Ryder has to go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Re: Ryder has to go

I agree with you Ryder has to go and pbergeron37 I don't know what you have been watching.  Do you understand a player needs to do more than float around looking to score goals?  If you are going to play like this (like Ryder) you need to be a 40 or 50 goal scorer to be valuable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

How do you eat his salary and get someone to take him off our hands
    thanks for the hockey talk...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i think he's been pretty decent this year, he is forechecking and playing more physical than last year (aint sayin much) and creating scoring opps. i wish Horton would play more like Ryder has this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

some facts :
    2008-2009 Bruins 74 27 26 53 28    
    2009-2010 Bruins 82 18 15 33 3     
    2010-2011 Bruins 50 14 14 28 -3
    Kositsyn   Mtl  49 13 15 28 ++12
    Ryder had a very good 1st season with the Bruins ... his second year was not so good, 33 points for his salary is not acceptable, this year he is on a pace of
    82  23  23  46  Even  wich is a so so season better than last year but far from his best season with 74 games played 53 points ....I think Ryder is tradeable if you consider that Kostitsyn in Montreal has similar numbers with approx the same salary ....Would you trade Ryder back to Montreal for Kositsyn ??

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Stanley you will never see an in season trade between montreal in boston, you can't make a trade to "help both squads" in the same division..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I've never been Ryder's biggest fan, but without him our powerplay would be not merely ungood, but fugly.

In Response to Ryder has to go:
    [QUOTE]I'm sick and tired of watching him coast up and down the ice. He provides no backcheck pressure and everyone knows in the building that he's going to shoot so he easily gets shots blocked. It must be depressing day in and day out to play on the same line. You know you'll never get a pass. I know he's got goals, but he's a slug. I say eat his salary and get someone to take him off our hands
    Posted by buzzywuzdenko[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Horton has been dissapointing lately I agree but he has been in Boston less than a year, so the jury is still out on him.  In regards to Ryder, the Bruins will not win or really compete for the Cup as long as he is seen as a key player on the team. His poor work ethic is rewarded by CJ, maybe because he has a bit of a scoring touch or perhaps because he has pictures, I don't know why really.  How does CJ's handling of Ryder inspire the rest of the players on the team to give the proverbial 110%?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

By the way did you know that the only players in the minus with the B's are :

Marc Savard
    Michael Ryder
    Daniel Paille

Savard has probably ended his season and his career , Paille could easily be replaced by Caron, Sauvé or even Colborne, and Ryder could be traded soon ..
    and by the way our v=best players in the +++ miinus stats are :
    Chara +22, Bergeron and Marchand at +21

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from buzzywuzdenko. Show buzzywuzdenko's posts

Ryders inconsistent and average at best. Some games I admit he's on. But most of the time he coasts. Kind of like when you know your the coaches pet you don't have to show up like everyone else. His game is predictable and easy to defend against. He needs another fire lit under his behind (like what happened at the beginning of the year). Were wasting way too much money on him. Couldn't he B's "buy out part of his contract and dump him somewhere" anywhere!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

buzzy,
    no you can not buy a player out mid season, we can send him to providence, but there is not a player in providence who would replace his production. I agree with a lot of your statements on ryder, but i think he has been one of the better bruins in a lot of games, he is doing a lot with the puck, and had some good chances last night, he doesnt take nights off i do not generally think, but he doesnt make little plays that i think he should make at times.

Fundamental hockey is not that common place anymore, last night the bruins were moving into the zone, a pass to bergy he didnt control the puck, but he actually "stopped" on the puck, a play you rarely see now a days.  He recovered the puck and it lead to a scoring chance.

Sections
Shortcuts