Sad sad sad sad sad

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Sad sad sad sad sad

"UPDATE: Chris Clark broke his second during a second-period fight with Micheal Haley. Claude Julien confirmed Lane MacDermid asked Haley to fight in the third. Haley declined."

Makes me sick.  People are saying no touch icing is wussifying the NHL.  THIS is 1,000,000 times worse.  Good God.  I can't even start getting into it or I'll be here all morning only for half of you to TLDR me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Sad sad sad sad sad

Pardon me, but I couldn't help noticing some elements of your previous post which vex me somewhat.  Would you be so kind as to dedicate some time to a spirited back-and-forth in which we respond to each others arguments about the relative merits of our positions with an escalating series of insinuations and finally outright insults?

Maddening.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No thanks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

In Response to Sad sad sad sad sad:
    [QUOTE]"UPDATE: Chris Clark broke his second during a second-period fight with Micheal Haley. Claude Julien confirmed Lane MacDermid asked Haley to fight in the third. Haley declined." Makes me sick.  People are saying no touch icing is wussifying the NHL.  THIS is 1,000,000 times worse.  Good God.  I can't even start getting into it or I'll be here all morning only for half of you to TLDR me.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

It's part of the game.  Always has been.  If every part of hockey is examined and the physicallity of the game is reduced, what's the point of playing hockey?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

But wait Michael Haley is what makes hockey dangerous though. A career AHLer beats up on a 12 year NHL veteran, who rarely ever fights, after hitting another NHL veteran but refuses an invitation because he knows he will get his jock handed to him.

You know what I'm convinced, I must watch more AHL games for the danger. That is absolutely worth the price of admission. If Haley races an opposing defenseman down the ice to break up icing then shoves them into the boards n brakes their leg that's just danger.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Why did McDermid " ASK". Just whack the guy, drop the gloves and pound away with passion if necessary. However, if Clark broke something while engaged in a fight, why should there be any "goon" type retaliation ? What ever happened to "take a number"? Did not Campbell have a "fight"with someone who blindsided him the season before? Should the "instigator" rule be modified or adjusted ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Sad sad sad sad sad:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Sad sad sad sad sad : It's part of the game.  Always has been.  If every part of hockey is examined and the physicallity of the game is reduced, what's the point of playing hockey?
    Posted by bostonbruins69[/QUOTE]

Asking people to fight is part of the game?  Which part of hockey is that?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

I want to see 22 in Black and Gold beat the living sheet out of Haley the next time we play the Islanders. Kudos to McDermid for issuing the challenge. Haley is a punk. Kick his a-ss. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I want to see 22 in Black and Gold beat the living sheet out of Haley the next time we play the Islanders. Kudos to McDermid for issuing the challenge. Haley is a punk. Kick his a-ss. 
    Posted by BigChara[/QUOTE]

Missing the point.  Don't ask, just grab him and let him pay.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Kudos to McDermid for issuing the challenge.
    Posted by BigChara[/QUOTE]

Why does he get any credit for "asking"? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Sad sad sad sad sad:
    [QUOTE]"UPDATE: Chris Clark broke his second during a second-period fight with Micheal Haley. Claude Julien confirmed Lane MacDermid asked Haley to fight in the third. Haley declined." Makes me sick.  People are saying no touch icing is wussifying the NHL.  THIS is 1,000,000 times worse.  Good God.  I can't even start getting into it or I'll be here all morning only for half of you to TLDR me.

I'll take the bait, because I am not sure what makes you sick about this quote?  Is it the "ask/decline" part of the CJ quote or just that a thug like Haley is even in the league?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Sad sad sad sad sad : I'll take the bait, because I am not sure what makes you sick about this quote?  Is it the "ask/decline" part of the CJ quote or just that a thug like Haley is even in the league?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Have you ever been in a fight where the other guy asked you to fight?  Have you ever asked someone to fight?  For me, it's no and no.  If the fight isn't borne out of emotion, it's useless.

If the player is mad enough to fight, then fight.  Drop the gloves, grab him and staaaaart swinging.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sad sad sad sad sad : Have you ever been in a fight where the other guy asked you to fight?  Have you ever asked someone to fight?  For me, it's no and no.  If the fight isn't borne out of emotion, it's useless. If the player is mad enough to fight, then fight.  Drop the gloves, grab him and staaaaart swinging.

