAS would be up for anyone replacing his favorite "the skating clown".
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]

I'd take Shawn Thornton over Ryan White but only if I'm forced to have one on my team, other than I wouldnt pick either.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan White : I'd take Shawn Thornton over Ryan White but only if I'm forced to have one on my team, other than I wouldnt pick either.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Actually I'm of this thought also. Truly I'd rather have another player in that spot w/ more talent or bring up young guys to see what they can do with some limited minutes in the NHL. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I would think NAS would be up for anyone replacing his favorite "the skating clown".
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]

Not anyone.  I'd prefer Thornton over John Scott or any of the others who can't even skate. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan White : Not anyone.  I'd prefer Thornton over John Scott or any of the others who can't even skate. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I'm w/ ya I just wanted to write skating clown. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan White : I'd take Shawn Thornton over Ryan White but only if I'm forced to have one on my team, other than I wouldnt pick either.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

You know what might have been great?  Instead of having the skating clown on the ice all year, the B's could have played this freight train of poor/not ready rookies starting in October on the fourth line.  Paille and Campbell could have held down the fort while all of these guys auditioned for the NHL job.  By January, Chiarelli would have known that none of them were any good, and might have been able to be more active in finding good players in trade.

Instead, we get to watch the Skating Clown and Brian Rolston.  Yippeee.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

1) Ryan White is a turd monkey.  He is awful.  The last few Shab games I've seen, he's been awful every time he's on the ice, chasing the game around with little sense that there's a system or strategy.  Senators scored the tying goal through him earlier in the week because he was way too deep off of Karlsson and provided a perfect screen standing there like a ballerina.

2) I don't think there's any connection between what the Bruins feel they have in Providence (or don't have) and the acquisitions at the deadline.  The decision to give some time to the AHL prospects was made in September or even earlier when they let Ryder walk.  They didn't make a deal during the year because Chiarelli is convinced the way to go is to keep the Cup winner intact and replace from within if possible.

3) None of the prospects has proven squat either way.  I'd have rather they kept Hamill in Boston for the year unless his attitude and work ethic were getting worse by the day.  As much as he wasn't getting a lot done, he also wasn't as bad as Ryan White in terms of being a liability on the ice.  The difference between what Hamill showed and what MacDermid showed is down to three things: MacDermid is more of an energy player, so he is more active when achieving nothing than Hamill.  Hamill is expected to score, while MacDermid is expected to not get scored on.  And MacDermid fought.  That's it.  The only problem with keeping Hamill around on the 4th line for a while (I hate the idea of burning through a slate of auditions) is that he's not a 4th liner.  Wait...I mean his best chance for success is not playing a 4th line role.