Sabres or Sens?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Sabres or Sens?

Who would you rather draw in the first round? 

Goaltending edge clearly goes to Sabres - Miller vs. Anderson.  Forwards are somewhat even with Vanek/Stafford huge Bruin killers vs. Spezza/Alfredson not far behind.  Defense is probably a wash - I like both Karlsson and Meyers, the nod going to Karlsson at this point though.

I think the B's will beat either, but have a harder time with the Sabres. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Sabres or Sens?

I hope the sens, i get a chance to see a game, Id rather see buffalo wear down the rangers,

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If you are talking cup, you shouldn't be affraid of either team. But I think the sens are the weaker team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Sens. Worse goaltending and D equal sweep. Bad thing about good goalies like Miller is that they can get hot at the most inconvenient times and steal games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

I think that the Sens have no depht and are weak on defense.
    Like most of you, I have a little fear that's call Ryan Miller...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The obvious right now for the 1st round and better matchup would be the Sens. 
    I do feel the Bruins can also beat the Sabres but I'de rather play a team with a high in the 2nd round.  It would be killing 2 birds with one stone,  the 2nd bird being hopefully the elimination of the Rangers.
    That brings me to my next point, like OatesCam is saying,  if the Bruins need to move to the final they will have to beat no matter whom they face, Buffalo, Rangers and even the Pens.  I just like the fact that those teams mentioned get worn down a little first.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Buffalo is red hot right now and Miller has been a big reason. Vanek is always good against the B's and they have that little punk Kaleta. They would probably use the Lucic hit as motivation if they played the B's, but overall I think that they would lack the toughness to grind out the series

Ottawa has Karlsson on the point, some skilled veterans and a decent goalie in Anderson.

Either way I think that the B's will have there hands full. But Ottawa may be the weaker team only because of Anderson

Now if Washington gets there act together and end up in 7th. Their Goaltending is a big question mark and there D is very questionable. But Ovechkin is red hot, and Backstrom could be coming back. This could make an interesting matchup, but think the B's would take them in 5

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

MoogFan,  is Caps make it , they'll make it in barely and will be in 8th spot.  Not good because I could see the Rangers beating them in 4-5games.
    The Bruins should help the cause and beat the Caps Thursday and the Sabres next week meh .... maybe rest some players . Wink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Kaleta got hit in the hand last night. Any news on that?

Also Erhoff went down. Not sure of either players current condition.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

sens hands down

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Miller's red hot - you don't want to play the hot goalie in the first round. The last time the Sabres got this type of goaltending down the stretch they finished  fourth in the NE, but got all the way to the Finals. Not a team I want to face off the bat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Havn't heard about Kaleta but according to the Team 1040 in Vancouver, Lindy Ruff said Erhoffs injury was a significant leg injury.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

One sure thing is, if the B's want to make a long run, it will be a good thing that someone else eliminate the Rangers. Because Lundquist have always shut down Boston, even more than Ryan Miller.
    Like in boxing, styles make fight, so we have better chances against a team like Pittsburgh, even though they're red hot.

For the same reasons, if we get out of the east, the most important thing is to face anybody but the damned Sharks for the grand finale, although we won't have a chance !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I would still rather play Ott first round despite injuries as Miller can easily steal a series.  Has anyone heard how Fleury is doing for the pens? Got nailed by his own player and then did not play the third period.  They obviously will still be an extremely tough team but having a back up in net may make it a bit easier for whoever ends up playing them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Miller was red hot in 2010 as well then a lesser team than this years version of the Bruins beat Ryan. Anderson could do the same during the new season- post season. Just let the chips fall where they will fall anyways.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

In Response to Re: Sabres or Sens?:
    In Response to Sabres or Sens? : Only the NHLOA and Gregorys Daddy know for sure!
    Posted by null

Actually, the NHLOA just called and said Null is a brainless dic.khead and he should get off the internet. I'm pretty sure that's what they said.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

No one wins the cup with a crap goalie...

Miller is way better than Craig Anderson...

Ipso facto, gotta go Ottawa all day...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I, personally, hope the Sabres don't make it for one reason - The Caps will battle up the Penguins.

The Penguins will get bruised up with the Caps. With the Sabres they will have a walk in the park.

Philly and Rangers will go to war and few will be left unscathed.

The Bruins will meet tired and wounded oppenents, if the Sabres don't make it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I think the Sens are the lesser of the two evils. Been watching the Sabres lately, and they are definitely playing some good hockey right now.....just in time for the playoffs.

Sens seem to have trouble with the B's.....Sabres have recently played them much closer and like others have said, Andersen isn't Miller.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the real question is... who wants to play the bruins in a 7 game series? nobody. let them worry about us. when the bruins play their game, they are unstoppable.

Sections
Shortcuts