Ryder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Ryder

Yup, he moved his feet and shifted around the opposition with more ease.  The line with Krejci and Wheeler was like two years ago. Yet, the issue still remains, how long of a contract do you give this guy?  One year at a time for this fan visions of last year clouding my view.    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Isla, I agree, unless you can get him at a price that includes seasons like last year, montreal never gave him more then a year.. I guess we can see why..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

3 years at $4M

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Oh that is 1.3M/ per year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In Fairness he should get about 2.5M per year throw in some bonus for 30+ goals.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Not necessary. There are Bruins in the minors who can fill his role today. Maybe they give him a one year and then use in a trade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Who was that guy in the #73 jersey with "Ryder" on the name plate?

I did not recognize him at all.

Who ever that was, I wish he would show up every night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Even showing up at birthday parties and special occasions, it's not going to be easy for the Bruins to replace Ryder's production with the kids in Providence.  If they let him walk it will be a leap of faith or an economic necessity (i.e. someone else offering him big cake).  Right now, the little I've seen of the P-Bruin kids suggests the leap of faith option is a he-yuge gamble.

GOAT - can't offer him "bonuses for 30+ goals".  Standard Player Contracts cannot include bonuses.  Only EL contracts and 35+ contracts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dickfromeastham. Show dickfromeastham's posts

In Response to Re: Ryder:
    Who was that guy in the #73 jersey with "Ryder" on the name plate? I did not recognize him at all. Who ever that was, I wish he would show up every night.
    Posted by BadHabitude

agreed..  I'll add  Wheeler to that, he also looked good last night , well until the shootout lol 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I cannot back up at all with stats and really can't defend, but my gut is strong.

I think Ryder hurts the overall effort out there, the games where he just coasts around and tunes out are a demoralizing factor similar to, but not as bad as the Wideman effect of last year.

There is one stat that is glaring, among all the regular forwards (29 games plus) he is at a minus one, that's a pretty stark contrast when you look at the group as a whole (let's not talk about Savard, he's a different topic and situation altogether).

OK, this is hard to follow, but...  Ryder is a goal scorer, but not that good a  goal scorer.  The number of goals he has is a misleading statistic, it's more than how good he actually is.

Finally, in a critical situation where he has the puck in a pretty good situation I start crying.  The classic situation is a SO.  Has he ever gotten a SO goal?  Has he ever gotten a SO goal when the pressure is on?  And in game situations it is just tragic, the playoffs v. Carolina a couple of years ago replays through my mind all the time, Ward "robbed" him.  No Ward did NOT rob him, Ryder shot it right into his pads.  That exact same scenario has happened to me in my pickup games, I know the goalie is coming across, I know I have to go upstairs, but I just can't do it all quick enough and I saw Ryder do the same thing except I don't know what he was thinking or what happened - was it a skill issue or was it that he didn't realize what was going on?  Either way, it's a bad thing.

In a high pressure situation, I would rather have Wheeler for a SO or in down low in OT or the last 2 minutes down by a goal, I think the odds on Wheeler are better than Ryder in those situations.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Contract extension ? Yah ask Seattle about Adrian Beltre's effort Theo is a smart man but I do see Chiarelli into being duped by Ryder's intangibles. Fool me once ahh nevermind

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

I have said it before and will say it again - Ryder at 2.5-3mil a year is very much worth resigning him. His struggles last year were lreated to some family issues that were weighing very heavy on him. I would lose Wheeler before Ryder.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dickfromeastham. Show dickfromeastham's posts

Whatever the reason before,,  Ryder and Wheeler both look a lot better playing with Krech and that's our best line now.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

PC Please, please review the soon to be third year 2nd round playoff disapearing act before even offering a one year deal at 1.5Mil

Game                              G     A     P    +/-
    May 14 '10    PHI @ BOS    1     0     1     0        
    May 12 '10   BOS @ PHI     0     0     0     0
    May 10 '10   PHI @ BOS     0     0     0     -2      
    May 07 '10   BOS @ PHI     1     0     1     -1    
    May 05 '10   BOS @ PHI     0     0     0     1      
    May 03 '10   PHI @ BOS     0     0     0     0      
    May 01 '10   PHI @ BOS     0     0     0     0

