Ryders.25 -.75 a year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Ryders.25 -.75 a year

Nite, I agree, for the TOI Pouliot is just fine.  Ryder, haha, NO. I guess I have to wait to see what Suter does in the months ahead, he is worth a Hamilton, but the asking price ie center like Krejci might be beyond what the Bs want to give in chemistry.  Yet, Sinden traded Espo.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Ryders.25 -.75 a year:
    [QUOTE]Nite, I agree, for the TOI Pouliot is just fine.  Ryder, haha, NO. I guess I have to wait to see what Suter does in the months ahead, he is worth a Hamilton, but the asking price ie center like Krejci might be beyond what the Bs want to give in chemistry.  Yet, Sinden traded Espo.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]
    Yes he certainly did! He also traded Barry Pederson & Ron Grahame!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[QUOTE]One thing i'll say about Ryder, he doesn't fall down as much as Pouliot.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]
    or take as many penalties as Ben.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I would have Ryder back, but again, you can't just put him in Pouliot's spot and think he will score like he is in Dalas.  He's getting top line minutes there.  Pouliot is 10th in icetime here and seldom sees the powerplay.  For Ryder to put up good numbers here, he'll have to take pp time away from Seguin or Marchand or whoever like he did last year, and we know what everyone thought of that.  I think the Newfie would be great to have as a clutch scorer on the third line, but comparing points to points between a guy playing on the first line and pp with a guy getting fourth line minutes doesn't hold true.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I'm of the camp that feels Ryders overall playoff performance, significantly trumped his regular season inconsistencies.  Can't blame PC for not matching the Dallas offer though.

The big issue with this team moving forward is money.  If this group doesn't get one bit better...keeping it together will cost millions more down the road.  Marchand, Seguin, Rask will command big raises.  Lucic, Seidenberg, Krejki will get more.

In order to stay away from a Chicago type situation after they won a cup....PC has to manage this stuff wisely, and hopefully he can pick up a rental to meet the teams needs.  He's got lots of money now, but he probably doesn't want that on the books going into next year.

Don't think Ryder is going anywhere unless the team tanks in the next couple weeks.  Dallas is in a playoff dog-fight, so it's doubtful they'll trade their top goal scorer.  And, with 19 to date, 30 goals isn't merely wishful thinking.  If Ryder gets there, his 3.5 with only 1 year remaining is very good value for the Stars.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]I would have Ryder back, but again, you can't just put him in Pouliot's spot and think he will score like he is in Dalas.  He's getting top line minutes there.  Pouliot is 10th in icetime here and seldom sees the powerplay.  For Ryder to put up good numbers here, he'll have to take pp time away from Seguin or Marchand or whoever like he did last year, and we know what everyone thought of that.  I think the Newfie would be great to have as a clutch scorer on the third line, but comparing points to points between a guy playing on the first line and pp with a guy getting fourth line minutes doesn't hold true.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I was getting at only you said it better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

[QUOTE]So 18 g 17 A and 38 points in 52 games is going to result in 20-25 goals? I'm betting he gets closer to 30. I bet he gets better than 45 points. I wouldn't mind having that point line in our lineup. Compare 18g 17a 38 points. To: 8g 9a 17 points. Which would you rather have right now?
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

I bet you're wrong.  Ryder is so streaky, he could end up 18 g 17 a and 38 points.  Like I said, he brought it in the playoffs, not so much in the regular season.

Who are you comparing him to anyhow?  Marchand, Seguin, Lucic, and Horton (when healthy), are the top 4 wingers.  If you're suggesting almost $4 mill on a 3rd liner and insurance, I don't agree.  I'd much rather see them pick up the parts they need at the trade deadline. 

Maybe, maybe, if Ryder took $3.75 for 1 year, I would have considered it.

Sections
Shortcuts