Sad to say but Marchand has to go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Sad to say but Marchand has to go

In response to marco0863's comment:

I SAID IT

LOUI IS AYOUNGER VERSION OF AN OLDER VERSION OF JAGR

[/QUOTE]

Talk about taking two contrasting styles of playing the game and comparing them.

Makes no sense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I don't think Marchand HAS to go...........but I could see him being one of the first to go if the Bruins want to shake things up. 

He still holds good value because of being an agitator who still has really good skills. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I see 3 possible teams for March : Flyers, Columbus, Ottawa

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Funny how Seguin was sniffing around Boston with Marchand a few days before game 7. Don't you think?

Might be looking for a ticket there. And a trade for Timmy would be just the thing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Timmy's a UFA, isn't he?

Are you not entertained?!?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to EastTraveler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At the end of the day the blame for all of this teams meltdown in the playoffs rests with the coach... Nuff said...

[/QUOTE]

I can almost hear stevegm's teeth grinding....

[object HTMLDivElement]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Okay, I'll play along. Marchand has to go... so if you're PC, who do you get to replace him? I'll even help there too with a wild idea: Matt Moulson. Problem is Moulson is older and will want a heck of a lot more money and Boston won't be able to fit it in the cap without cutting elsewhere.

[/QUOTE]

Moulson is A) slower, B) not a 30 goal scorer when not playing with Tavares, C) clearly overvalued, D) older.  No thanks.

[object HTMLDivElement]

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from surfingdjc. Show surfingdjc's posts

Marchand, Bartkowski and a top prospect for Taylor Hall. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

At his cap hit, Marchand's 53 points is still pretty good value.  Not many players in the league who provide that much offense, without playing the PP and including leading the league in shorthanded goals, for under $5M unless they are EL players or late developers on their second contract like van Reimsdyk.  If you take the acknowledged impact of playing the way the Bruins play into account, Marchand's numbers look even better in comparison - outscored guys like Moulson, just behind Backes and Parise.

The playoff slump can't continue, but he wasn't the only one. 

Are you not entertained?!?!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

You'd need to find someone to take him and a couple more 3rd and 4th line players and give us a young stud.  A trade like Dallas pulled off on us.  Good luck finding another GM that would do that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The playoff slump can't continue, but he wasn't the only one. 

[/QUOTE]

Been 20 playoff games since he scored....that's Seguin territory.

But I agree with you. He is young, cap friendly, and productive for the most part. Furthermore, whatever might come back from a trade would need to be roster ready. Losing a solid left winger for prospects and no heir apparent is not the best move in my opinion. Furthermore, PC can't continue to let go of productive players in their prime and expect surprises like Smith every time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SylvesterMexicano. Show SylvesterMexicano's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:[QUOTE]

LOUI IS AYOUNGER VERSION OF AN OLDER VERSION OF JAGR [/QUOTE]

Talk about taking two contrasting styles of playing the game and comparing them.

Makes no sense. [/QUOTE]

Oh uea plenty of sense as slow and useless including those so called zones of urs clearly demonstrated. [/QUOTE]

Jagr scored 24 goals and the Devils went ahead and re-signed him.

Yep useless.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

All of the "this guy must go" threads are hysterical, because if the fans here get their wish the Bs wouldn't have anyone left from a team that was the league's best for the year. In itself, that's just laughable.

But I'm in the same camp as some of you that some change is warranted and would be warranted even with a Cup win. If you're not moving forward, you're moving back theory. Looking up and down the lineup, taking into account contracts as well as trade value, and I'd say Marchand is also for me the #1 guy I'd like to see moved.

For all the reasons already stated, it boils down to the fact that his effectiveness is in agitating. When the Refs won't let him do that, then his value in other areas just don't make up for it. Let's be thankful he came out of nowhere and was a key part to success for 3 years, and get something in return now before he sinks further. I can see a scenario where he could be part of a deal that helps unload Kelly to get more back than what you'd get for just one or the other. A little speed and a 18-20 goal scorer coming back in return would be ideal and I think that can be had with a Kelly-Marchand combo. Carolina might have some good options here with their logjam of young, fast LW-ers and are a mess with depth overall.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Carolina might have some good options here with their logjam of young, fast LW-ers and are a mess with depth overall.

[/QUOTE]

sorry Asmaha, I don't see that logjam in Carolina that you speak of.

http://www.capgeek.com/hurricanes/" rel="nofollow">http://www.capgeek.com/hurricanes/

Am I missing something?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SylvesterMexicano. Show SylvesterMexicano's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:[QUOTE]

Jagr scored 24 goals and the Devils went ahead and re-signed him.

Yep useless. [/QUOTE]

Oh man ... u won't stop will u. I f u like we can talk elsewhere cuz I'm refraining .

