Sad to say but Marchand has to go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Sad to say but Marchand has to go

I love the kid, he's an amazing talent but he's a marked man.  He will never get the benefit of the doubt and in the eyes of a ref he's always guilty.  It even got to him, played horrible this whole playoffs.

Trade him while he has value BUT for the love of God not for spare parts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Re: Sad to say but Marchand has to go

Agree!! But no will take him. He has no value.

Great in 2011 but a total idiot

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Just buy him out!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Marchy just played his last game for the Bruins. His year started badly and ended even worse.

Thanks for your efforts in 2011.

We gotta move on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Actually, it would be sadder if he didn't go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

He's a mess and will definitely be traded in off season. 

Defense.  It is still important.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

No doubt the recent sightings of Seguin did not add to Marchand's focus.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

He does seem like the likely goat this year.  I think there's a market for him.  Moving him would mean a complete re-work of the forwards, though.

-- Proud user of http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8vclq_sgc2c-69-chambraigne" rel="nofollow">Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

It's funny that you're starting this thread, BsL.  I was thinking of starting a Marchand thread tomorrow.  I like to think things through and I'm not sure I want him gone, so I wanted to wait until tomorrow.  I was planning on looking for his playoff stats from 2012-2014.  Without looking it up, I'm under the impression that his playoff struggles have been going on for a while.  It's not just the not scoring that bothers me, but the stupid penalties and the turnovers.  That penalty to start the second period was about as stupid as it gets.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Easy to single him out B's Legion... He had plenty of company... I do agree that the league has told the refs to watch his antics since 2011... Go down the line though, you will find our two #1 centres were sub par this series with little impact and more of a contributing factor to the Bruins demise....The young d subbing in for McQuaid and Seids simply made enough mistakes that cost the Bruins as well...

when your #3 line is your best line in the series... Not much to say after that...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

GNB - since the Cup win, Marchand has had decent series against PIT and NYR.  Other than that, only 1 goal against WAS in the 5 other series he's been in.

-- Proud user of http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8vclq_sgc2c-69-chambraigne" rel="nofollow">Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Kid runs his mouth and can't back it up at all! I agree, he needs to go.

also I understand missing an open net or two but not 4!!!!

I also feel he gets knocked off the puck way too much and tries to push the puck into 2-3 defenders.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

If the BRUINS' FO were to trade everyone who didn't contribute in this series, that would be about half the team. Saying that, Marchand's and Krejci's pathetic play was still more noticeable than everybody else.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I was one of those who had thought he would of been traded at the deadline and if he goes at the draft i would not miss him. In fact hes not the only one. Altho they looked better this game than game 6, klj line is the reason this team had little offence. During the past couple of weeks at the end of the regular season i stated a few times they needed to rest the Defense, they just werent up to par and i include chara. In all honesty i can name 10 other defensemen id rather have than chara. CJ admittingly said a few days ago he is different than other coaches when using a timeout. The truth is he never does use them, i thought the last penalty he would of used it, stress the importance of the kill with 5 minutes to go. Anyhow theres alot of problems with this team, i hope they make some positive changes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

I love him for 2011 but opponents have figured out how to neutralize the guy.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Reactionary.  Trading Marchand is a dumb idea.   

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Marchy just played his last game for the Bruins. His year started badly and ended even worse.

Thanks for your efforts in 2011.

We gotta move on.

[/QUOTE]

I'm a big fan of his skill, just carries a negative package . I mean all season he was victimized with bad calls, even though he was innocent he got called.  He dug his own grave with his antics . 

He's a distraction . He's too much of Too much maintenance

Oh and once and for all PC trade Bartkowski outta here ! no more rumors , just get rid of him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Don't get off the ice on time?  Bye Sobotka.

Make a boneheaded play to lead to a series winning OT goal against?  Bye Pouliot.

Get paid to be a go-to scorer, and not score during the playoffs?  Bye Seguin.

This seems to be Chiarelli's MO.  I think we'll see someone go by means other than letting them hit the UFA market.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Easy to single him out B's Legion... He had plenty of company... I do agree that the league has told the refs to watch his antics since 2011... Go down the line though, you will find our two #1 centres were sub par this series with little impact and more of a contributing factor to the Bruins demise....The young d subbing in for McQuaid and Seids simply made enough mistakes that cost the Bruins as well...

when your #3 line is your best line in the series... Not much to say after that...

[/QUOTE]

Oh I know there's blame to go around.  My point is he's too much of a distraction, all season this has been going on.  He's just poisoned , it's too bad , but he's done in Boston .

I don;t know what is said on the ice but he must say a lot for the refs to be after him like this.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I love the guys gm but he was putrid in the playoffs last season and even worse this yr.  Got no problem w/ him being dealt. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's funny that you're starting this thread, BsL.  I was thinking of starting a Marchand thread tomorrow.  I like to think things through and I'm not sure I want him gone, so I wanted to wait until tomorrow.  I was planning on looking for his playoff stats from 2012-2014.  Without looking it up, I'm under the impression that his playoff struggles have been going on for a while.  It's not just the not scoring that bothers me, but the stupid penalties and the turnovers.  That penalty to start the second period was about as stupid as it gets.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

[/QUOTE]

I've been meaning to say it for a while, all season he would get called on a non-penatly, it just weighs on the team/   I can't state enough how I feel how his talent.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Did Marchand play a crappy series?  Yes.

Did he take some dumb penalties? Yes.

With those granted, you don't trade one of the best nonpowerplay goal scorers in the league (he finished 8th in the entire league right behind Crosby)  that also plays with an "edge".  Keep in mind that this guy got zippo powerplay time the entire year and playoffs.  I would have been more disappointed in his play had he not got any chances at all---but he had plenty of chances (the puck simply did not go in for him).  In another playoff season, he nets 4 or 5 of those.  It's not like the other Bruins forwards were lighting the lamp.    

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did Marchand play a crappy series?  Yes.

Did he take some dumb penalties? Yes.

With those granted, you don't trade one of the best nonpowerplay goal scorers in the league (he finished 8th in the entire league right behind Crosby)  that also plays with an "edge".  Keep in mind that this guy got zippo powerplay time the entire year and playoffs.  I would have been more disappointed in his play had he not got any chances at all---but he had plenty of chances (the puck simply did not go in for him).  In another playoff season, he nets 4 or 5 of those.  It's not like the other Bruins forwards were lighting the lamp.    

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

There's no nice ending when a player like him is a marked man.  Refs watch game video also.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Briere: We all saw the muscle flexing, the helmet tossing and the water bottle spray, those are all things we tried to use to our advantage.

Way to go Marchand and Thornton .