Ryder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Re: Ryder

In Response to Ryder:
    [QUOTE]The first goal that the B's let in, Ryder stopped skating back to shadow his man who scored. Nice 2nd goal. But misses a wide open pass to a free Horton not too long after that The way this guy plays annoys me overall. There isn't a shot in the offensive end that he doesn't like. Selfish hockey at its best. At least then score the goals I hope while his stats are ok we can trade him for a bag of peanuts. Much rather have Caron up now
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    Ryder's got one of the best wristers in the league , I don't mind him being a little selfish . He's having a pretty good game so far today..a goal and some real good hustle!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Goal and 3 posts, let him shoot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

Ryder could of had three other goals in this game. Two trickled through Fleury and one hit the post. Fleury was extremely lucky that didn't go in. Give the guy a break.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I thought Wheeler was worse.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

1 went earlier through and 2 through on 1 shift in the third.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Ryder:
    [QUOTE]I thought Wheeler was worse.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

That's not a valid argument, so what if someone else was worse?  Thomas did NOTHING this game, zero, zilch, then again, he didn't play.

Previous to Sturm being let go, Ryder was playing the body when he should and hustling  some.  Job secure, his play drops off.

Not saying its intentional on his part, and the one thing may not lead to another, but that is just the way it happens.

What I DON'T like to see - NO what I call "TOKEN" hits, I don't know what else to call it, not the big open ice hits or aggressive hits, but just simply playing the man when he was the last one to touch the puck.  He started the season doing that and was effective.

Ryder's wrist shot/snap shot is good, but he takes too long to get it off.  Where it is very successful is when he can shoot through screens or using the defenseman as he did today.  He is best when the play is scrambly.

I don't like him on the PP for that reason.

He needs to feel pressure for his job, that's when he's at his best overall.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Six goals in his last twenty games yah let's extend him he's doing great!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In Response to Re: Ryder:
    [QUOTE]I thought Wheeler was worse.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Wheeler is a joke. He plays 20 good minutes per season and he still is on this team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

6 goals in 20 extends to 24-5 in 82, I can live with that. He was one of best for B`s out there today, a valid threat everytime on ice, give the kid his due.

I can live with his 24 goals and I can live with him being resigned, but not at 4M$, that is way too much.

Entire line was great just no luck, 17 shots 1 goal and 3 posts for sure. Sav had a great game first time he played 20+ all year, took a head shot on the boards and came back strong after. We need him to be the Sav of old and it looks like it is happening.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Agreed about Wheeler.  He just doesn't make good decisions with the puck (i.e. carrying the puck over the blueline instead of dishing it to Seguin on a 3-on-2, resulting in an offsides call).  And his shot is just plain awful.  Marchand and Paille (who has actually played quite well of late), have made Wheeler expendable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Marco Sturm already has 8 points in 13 games. Freak!

We could use his speed. Poor decision to not trade Ryder and keep Sturm instead. 

Maybe nobody even wanted Ryder was the problem

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That was the problem nobody wanted Michael because Lombardi won't be fooled by Ryder's streaky play. If Ryder can bring yesterday's play, which he won't , everyday I'd be happy. I've already resigned to the fact that Chiarelli will indeed sign the extension for Mike who will again take the second round off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i think he was horrible last year but he has been much more physical and aggressive this year and overall i think he has had a decent year, he gets pounded on here a lot some of it is not justified, he is what he is 25-30 goal guy

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If Ryder watched video of Marchand, Bergeron, he would learn about what it means to forecheck. I've seen him forecheck..Don't chuckle, I mean it...He's done it in some of his best performances. When he doesn't pokecheck or use his body to force an opponent off the puck, he becomes increasingly a waste of space. I think he just has to be a more physical and quit "waiting" for the puck to come to him. He's got one of the top 5 shots in the NHL, but he's a pretend sniper. Wheeler has been playing much better until the Pitt game. Ryder is still a lot better option than several of the B's forwards when it comes to offense.