Game                              G     A     P    
    May 14 '09   CAR @ BOS     0     1     1   
    May 12 '09   BOS @ CAR     0     1     1        
    May 10 '09   CAR @ BOS     0     1     1        
    May 08 '09   BOS @ CAR     0     1     1        
    May 06 '09   BOS @ CAR     0     0     0        
    May 03 '09   CAR @ BOS     0     0     0         
    May 01 '09   CAR @ BOS     1     1     2

Nothing regarding Ryder's recent Adrain Beltre play will lead me to believe he deserves anything more than league minimum unless the above stats improve. Chiarelli must take care of the of the little over 9Mil he has to spend this offseason.

http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.php?year_id=2011&team_id=-1&position_id=F&fa_type_id=2

I can find many on this list I'd much rather have take your pick!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

If, and it's a BIG if, the Bruins lines played consistently as they did last night, we would have few complaints[ oops, we are not complaining] assessments to make. Maybe drop Recchi to the 4th line and sideline Thornton. Add Caron to Bergie's line to fill the opening plus Seguin. Marchand played hard as usual, but he, Campbell and Recchi would be a solid 4th line.Savard has yet to be as effective as is expected, and , while Horton worked hard last night, he needs a solid Savard to recover his faded skills. IMO , next year is a new scenario with the following possiblities:: Ryder should go and be replaced with Arneil or Sauve. REX should retire to his Pitttsburgh farm or sign on as a coach Boychuck should be traded and replaced by Bartkowski [ last report indicated he is developing very well] Wheeler could be traded plus Savard for a quality center/forward. This latter stuff is all guess work

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i think ryder has played pretty well this year

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Ala Ryder ce la vie. He is having a better season still floats at time. If PC has a chance to get value in return for next season then yes. I would do the simple thing let his contract expire. The bruins are in the top 8 now so we need to see how things shape up before the deadline "knock on wood no injuries" we been fortunate in that category. Stuart will be returning but has a tough go getting back in form and we need a d man in the d zone to be in position and clear men away from the screening on our goalies that should a main priority.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

If ryder scores 35 goals this year , i would consider him to be signed to an extension. But if not i'd forget it. He is the strangest player who plays decent one year and next year takes a vacation. Just look at his history

Jared Knight who plays a similiar game can fill his void next year.

Otherwise Ryder Krejci Wheeler line is dangerous again. You can't take the puck off them on the offensive end

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

he's on pace for a 25 goal season. if he gets 25, i'd offer him a 2 mil 1 yr deal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

plus his shooting % is 2nd on the team, 4th in points, should pass Horton before they come home...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

yaz16
    How is Jared Knight's game similar to Ryder's game?
    I have seen limited video of Knight, but what I saw, it looks like he goes hard to the net. Ryder tend to "float" more. Are you referring to their roles being similar?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

How about going to the UFA route in July ? I looked at capgeek.com and the name I liked for about the same monies is Alex Tanquay. He can take a pass and is not a stranger to putting the puck in the net and at 31yrs, still has some mileage left. Time for Ryder to saddle up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Ryder:
    yaz16 How is Jared Knight's game similar to Ryder's game? I have seen limited video of Knight, but what I saw, it looks like he goes hard to the net. Ryder tend to "float" more. Are you referring to their roles being similar?
    Posted by TomOBrien

Yes Yaz I think we are all interested in what you mean by Knight's game being similar to Ryder's.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

I've been a fan of the B's since the 60's and in that time, Ryder is the most frustrating player I've watched play for the Bruins. Alternating between coasting and more coasting, then every now in then he pulls off some amazing move and leaves you almost literally scratching your head, asking, why in the blue hell doesn't he do that more often? By all that is right in the universe Ryder should be a thirty goal scorer. Honestly, I do not what I would do with guy if I were in PC's position. My gut feeling, is ..........

Sections
Shortcuts