Ryder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: Ryder

This guy was not only untradable 6 months ago, he was undumpable. He had his ticket to Providence already punched.   Way too big of a gamble to resign him.  You don't know what you are getting.  Use the money elsewhere. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

not sure what is Ryder's future as a B. But i'll tell you, he's been as good a player during the last 5 games as anyone on the team. His shot is one of the best in NHL, and he should score 25 by year's end. I think he's playing better now than at any juncture of his B's career

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjd57. Show rjd57's posts

Ryder looks better this year, but I think the bottom line is this: Do you really want to keep a player who shows up when he feels like it, or when his contract is up? The Bruins have too many of those guys. 

Giving Ryder more than a one-year contract is throwing money away.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Then there's nights like tonight when his play is totally disinterested.  He was free and clean in the slot and took too much time, as if they were doing 2 on 1's in practice.  Or gets knocked down and takes way too much time to get back up.  Or takes a casual poke check at someone when he should be playing the body.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Badhab,
    you've already demonstrated your hate of ryder time and time again.. The fact is simply, can we replace ryders production for less? And how much is he going to cost to resign??

He was under a lot of criticism last year, and coming into this season, and to his credit, he was quiet about it, can't same the same for savard.. He came out, he has played well and he has produced.. We all know there was a lot going on last year with him off the ice, maybe it really did affect him..

But you never hear anything bad about him from his teammates, and his production is on par with his contract.. clearly he has more talent then he shows every night, but thats why he isn't making more, I mean isn't that the line we were sold on ference?

If PC keeps ryder, it should be a 1 year deal or a 2 year deal at slightly below market value for a player with his stats, allowing for his stretches were he looks un involved..

If he walks, I won't be upset, but as "bad" as he has been, he been one of the teams top scorers every year he has been here.. no denying that..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Sorry...but I have a roundabout way of getting to the Ryder topic. Bear with me here...

Barring trades, the Bruins have shown a contractual commitment to Seguin, Lucic, Horton, Marchand and Caron moving forward, and have locked up their centers in Krecji, Savard, Bergeron and Campbell. The remaining 3 spots (or more if you count one healthy scratch or multiple 2-way contracts under the cap) are up in the air.

Given the remaining options, I would think there is a desire for some experience to round out the wing positions. Guys like Ryder and Wheeler become valuable wingers to keep around given what they are paid and what you get in return.

Potential top 12 forwards in 2011

Lucic-Krecji-Seguin
    Wheeler-Savard-Ryder
    Marchand-Bergeron-Horton
    Caron-Campbell-Thornton

Looking at a potential lineup, does it make the team stronger to swap in Knight or some P-Bruin?

So the question is....are there experienced but not aging wingers out there making the same $$ as Wheeler and/or Ryder that will give you better options at wing? For my money, I'd stick with the devils we know....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Ha! Get it? BEAR with me....

Awesome.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Ryder:
    Ha! Get it? BEAR with me.... Awesome.
    Posted by asmaha

I thought it was funny.....until you explained it  after....lol.I don't know what took you so long to start posting but it's nice to see a new contributor with some knowledge of the game to go along with some common sense.I look forward to you contributing more often.I'm sure we'll be arguing about someting in no time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I didn't catch it until after I posted. Oops.

Bad puns aside, thanks for the kind words. There will be no arguing as long as we don't say something stupid. Seems pretty easy to skim over the absurdity and get to the folks who are having a fun discussion. I'm sure it will happen to me as I get as frustrated as the next guy. Can't remember exactly which game it was, but I swore off Bruins games in December after throwing stuff at my TV. It lasted until the next game, when I realized that the guys making the decisions are infinitely smarter than I am and I should get over myself and enjoy the ride for what it is.

Look forward to good conversations moving forward!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I didn't catch it until after I posted. Oops. Bad puns aside, thanks for the kind words. There will be no arguing as long as we don't say something stupid. Seems pretty easy to skim over the absurdity and get to the folks who are having a fun discussion. I'm sure it will happen to me as I get as frustrated as the next guy. Can't remember exactly which game it was, but I swore off Bruins games in December after throwing stuff at my TV. It lasted until the next game, when I realized that the guys making the decisions are infinitely smarter than I am and I should get over myself and enjoy the ride for what it is. Look forward to good conversations moving forward!
    Posted by asmaha

Good chance it was the Anaheim game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Ryder : Good chance it was the Anaheim game.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Ugh thats the only game Ive been to this season......

Hes definitely picked it up the last few games. Some of those moves are nasty and hes remembering to move his feet! Hes outplayed horton recently. Id go with

Lucic-Seguin-Ryder
    Wheeler-Krejci-Horton
    Bergeron-Savard-Recchi
    Thorty-Camps-Marchand

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Ryder : Ugh thats the only game Ive been to this season...... Re: Ryder Hes definitely picked it up the last few games. Some of those moves are nasty and hes remembering to move his feet! Hes outplayed horton recently. Id go with Lucic-Seguin-Ryder Wheeler-Krejci-Horton Bergeron-Savard-Recchi Thorty-Camps-Marchand
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

I like the look of those lines.I've wanted to see how Bergeron would look back on the wing.He could take defensive zone face-offs move back over.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

My 2 cents on Ryder:

Liked the signing initially, even if the $4 M seemed a bit high, b/c he has a terrific shot, has shown he can be a 25-30 goal guy, and used to kill the Bruins as a Canadien.

Last year, I was blaming myself for being taken in, especially come playoff time, when I was pretty sure I caught thim chomping on a pretzel in the stands when he was supposed to be out on the ice.

This year: He's undeniably playing much more like the Ryder I'm glad they signed. Still wanders off a night here or there, but has been much more consistent. BUT, here's my feeling: I'd like him to keep playing well, put up good numbers, and thus be trade bait for a team that can send us a high-level PMD in return. It's a gamble, yes, but I would take the chance at letting Caron have Ryder's slot and hoping that the improvement on D makes the Bruins an overall better team come playoffs.

Bottom line: I don't have confidence Ryder will be a difference maker in a playoffs series to help the Bruins advance. I can see him playing well in spurts, disappearing in a pivotal game 5, and the Bruins again bowing out in 7 to someone, while we all say "Ryder played well enough--look at his goals in games 1 and 2, or something.

Just a thought--I'd like to see a major trade move by PC this year, rather than the usual "we believe in the guys we have" line....which later becomes the epitaph for a 2nd round KO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

I'd like to see a major trade move by PC this year, rather than the usual "we believe in the guys we have" line....which later becomes the epitaph for a 2nd round KO.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

This, more than anything, has been the more frustrating aspect of the past few seasons.  Of course, making a deadline trade doesn't guarantee a better product on the ice - but it sure makes things tougher to take when the inevitable knockout comes for the Bruins and the teams that made a move or two are still rolling...

The deadline move is an emotional boost - if not for the players, at least for us fans.  It refills the 'optimism' tank before heading into the playoffs instead of simply gliding into the post-season on fumes, hoping they've got enough in the tank to make it to the next gas station... the SC finals.

Sections
Shortcuts