S. Thornton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

S. Thornton

How about giving him a rest and let a younger player come up for a few games.  I think someone with good hands might benefit from Campbell's and Paille's hard work.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: S. Thornton

Prob a good idea. Stan's posts will be reduced 25 or 30%

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Has he won a fight this year?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Has he won a fight this year?

[/QUOTE]

I don't think he won many since Scott gave it to him.  Plus there wont be any fighting in the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

While there at it they can sit caron again too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Yeh the last spot on the 4th line will be a key factor in the post season

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

My feeling too.  Last man in the bullpen  But it would keep some people happy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

For the record, I don't believe I have started one thread this season about the Skating Clown of Boston.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My feeling too.  Last man in the bullpen  But it would keep some people happy.

[/QUOTE]

They tried sitting him in 2011 - good thing they put him back in. That's for all those who actually watch whats going on out there.

There is a role that needs to be filled - and he does just that

jeez

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Is what it is for the remainder of this season.  Would be shocked if he was back next year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Not thrilled to say this, but really ST is more reliable than the other options.

Caron or ST?  I take the cement head.

Spooner or ST?  I take Spoons, but not by much, not as much as it should be.  It's too close for my liking and I wouldn't blame CJ for the ST preference for a nanosecond.

I really don't like saying all this, I really don't.  Actually what I can say is that I am very disappointed in the crop of prospect forwards.  I wish I could say the same about the forwards as I can the defense.  I'm very bullish on the defense prospects, not at all about the forwards.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about giving him a rest and let a younger player come up for a few games.  I think someone with good hands might benefit from Campbell's and Paille's hard work.

[/QUOTE]

How about we get all together we put $100 each in a pot ..(i wil contribute for $5000) and we give him all the money to retire ??? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Team is best in East, maybe best in league.

Merlot is best 4th line.

I think we should keep it together.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Team is best in East, maybe best in league.

Merlot is best 4th line.

I think we should keep it together.

[/QUOTE]
    Someone who actually gets it! Thank You BE IN!  The rest of you Nimrods. ...Eat it! Every knowledgeable hockey person that gets paid for their views calls them the best 4th line in the game. ST is part of that! Glad he's a Bruin! Keep it up Thornton you're doing just fine! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I say if it isnt broke why fix it? That line has been effective. Who is going to replace him? Spooner? He's not a fourth line player? Caron? Hasn't shown he's an NHL player.

That said, I would have liked to have seen him address Rinaldo today.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I say if it isnt broke why fix it? That line has been effective. Who is going to replace him? Spooner? He's not a fourth line player? C_ r_n ? Hasn't shown he's an NHL player.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, keep the 4th line right where it is, but can we please not mention that other person? I swear he sucks the skill out of the people he sits next to on the bench.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Julien's decesion, I say Suga will be back. Clode thinks that role is important. Camara would need to really be seen as someone that can keep the puck safe in the defensive zone and not turn it over in the pre-season. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

The point of the 4th line is to put the puck in the offensive zone, cycle and not get scored on. Much prefer ST there than any other option, especially a rookie. They don't need more scoring there, they need an experienced pro who won't mess up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Sit the bum and call up the greatest Black Ace of them all:

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

While there at it they can sit caron again too.

[/QUOTE]
    Sit him? Send him out of town.Waste of space.Now watch him score next game. LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I appreciate what Thornton brings to the fourth line.  All I am saying is with the East clinched,  give him a rest and try someone else. If we get lucky we get a better option if not he will be rested for the playoffs.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

I appreciate what Thornton brings to the fourth line.  All I am saying is with the East clinched,  give him a rest and try someone else. If we get lucky we get a better option if not he will be rested for the playoffs.  

[/QUOTE]

If it's November or December and the team is struggling I would consider it. Playoffs are two weeks away, they have the best record in hockey and he's been part of the team all along. He's earned the right to keep his spot.

And I'm no Thornton fan, my past posts will show that, but whats right is right.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Based on your above logic, there are much more important Bruins that need that "rest".  If we do, get "lucky" the reward will be greater.

Appears many here, strongly disagree with the concept of chemistry and rythm.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Badhab hit it right on, the depth at forward is too thin for the 4th line in particular, whn campbell went down last year it was a huge loss and even if ST went down  i dont think anyone here likes whats up next, being caron, Caron should of been moulded into a 4th liner long ago but he stuggles too much being bounced around. It may just be all that depth on the D might have there a$$es this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What does he brings to the 4th line ?.????. If there is one player that can jeopardize the BRUINS chances to win the Stanley Cup...it is Shawn Thornton ...please open your eyes and wake up ...comes the Stanley Cup final it'll be too late to realize it .....