Ryane Clowe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Ryane Clowe

I was watching the LA/SJ gm last night and saw the Clowe play(along w/ every else except for the refs). I've been watching hockey a long time but have never seen anything like it. I was wondering if anyone here had ever seen a play like that before in the NHL.

http://youtu.be/oL6ThNM9s4c

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Ryane Clowe

In Response to Ryane Clowe:
    [QUOTE]I was watching the LA/SJ gm last night and saw the Clowe play(along w/ every else except for the refs). I've been watching hockey a long time but have never seen anything like it. I was wondering if anyone here had ever seen a play like that before in the NHL. http://youtu.be/oL6ThNM9s4c
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]
    It's brutally unsportsmanlike and I wouldn't argue against a 1 game suspension for it. It was bush league and only made worse when he claimed no memory of it after the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Never seen that before, total joke, tje league should take some kind of action

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Ryane Clowe:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Ryane Clowe : It's brutally unsportsmanlike and I wouldn't argue against a 1 game suspension for it. It was bush league and only made worse when he claimed no memory of it after the game.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Talk about messing with the integrity of the game, what a cheap move and made even moreso by Clowe's attempt at humor with not remembering. In a playoff race no less and with the division crown at stake.This type of move belongs in an allstar game, if that. Not that Clowe should be at an allstar game other than as a spectator.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Ryane Clowe:[QUOTE]In Response to Ryane Clowe : It's brutally unsportsmanlike and I wouldn't argue against a 1 game suspension for it. It was bush league and only made worse when he claimed no memory of it after the game.Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

^No Doubt and I'm a huge Clowe fan!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryane Clowe : ^No Doubt and I'm a huge Clowe fan!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Me too San but that was just cheap. Imagine if a playoff spot had still been on the line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ryane Clowe : It's brutally unsportsmanlike and I wouldn't argue against a 1 game suspension for it. It was bush league and only made worse when he claimed no memory of it after the game.

It truly was a terrible non-call and play. What made it worse was LA was on the power play and going up ice on an odd man rush with score tied 5-5. I think he should be susp for the season's final gm which of course is against LA. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

It was a 3-3 and buddy was not making it anywhere anyway.  I would be peeooeed at my player for quitting on the play and looking for the ref, that irked me more than Clowe's stupidity.

Players of today have less integrity to the game, cheap tactics and ref suuking garners the attention. Clowe and Torts define this yest.

All the integrity seems to be saved for the fighters and the `code`, and because of this I had a big laugh sort of Ference like.

GOAT!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

It made me think of that NY Jets coach who tripped the Dolphin player as he was running along the sidelines.  A nice thing to have attached to Clowe's name.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]It made me think of that NY Jets coach who tripped the Dolphin player as he was running along the sidelines.  A nice thing to have attached to Clowe's name.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing, also you could see in the replay Clowe saying "stupid"..Good hard nosed player who did an idiotic thing. I'm thinking he'll get a fine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryane Clowe : I thought the same thing, also you could see in the replay Clowe saying "stupid"..Good hard nosed player who did an idiotic thing. I'm thinking he'll get a fine.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Nope. There's nothing in the rulebook to cover it. Clowe has made himself look worse by claiming to have no memory of the incident.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/06/report-clowe-wont-face-supplemental-discipline-for-interfering-from-bench/

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/06/clowe-on-controversial-interference-i-have-no-idea-what-you-guys-are-talking-about/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I've never seen it before.  Like others, I found the offensive part to be Clowe lying to our faces afterwards and claiming that he didn't know what they were talking about.  Is he aware that games are televised now, and the play might be on tape since, you know, it happened to the guy carrying the puck?

I would have appreciated him coming clean and just saying "I don't know what I was thinking".

It just looked like he lost his senses for a second there, but it was quite obvious it was not an accident.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

What he did is called cheating in plain view. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryane Clowe : Nope. There's nothing in the rulebook to cover it. Clowe has made himself look worse by claiming to have no memory of the incident. http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/06/report-clowe-wont-face-supplemental-discipline-for-interfering-from-bench/ http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/06/clowe-on-controversial-interference-i-have-no-idea-what-you-guys-are-talking-about/

You think nothing will come of this?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryane Clowe : You think nothing will come of this?
    A new rule will likely be the result.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=626308

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

He must have had a serious brain cramp.  No one is dumb enough to think they could get away with doing that and go undetected by 4 on-ice officials.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryane Clowe : I thought the same thing, also you could see in the replay Clowe saying "stupid"..Good hard nosed player who did an idiotic thing. I'm thinking he'll get a fine.

Expect to see that play in sports blooper broadcasts for a while. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryane Clowe : A new rule will likely be the result. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=626308

You are correct Dez, nothing came of it...I think their actually is a rule for it, the too many men, though not specific, thats what I think they would have called had they seen it, which I cant beleive they didnt.Your right though, I bet they add some new wording there or create a whole new rule.

Sections
Shortcuts