Sabres Radio Station Says They Want Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Sabres Radio Station Says They Want Bruins

I should have known this was coming. I live about 20 minutes away from Buffalo on the Canadian side.  On my way home from work, I often tune in to WGR 55 which is the Sabres hockey network to see what they are talking about. Today they were talking about who they would like to face in the first round if they get in. Believe it or not their first choice was the Bruins. They said the team should go all out & try to get the 7th seed so they get the Bruins. They feel they can knock out the '' tired, reeling & uninspired '' Bruins & it would be the best matchup for them. They also quote Ryan Miller as the best goalie in the world right now & that any potential opponent should be afraid to face him. Lots of talk from people who's team is still on the playoff bubble. That's Buffalo for you I guess. Let the debate begin.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochesternybruinfan. Show rochesternybruinfan's posts

Re: Sabres Radio Station Says They Want Bruins

Sabres should worry about getting IN the playoffs first

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

You know the old saying....careful what you wish for.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Well, if they get in, they're either going to get the B's or Rangers.  I don't find it strange that they would want the lower seed.  Plus, the Sabres manhandled the B's a month ago so that's still fresh in their minds.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In Response to Re: Sabres Radio Station Says They Want Bruins:
    Sabres should worry about getting IN the playoffs first
    Posted by rochesternybruinfan

Exactly

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

The B's will play them tentatively too. Miller hit still in everyone's eyes.
    Good thing is last year the B's had Mtl first round. (Chara hit on Pacerity) They played them without hitting. Should be a good series

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

The B's will start playing physical again in the playoffs.  Bring on the light weights.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The B's will start playing physical again in the playoffs.  Bring on the light weights.
    Posted by mattbs

I agree.  The B's are still the toughest team in the NHL.  As soon as the Garden shakes, the boys will come alive and destroy any in their path.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I asked my buddy, a Sabres fan , the same question on the weekend ( also including the Pens with the Bruins and NYR ). He noted that he liked the way the Sabres handled the NYR in a recent 4-1 win. His pick was the NYR.

Looking at it from a Sabres perspective I could see where some would want the Bruins . No one should want the Pens for obvious reasons, the Rangers are a tough defensive minded team who block a ton of shots along with the best goalie in the game this year and the Bruins don't have that consistency going in their game that they had from last year's playoffs. They are up and down with their play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Of course the Sabres want the Bruins. Inconsistency is still prevalent. Last night Kreji floated thru most of the game, and , except for his score [ important] Ference was a stumble/giveaway on most shifts. That's not what is needed. I don't want to say much about Timmy in the shootout, but why did Claude put out Peverly, he of the empty net goal. ??? why is Claude skating Peverly with Bergeron?? Lots of questions about the decisions being made at this late date.  Peverly "CAN BE" a solid contributor, but he is not back yet, and he has never been a "scoring" machine. Wake up Claude.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

Of course the Sabres want the Bruins. Inconsistency is still prevalent. Last night Kreji floated thru most of the game, and , except for his score [ important] Ference was a stumble/giveaway on most shifts. That's not what is needed. I don't want to say much about Timmy in the shootout, but why did Claude put out Peverly, he of the empty net goal. ??? why is Claude skating Peverly with Bergeron?? Lots of questions about the decisions being made at this late date.  Peverly "CAN BE" a solid contributor, but he is not back yet, and he has never been a "scoring" machine. Wake up Claude.
    Posted by bogie6

I agree about putting Peverly out so soon in the shoot out there are other players who are on top of there game right now and should have been in before gotten a chance in the shootout before him. Maybe Rolston? He has been hot and CJ usually goes with the hot hand.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

My response

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipWoX9xL2No

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He may have put Peverly out there as a way to help jump start him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Pouliot (14 goals), Looch (20-plus), or MARCHMANT (20-plus) would be much more likely to score than Pevs in a shootout. I feel the B's let a point slip away by going with Rich. Love him as a player, but not in that situation.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

My choice would've been Marchand

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

So easy to say who YOU would have gone with when the game is over. If Peverly scores in the shootout, everyone would be saying how brilliant CJ is. How many other things has CJ tried and turned out positive?

You win some, you lose some. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Why isn't anyone grateful that they got a point that they really had no business getting?  I am.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

So easy to say who YOU would have gone with when the game is over. If Peverly scores in the shootout, everyone would be saying how brilliant CJ is. How many other things has CJ tried and turned out positive? You win some, you lose some. 
    Posted by Ronstar8

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

So easy to say who YOU would have gone with when the game is over. If Peverly scores in the shootout, everyone would be saying how brilliant CJ is. How many other things has CJ tried and turned out positive? You win some, you lose some. 
    Posted by Ronstar8

I agree it is easy to say after the fact. And i think that he was probebly playing a hunch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

When has ryan miller ever played well in the playoffs?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

pevs had played pretty good since his return. his hands looked a little rusty(said so himself in pregame interview), but he was skating really well and making good decisions. clode called on pevs for the shootout to get him kickstarted and rolling into the playoffs. he just didn't put it into the back of the net. clode did a similiar thing earlier this year when poulliot struggled. put him in the shootout, bang! game winner. clode's batting .500, that aint too shabby.    

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

and by the way... the sabres better be careful of what they wish for, they might just get it. they'd have a beat up and severely bruised hockey club. can't wait to hear linda ruff cry to the media..."they're a bunch of bullies...weh weh".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Bruins are a better team that faced the 2010 103 point Sabres and Buffalo is not better than ether right now. Sure Miller would steal a game or two but so would Thomas.

Boston would do the same thing they did in 2010 wear that small forward smurf part II team down by the 6th game. Wheeler out - Marchand in, Siedenberg in - Wideman, Begin out - Kelly in out etc.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fan08. Show fan08's posts

The Rangers remind me an awful lot of the 2009 Bruins. Excellent defensively, great goaltending, with just enough offense to win games. They played a playoff-style for much of the regular season, but didn't elevate their game enough in the playoffs and were gone in the second round.

Like the 09 Bruins, this year's Rangers have been winning a lot of games, and that experience can help, but it can also be mentally draining.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rangers out before the conference final.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

NY Jets of the NHL. A team of softies who are all talk, but when push comes to shove they turtle.

Sections
Shortcuts