S. Thornton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Re: S. Thornton

Whoops. Didn't think the 1st one went thru

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Stanley, now you don't get to come back here and make ay comments about how you predicted a Cup win for the Bruins this year if we get it. You just said we won't get out of the first roud. All your other predictions round 2 and on will be meaningless, so keep them to yourself.

Red in the pool I predicted a Cup to the BRUINS ...I didnt think CJ was dumb enough to keep Mr Slowmoe in the line up against fast skating teams like the Wings ...if we pass the 1st round it will be a miracle on ice ...I sure hope the BRUINS win the 1st round but you cant run forever with a defective wheel ....unfortunately I am the only one that can see that .... Mr Slowmoe still in the line up doing nothing else than wasting an average of 7:30mins of ice time every game ...in a long term it will hurt the team , therefore I am afraid that the Red Wings will benefit from that 7:30mins wasted every game and win the 1st round ....sad but poor coaching, poor management ....in a week from now you'll say ...STANLEY was right........again

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Stanley, now you don't get to come back here and make ay comments about how you predicted a Cup win for the Bruins this year if we get it. You just said we won't get out of the first roud. All your other predictions round 2 and on will be meaningless, so keep them to yourself.

Red in the pool I predicted a Cup to the BRUINS ...I didnt think CJ was dumb enough to keep Mr Slowmoe in the line up against fast skating teams like the Wings ...if we pass the 1st round it will be a miracle on ice ...I sure hope the BRUINS win the 1st round but you cant run forever with a defective wheel ....unfortunately I am the only one that can see that .... Mr Slowmoe still in the line up doing nothing else than wasting an average of 7:30mins of ice time every game ...in a long term it will hurt the team , therefore I am afraid that the Red Wings will benefit from that 7:30mins wasted every game and win the 1st round ....sad but poor coaching, poor management ....in a week from now you'll say ...STANLEY was right........again

What's sad about Stanley is I think he'd rather be right than have the bruins win

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

What's sad about Stanley is I think he'd rather be right than have the bruins win

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

what's sad is he calls himself a B'S fan....  a 2-yr-old makes more sense....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I think Thornton's being in Boston is having a negative effect on the Red Sox hitters. He has already wrecked the Celtics.

, and is the cause of massive depression throughout New England.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

Stanley, if you ever hope to be the GM of the Bruins, you'll need to get over your obsessive compulsions. If you want to replace Peter Chiarelli, you'll need to learn to recognize the value of a coach who in 7 years never misses the playoffs, has his team never finish lower than 3rd in the division (twice) while finishing #1 in the division 4 times, and whose team not only has never missed the playoffs, but has won 1 Stanley Cup, got very close to winning a second 2 years later, and has his team primed to go back to the SCF this year.

Your obsession with a 4th line winger who brings leadership and energy (and more importantly, a deep understanding of who and what he is and isn't) to the team is not conducive to a healthy mental state. 

I would challenge you to do one of the following: first, find a single interview with a coach or player from any time in the past 100 years that indicates the play of a 4th line player cost them a game. Or even a news analysis from a paper... failing that, tell me at what point last night "Mr. Slowmoe" got beaten, was out of position so badly or made such a bad decision that he cost the Bruins a scoring chance against.

Better yet, take a look at the 4th line RWs in the playoffs right now and tell me what, in general, they are providing to their teams. Go ahead and look them up: Legwand, Dorsett, Hall, JT Brown, Bournival, Nolan (so good the Kings benched him for a 7th d-man yesterday), Mike Brown, Adams, Tropp, Carey, McCormick, Sceviour, Selanne (which is cheating, really), Cracknell, and Ben Smith. Ten of those guys are minus players, which means when they're on the ice, bad things happen for their team more often than good things. One is even. Only Carey (+2), Tropp (+3), Ben Smith (+3) and Selanne (+8) are plus 4th-line RW'ers. Oh, and Shawn Thornton, who was a +3 on the season. 

You've really got to come to grips with what a "role-player" is unless you think, as the newly-hired GM of the Bruins, you'll be able to get 12 Bergerons on your team, stay under the salary cap, and play everyone exactly 15 minutes each per night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to socca10's comment:

Stanley, if you ever hope to be the GM of the Bruins, you'll need to get over your obsessive compulsions. If you want to replace Peter Chiarelli, you'll need to learn to recognize the value of a coach who in 7 years never misses the playoffs, has his team never finish lower than 3rd in the division (twice) while finishing #1 in the division 4 times, and whose team not only has never missed the playoffs, but has won 1 Stanley Cup, got very close to winning a second 2 years later, and has his team primed to go back to the SCF this year.

Your obsession with a 4th line winger who brings leadership and energy (and more importantly, a deep understanding of who and what he is and isn't) to the team is not conducive to a healthy mental state. 

I would challenge you to do one of the following: first, find a single interview with a coach or player from any time in the past 100 years that indicates the play of a 4th line player cost them a game. Or even a news analysis from a paper... failing that, tell me at what point last night "Mr. Slowmoe" got beaten, was out of position so badly or made such a bad decision that he cost the Bruins a scoring chance against.

Better yet, take a look at the 4th line RWs in the playoffs right now and tell me what, in general, they are providing to their teams. Go ahead and look them up: Legwand, Dorsett, Hall, JT Brown, Bournival, Nolan (so good the Kings benched him for a 7th d-man yesterday), Mike Brown, Adams, Tropp, Carey, McCormick, Sceviour, Selanne (which is cheating, really), Cracknell, and Ben Smith. Ten of those guys are minus players, which means when they're on the ice, bad things happen for their team more often than good things. One is even. Only Carey (+2), Tropp (+3), Ben Smith (+3) and Selanne (+8) are plus 4th-line RW'ers. Oh, and Shawn Thornton, who was a +3 on the season. 

You've really got to come to grips with what a "role-player" is unless you think, as the newly-hired GM of the Bruins, you'll be able to get 12 Bergerons on your team, stay under the salary cap, and play everyone exactly 15 minutes each per night.

[object HTMLDivElement]

very good post, but it'll be way over the wannabe gm's head....  way over....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to socca10's comment:

Whatever you ...I said if Thornton remains in the line up ...Wings will win this series ....and it wont be a coincidence ....PERIOD

thank God the blue. Jackets dont have a y old farttt slowmoe on their team cause after the BRUINS elimination I am all the way with them

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Whatever you ...I said if Thornton remains in the line up ...Wings will win this series ....and it wont be a coincidence ....PERIOD

thank God the blue. Jackets dont have a y old farttt slowmoe on their team cause after the BRUINS elimination I am all the way with them

How about that assist tonight?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Hope the top guys can get it going.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Stan, Stan, come back Stan.  oh Stannn  essstannn

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

How about that assist tonight?

Wooooooooo I am all excited Mr slowmoe got an assist .....expectations are so low that he now desserves the Connie Smyth trophy...wooooooooo what amazed me is the strenght of that team ...despite carrying some dead wood they keep winning ...unreal !  But I was so happy last night what about that goal by Hamilton and Rask's performance ...wow

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

My hopes are that if Paille and Kelly both come back ...the BRUINS are going to keep Florek and bench st ....that would be awesome !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

So what now Stan? Wings in 7?

Sections
Shortcuts