Ryder will be allowed to walk away from the Canadiens this summer.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ryder will be allowed to walk away from the Canadiens this summer.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/report-canadiens-to-part-ways-with-michael-ryder/article12260383/

But, but all those threads saying Montreal beat the Bruins to aquiring Michael ?

Shouldn't the Habs be in a hurry to re-sign Ryder ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: Ryder will be allowed to walk away from the Canadiens this summer.

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/report-canadiens-to-part-ways-with-michael-ryder/article12260383/

But, but all those threads saying Montreal beat the Bruins to aquiring Michael ?

I would like to have Ryder for Saturday over Peverly,but as far as next season ,wouldn't be interested,Bruin's wont have cap space,and think it is time to give Providence kids a shot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Ryde & Glyde is exactly who we thought he was, except for that one glorious spring in 2011, he was worth a pass before the trade deadline and he's worth a pass in the offseason.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Ryde & Glyde is exactly who we thought he was, except for that one glorious spring in 2011, he was worth a pass before the trade deadline and he's worth a pass in the offseason.

Gotta agree...I still have his 2011 performance ingrained...but I gotta agree...he's one to pass up. I think he'll be unemployed if somebody wants him in the fall.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I never understood people on here wanting Ryder back. Ryder was probably the laziest player I've ever seen. He had a nice SC run but I was glad to see him walk and hopefully he's not brought back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

he's a multi-faceted player, if he slumps on wing, put him in goal! SAVE RYDER!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I never understood people on here wanting Ryder back. Ryder was probably the laziest player I've ever seen. He had a nice SC run but I was glad to see him walk and hopefully he's not brought back.

Agreed, very lazy.  Talk about fly by.  Despite the goals he can produce, I believe a lot of momentum is lost with him on the ice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

yes he's lazy, which is too bad, because he has a world class shot. with consistent effort he could be a perrenial 40 goal scorer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He only did well on the PP when he got to the Habs and then really tailed off, espcially in the playoffs.  It was chalked down as a bad trade in some Hab fans post mortem comments

For small $$$ , 2M ?  Maybe ?  but all depends on what the Bruins cap situation will look after Rask's contract.  PC wanted him back this season for sure, maybe only because he would be a UFA and let him go this summer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Ideally I'd have a Jake and Ellwood gif for this, but...

Chiarelli calling to inquire about Ryder: "We're on a mission from god.  We're getting the band back together."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

yes he's lazy, which is too bad, because he has a world class shot. with consistent effort he could be a perrenial 40 goal scorer.

That's the part about Ryder that drives fans crazy. He has the talent and shot to be a 40 G guy but he just will never put the daily consistent effort forth that's needed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'd be thrilled to have him back on the third line, but the money doesn't add up vs. the cap.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Ah, the story of M. Ryder and his love/hate relationship with BDC posters.

before 2010-2011 playoffs: Get rid of him

after 2010-11 playoffs: You have to re-sign him

after signing with Dallas: He was too inconsistent, got way too much money.

during 2011-12 season: How did he get away, why wasn't he signed?

Pre-trade deadline 2013: We have to get Ryder, we have the cap room.

Post-deadline 2013: See, he could have helped our power play!

after 2013 season: see above

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

Agreed. The B's need to get faster and Ryder certainly doesn't fit that bill

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I'd be thrilled to have him back on the third line, but the money doesn't add up vs. the cap.

Agreed. Would be an upgrade on that line at the right price. I heard an interview from him after the trade to Montreal and he seemed a little pissed Bruins had no interest in resigning him after 2011. Would like to see him back at the right price, but I doubt he comes back for cheap.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Yes, dump Kelly and Peverley, and work Ryder into a line with Sods and Jagr. That would be a useful, heavy third line, and we have Caron who hopefully comes in better prepared next season. All this is of course dependent on cap space.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Ideally I'd have a Jake and Ellwood gif for this, but...

Chiarelli calling to inquire about Ryder: "We're on a mission from god.  We're getting the band back together."

Nice one Book!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

No matter what Bruins do the rest of way i don't want to see Ryder or Jagr next year time to give the kids a shot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Next year Soderberg KoKo Spoons Kinight get their chances to compete............Chia did a great job building this organization. now you throw in these young defensman? Bruins are stacked to the hills come home............

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I would like to have Ryder for Saturday over Peverly,but as far as next season ,wouldn't be interested,Bruin's wont have cap space,and think it is time to give Providence kids a shot.

Kitchener....this is the post of the day ...congrats !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

Yes, dump Kelly and Peverley, and work Ryder into a line with Sods and Jagr. That would be a useful, heavy third line, and we have Caron who hopefully comes in better prepared next season. All this is of course dependent on cap space.

I like that ....many great posts today guys ...cool ! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Yes al l he does is core goals! What a bum

Sections
Shortcuts