Sad to say but Marchand has to go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Sad to say but Marchand has to go

You don't trade guys based on the playoffs. That's why I never would have traded Seguin the way they did--although the return on him has been pretty good overall. It's reactionary, fan-catering nonsense. Those that do change or blow things up because of 1 or 2 series are essentially not bright. If you are looking at the Penguins coaching situation now that has some teeth, and replacing a Bylsma has some merit based on the overall talent of that squad all his years there. That might be the difference for that team. The B's are a solid, very solid team in the East really for some years to come. They may need a few acquisitions and subtractions to get to the next Cup finals, but hardly does it need to result in dumping a quality player like Marchand before his time and that goes for Krecji as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Couldn't agree more, Danny.   I could see one of Bart or Mezaros gone and potentially McQuaid  but not much else.  They would be foolish to do something reactionary.  There would be none of this nonsense talk if the Bruins scored on just 20% of the posts they hit.  

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Marchand is a 4th line guy.  He should be on the 4th line. 

Defense.  It is still important.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

At the end of the day the blame for all of this teams meltdown in the playoffs rests with the coach... Nuff said...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You don't trade guys based on the playoffs. That's why I never would have traded Seguin the way they did--although the return on him has been pretty good overall. It's reactionary, fan-catering nonsense. Those that do change or blow things up because of 1 or 2 series are essentially not bright. If you are looking at the Penguins coaching situation now that has some teeth, and replacing a Bylsma has some merit based on the overall talent of that squad all his years there. That might be the difference for that team. The B's are a solid, very solid team in the East really for some years to come. They may need a few acquisitions and subtractions to get to the next Cup finals, but hardly does it need to result in dumping a quality player like Marchand before his time and that goes for Krecji as well.

[/QUOTE]

Finally one who makes sense... teafe march or krejci and team qui be on a sharp decline

When will you listen. .m when

[/QUOTE]

Reading your posts , is like listening to someone talk with their mouth full . Maybe take the time to read your posts first , before you spew your nonsense on here .

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Marchand is a 4th line guy.  He should be on the 4th line. 

Defense.  It is still important.

[/QUOTE]
    Ya right, put a 25 goal scorer (all even strength or short handed) on the 4th line. A guy that was invited to team Canada's camp last summer, he's now a 4th liner.

While I understand your rationale in this thread BsLegion, I don't know if I could pull the trigger and give up on Marchand. His antics sure bit us where it hurts last night though and you may indeed be right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Re, all these bad penalties.....

Tell me the last time a "snowjob" penalty was called in a 1 goal game during the 7th game of the playoffs, and please don't assume it doesn't happen.  When you look at all of the crap BOTH of these teams were throwing at each other for the past couple weeks....does it make even an ounce of sense, that this is picked out as being MOST unsportsmanlike?

Have we lost every fragment of common sense here?

And that misguided penalty BM took by getting hurled into Price.....yeah, he should be ashamed. 

For all you Bruin fans compiling lists of who should go,.... because they lost.....maybe you should do a list of who should stay.  If you base it on the same objective criteria, it's generally agreed that Bergeron and Soderberg played fairly well.  After that...pretty much every single Bruin played below expectation(see poorly).  Every fekkin one!

Why not trade em all 'cept  PB and the Yeti.  Wouldn't that be fun?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

How 'bout them Canadiens, eh?

Choke...just a hideous monstrous choke by the Sons of Julien.

This is worse than last year's "2 goals in 36 seconds".

Time to re-tool...it's done folks...all done....it's downhill from here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love the kid, he's an amazing talent but he's a marked man.  He will never get the benefit of the doubt and in the eyes of a ref he's always guilty.  It even got to him, played horrible this whole playoffs.

Trade him while he has value BUT for the love of God not for spare parts.

[/QUOTE]

While he has value ? HE STINKS !!! does he have grease on his stick? Sad to say but he have a hard time scoring on a empty net  5 ft away.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Re, all these bad penalties.....

Tell me the last time a "snowjob" penalty was called in a 1 goal game during the 7th game of the playoffs, and please don't assume it doesn't happen.  When you look at all of the crap BOTH of these teams were throwing at each other for the past couple weeks....does it make even an ounce of sense, that this is picked out as being MOST unsportsmanlike?

Have we lost every fragment of common sense here?

And that misguided penalty BM took by getting hurled into Price.....yeah, he should be ashamed. 

For all you Bruin fans compiling lists of who should go,.... because they lost.....maybe you should do a list of who should stay.  If you base it on the same objective criteria, it's generally agreed that Bergeron and Soderberg played fairly well.  After that...pretty much every single Bruin played below expectation(see poorly).  Every fekkin one!

Why not trade em all 'cept  PB and the Yeti.  Wouldn't that be fun?

[/QUOTE]

You just proved my point.  Those penalties are only called on Marchand, even when they're uncalled for.  The wolf will shed his fur but never his skin. That's how the refs and the head of officiating see Marchand. He will never get the benefit of the doubt I believe the kid needs a fresh start somewhere else.  He deserves it.

Thanks Steve, as a lever headed and very smart poster on BDC I'm happy you chimed in on the officiating.

while I cannot blame the refs for the loss it was a very bad officiated game , especially a game 7.  It played into exactly what the Habs wanted, a momentum killer (till the very end with Boychuk penalty) and special teams play. Why do you think they mouthed off in the media stirring they welcomed the dirty play? You think the NHL wasn't listening ?  I could careless seeing the Bruins on 10PPs in a game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Marchand for Silfverberg or Kreider, anyone with some speed! And Lui Lui also should go, he's slower than Jagr and doesn't play uptempo enough. Or a package, even Krecji inluded if necessary, for Evander Kane might be a nice tweak. But things gotta change! My feelings for Rask have tarnished too, he seems to wilt a bit. This may take care of itself if Subban comes up as a backup and starts outplaying him, which is very possible. I know I'm t-o'd at the moment but I'm fairly sure there has to be a 2-3 man changeover in the top 9 forwards, with an accent on speed. When they won the cup thay had lots of that with Segs, Kelley, and Peverley. This year's edition of the B's was deeper but slower.