No, "wanna go pretty boy" for you?

I get that point, seems like the league cracks down on the grab him/throttle him approach with the instigator rule or suspensions (see Brad Staubitz).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sad sad sad sad sad : No, "wanna go pretty boy" for you?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

I wish!  There were many times when I would have declined!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Tap him on the shoulder, drop the glves, and give him one second to set and defend himself. Don't ask.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

You mean like how Walker asked Ward; NAS? Since the beginning not every fighter just started swinging. I do get your frustration; but every situation is different. It's not always as easy as "just start swinging". I know I learned the hard way; by moving my trap instead of my fist!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]You mean like how Walker asked Ward; NAS? Since the beginning not every fighter just started swinging. I do get your frustration; but every situation is different. It's not always as easy as "just start swinging". I know I learned the hard way; by moving my trap instead of my fist!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Lucic-Laraque , Lucic was on orders not to drop them. Laraque chased him around the ice smiling, looking like a goof. I always wondered why Laraque didn't just drop his gloves and wail away. The way it turned out Laraque just looked stupid. Who knows maybe George was scared.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sad sad sad sad sad : Have you ever been in a fight where the other guy asked you to fight?  Have you ever asked someone to fight?  For me, it's no and no.  If the fight isn't borne out of emotion, it's useless. Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Your comparison is off:

On the street, if the other guy isn't a willing participant, it's assault. So, yes, I ask. If the other guy turns me down, I don't jump him. I have a job, a home, and a family and I'm not risking that to a lawsuit because some idiot pissed me off.

But, in hockey it's different. Just drop the gloves and make him pay.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Nail the mtfu beg forgiveness later.

Rules we don't need no stinkin rules.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Used to think NAS abducted old what's her name, lately it seems maybe she abducted him, he is not as feisty as he once was.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Bin away from here for awhile, (oil patch) no internet..... Drop the instigator rule and let's get back to hockey the way it was meant to be played. Anybody that is against fighting has no business calling themselves a bruin fan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Does anyone else find a coincidence in all these head shots and the instigator rule? I know there were some head shots before but not nearly at the rate we are seeing them now. I could be wrong, I think it has more to do with the equipment and speed of the game, but I do think if the players are able to police themselves there would be less. IMO, with the speed of the game so fast now, you need a no instigator rule.Back then, players knew if they looked at Gretzky wrong they pay.
    The NFL quickly realized it need to protect it's stars, the NHL can implement all the rules they want but it only helps so much. Rid the game of the instigator rule.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone else find a coincidence in all these head shots and the instigator rule? I know there were some head shots before but not nearly at the rate we are seeing them now. I could be wrong, I think it has more to do with the equipment and speed of the game, but I do think if the players are able to police themselves there would be less. IMO, with the speed of the game so fast now, you need a no instigator rule.Back then, players knew if they looked at Gretzky wrong they pay. The NFL quickly realized it need to protect it's stars, the NHL can implement all the rules they want but it only helps so much. Rid the game of the instigator rule.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Kel, I think the instigator was brought in in part to make the game more appealing to fans in non-traditional markets. As those teams fail and move back to the geographical roots of the game (a process started with the Thrashers that will likely continue with the Yotes and Panthers) I think you'll see the intigator scaled back if not eliminated.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone else find a coincidence in all these head shots and the instigator rule? I know there were some head shots before but not nearly at the rate we are seeing them now. I could be wrong, I think it has more to do with the equipment and speed of the game, but I do think if the players are able to police themselves there would be less. IMO, with the speed of the game so fast now, you need a no instigator rule.Back then, players knew if they looked at Gretzky wrong they pay. The NFL quickly realized it need to protect it's stars, the NHL can implement all the rules they want but it only helps so much. Rid the game of the instigator rule.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

The instigator came out in 1992.  This headshot stupidity is new in the last few years.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sad sad sad sad sad : Kel, I think the instigator was brought in in part to make the game more appealing to fans in non-traditional markets. As those teams fail and move back to the geographical roots of the game (a process started with the Thrashers that will likely continue with the Yotes and Panthers) I think you'll see the intigator scaled back if not eliminated.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Colorado, Tampa, Dallas, Carolina, Nashville, San Jose and Columbus are doing fine.

One new team has moved in the past 20 years.

Which of "those teams" are you referring to?

Sections
Shortcuts