Jagr 24 goals? New jetsey made playoffs ...right?

Now if u knew this sport ... maybe you woukd understand how his 24 goals aren't piopping any gm eyes except for new jersey.. they

Have no choice.  They have nothing. [/QUOTE]

Clearly you don't know what "refrained" means or you would have not answered. And once again you are blaming one player for a team not making the playoffs or not doing well in the playoffs...not bright. Exemplary (look that up) hockey knowledge. 24 goals for a 42 year old is nothing but eye popping. Too bad you will never know what talent is.

"piopping"

What does that even mean ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[/QUOTE]

sorry Asmaha, I don't see that logjam in Carolina that you speak of.

http://www.capgeek.com/hurricanes/" rel="nofollow">http://www.capgeek.com/hurricanes/" rel="nofollow">http://www.capgeek.com/hurricanes/

Am I missing something?

[/QUOTE]

It's more they need bodies who can actually play, and there are several guys they do have that fit similar roles at wing: Skinner, Tlusty, Gerbe, Dwyer, Lindholm. But whetever...the point being Marchand and Kelly do have value to teams looking to round out some depth while the Bs can part ways with them while still improving their team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Oh man ... u won't stop will u. I f u like we can talk elsewhere cuz I'm refraining .

Jagr 24 goals? New jetsey made playoffs ...right?

Now if u knew this sport ... maybe you woukd understand how his 24 goals aren't piopping any gm eyes except for new jersey.. they

Have no choice.  They have nothing. 

" LOUI IS AN YOUNGER VERSION OF AN OLDER VERSION OF JAGR"

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the much needed laugh.

The idea of YOU saying that to ANYONE, is hysterical. You have become Stanleyesque in your misguided belief, that everyone will suddenly agree with you, if you just keep repeating the same krap over and over, again.

If you would just stick to talking hockey, instead of trying to prove you're smarter than everyone else, you could become a welcome addition to this board.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I would like to be a fly on the wall for Marchand's exit interview.

I am uneasy about what his attitude possibly is.

* hanging out with Seguin

* stupid penalty snowing Price

* didn't seem to be emotionally involved (yes, you can say this for everyone one the team)

* and of course, lack of production (yes, you can say this for everyone one the team)

I wonder if he's TRYING to get traded for some reason.

This is just total speculation on my part of course.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Don't think Marchand needs to go,just needs to cool it with all the crap and play hockey he has a ton of talent,and some how he has to get some respect back with the reffs,ever since the Detroit series when he when he got nead and went down ,and looked like he was in agony,drew a penalty but he was holding the wrong leg,The reffs don't like to be showed up,and they punished him for it the rest of the playoffs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thing is B's, if he's a marked man, a fresh start won't mean anything.  Gallagher's a weasel too.  The officials know that, but they're not blowing calls on him are they?

Nope,.  Just plain old incompetence....and that's best case scenario.  It wasn't just Marchand or game 7 either.  The whole fekkin series.  If I was Chiarelli, I'd scream to high heaven, pay the fekkin fine, and keep screaming till the refs got a little more objective. 

It works.

We all know how playoff hockey is officiated.  The last straw was the call with around 4 min remaining.  Down 2 goals that effectively ended the program.  That just doesn't happen.  It has to almost be a mugging to get a penalty late in a game 7, and that make up with a couple to go was a laugher.

Referreeing didn't cost the series.  It was a big factor though.  Reason I'm bringing it up is because all this venom against Marchand isn't fair.  He got fekked twice in game 7.  Royally fekked, and he shouldn't take the fall for biased, incompetent officials.

What do you suppose Therrien would be saying if those 2 calls were made against Gallagher? 

[QUOTE]

I totally agree.  The best part is so many Bruin fans are too righteous and say there was nothing wrong with the officiating.  I saw so many other series and they could have committed murder and there was no call.

Why do you think PK Subban went out to the media and said he hoped that game7 would be dirty ?  You can even hear his interview on NHL.COM .  Subban (and the Habs) wanted to get the attention of the league for this game to be looked at closely and be called tight.  This way they could have the type of game they wanted, special teams.  All it did was kill any momentum the Bruins could mount. 

Even Fraser commented on how bad this game was called. I can't find his tweets anymore, he might have deleted them.

In 2011  game7 , if Tampa would play chippy on purpose and force the refs to make calls maybe there would be a different ending to that game because we all know NHL refs will try to even things out . Maybe not exactly but you get my point ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I dont wanna trade him unless it produces a very good player in return.  The problem with most Vermin style players is they wear out their welcome.  Then move on to another team and are completely reborn.  Mind you i dont know if he does this without his big brothers there to back him.  I can see a number of west coast teams on the verge wanting him.  

Sections
Shortcuts