I think he lost a couple of Chicklets Fred--The Turk

The goal isn't for the Bruins to take a beating for the team, it's to cause the opponents to take a beating for theirs.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Don't forget he was terrible in the Detroit series.

Remember those open nets!  Wow I could have scored.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SylvesterMexicano. Show SylvesterMexicano's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:[QUOTE]

I SAID IT

AYOUNGER VERSION OF AN OLDER VERSION OF JAGR [/QUOTE]

Talking about brothels again ?

Pathetic!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:BS playoffs are everything!!!!!!!!
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Marchand didn't produce as much as I would expect, but neither did Krejci,Lucic, Bergeron, etc..They lost as a team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You just proved my point.  Those penalties are only called on Marchand, even when they're uncalled for.  The wolf will shed his fur but never his skin. That's how the refs and the head of officiating see Marchand. He will never get the benefit of the doubt I believe the kid needs a fresh start somewhere else.  He deserves it.

Thanks Steve, as a lever headed and very smart poster on BDC I'm happy you chimed in on the officiating.

while I cannot blame the refs for the loss it was a very bad officiated game , especially a game 7.  It played into exactly what the Habs wanted, a momentum killer (till the very end with Boychuk penalty) and special teams play. Why do you think they mouthed off in the media stirring they welcomed the dirty play? You think the NHL wasn't listening ?  I could careless seeing the Bruins on 10PPs in a game.

(quote)

Thing is B's, if he's a marked man, a fresh start won't mean anything.  Gallagher's a weasel too.  The officials know that, but they're not blowing calls on him are they?

Nope,.  Just plain old incompetence....and that's best case scenario.  It wasn't just Marchand or game 7 either.  The whole fekkin series.  If I was Chiarelli, I'd scream to high heaven, pay the fekkin fine, and keep screaming till the refs got a little more objective. 

It works.

We all know how playoff hockey is officiated.  The last straw was the call with around 4 min remaining.  Down 2 goals that effectively ended the program.  That just doesn't happen.  It has to almost be a mugging to get a penalty late in a game 7, and that make up with a couple to go was a laugher.

Referreeing didn't cost the series.  It was a big factor though.  Reason I'm bringing it up is because all this venom against Marchand isn't fair.  He got fekked twice in game 7.  Royally fekked, and he shouldn't take the fall for biased, incompetent officials.

What do you suppose Therrien would be saying if those 2 calls were made against Gallagher? 

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't think Marchand is traded this summer but I do think he is kept on a short leash if he doesn't come out of the gates, in October, with a real good start. Nothing to me says he Marchand's skill level has dropped or is gone.

Whittle Brad will bounce back just like Krejci did after his dismal 2012 playoffs.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think Marchand is traded this summer but I do think he is kept on a short leash if he doesn't come out of the gates, in October, with a real good start. Nothing to me says he Marchand's skill level has dropped or is gone.

Whittle Brad will bounce back just like Krejci did after his dismal 2012 playoffs.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

[/QUOTE]

I like Marchand. But if they make a move in late June or early July # 63 has the bullseye on him. He might not make it this time. He will be suspect number one for CN and PC.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Okay, I'll play along. Marchand has to go... so if you're PC, who do you get to replace him? I'll even help there too with a wild idea: Matt Moulson. Problem is Moulson is older and will want a heck of a lot more money and Boston won't be able to fit it in the cap without cutting elsewhere.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Herein lies the rub.  We can say this guy or that guy needs to go, etc.  The question will then be: who will not show up in NEXT year's playoffs if they fail to go far.  See the conundrum?  

THat said, I don't see MArchand as a 2nd line guy any more.

Again: Chicago is doing something more effective with that roster and coaching.  And if the Kings move to Round 3, they are too. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Yeah, let's get rid of another guy who can score goals, that has good speed, and quickness.  Maybe we can replace him with Dustin Penner???  

Trading Marchand is dumb...see below.  

Top 10 Non Powerplay Goal scorers in the NHL (Shorties goals in parenthesis)

1) Perry 35 (1)

2) Pacioretti 29 (1)

3) Kessell 29 (0)

4) Ovechkin 27 (0)...Rocket Richard Winner

5) Seguin 26 (0)

6) Pavelski 25 (0)

7) Crosby 25 (0)

8) Marchand 24 (5)

9) Don't care

10) Point made

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

Herein lies the rub.  We can say this guy or that guy needs to go, etc.  The question will then be: who will not show up in NEXT year's playoffs if they fail to go far.  See the conundrum? 

THat said, I don't see MArchand as a 2nd line guy any more.

Again: Chicago is doing something more effective with that roster and coaching.  And if the Kings move to Round 3, they are too.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

What happened when PC brought in Horton ?

How many years in a row would you like the Bruins to finish near the bottom of the league to get players like Kane, Seabrook, Toews ? You want a 35 year old forward taking up $7.9M of your cap until 2021 ?

Lots of IFs that Chicago faced in 2011 and 2012 as well when they didn't win it all. You've hedged your bets with IFs. "If Boston brings in another right-handed shot to ride with Krejci they still might not win the SCF" No S***!

But lets get rid of a 26 year old, 3rd round pick that has 39 points in 66 career playoff games, that also is a plus- 19 in those playoff, because of a 2nd round exit.

OH and throw out PC and Julien while your at it.

Sections
Shortcuts